• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Step-by-step instructions for editing ICC with Magpie

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
no date at all works. I tried every date from 1st to about 25th and it was still invalid.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
bryce said:
No offence Neil, but the editor its a great concept and all but should never of been released with it containing so many bugs with the possibility to destroy peoples databases, or at least with a readme of what not to do.
Which is why I posted several times, "back everything up before you edit", and there is a warning message to that effect which appears each time you run the editor. I can't take responsibility for people not taking adequate steps to protect themselves with what they know is experimental code.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
ICC Fan said:
Thanks for your help Neil, I've got the program working now. Can't edit the players' records though, comes up with

Any help here would be appreciated.

Another aspect I'm having trouble with is once I've edited players, I can't find them to get them into a team. I suppose I could edit the skill of the player using Magpie and then edit the name in ICC but that's a bit annoying.
I don't think the player histories editing is safe to use at present, you can change pre-existing ones, but it seems like adding new ones doesn't work.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Ferd said:
I'm really having trouble with my regional settings.

Every time I update a players stats their birthdays are invalid dates. I read through this thread and have changed my regional settings (as suggested) a total of 4 times. Each time I have also restarted my computer, re-installed ICC and moved convdb.exe and magpie into the relavant folder. The settings are currenlty set on English(United Kingdom) dd/MM/yyyy. What should I do?
I don't understand why this isn't working, sorry, and it's not something I've been able to recreate here.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
bryce said:
another thing i found is once you reset a players stats using the reset button you cannot save, you have to manually reset it which isn't much of a problem i guess but it can be a problem if you are using the reset button.
"Cannot Save" - you mean it gives the integer problem?

Is this with "reset all" or just resetting the rows?

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
When I edit a players info a message comes up saying "invalid date <birthday>" and no date at all is valid.

ICC Fan

Cricket Spectator
Neil Pickup said:
"Cannot Save" - you mean it gives the integer problem?

Is this with "reset all" or just resetting the rows?
For me, whenever a 'reset row' or 'reset all' button is pressed in the players' history, it can't save.

ICC Fan

Cricket Spectator
It's not a huge issue with the option to manually edit the player statistics though. Has this problem every been mentioned before?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
alright, i have few God-given gifts, and messing around on a computer is NOT one of them.

i love my ICC and would be emotionally damaged if anything ever happened to it. may this work and work well! ill post again with the results...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
oh k... DAMMMMMMMMMMIT!!!!
i thought i did everything perfectly, but lo and behold, it dont work. when i go to my saved york****e game it just has the loading screen and nothing happens and when i go to single player career it says runtime error or something. please help...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
alright now it just gets stuck on the loading screen no matter what i do. please help...

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
It happens a lot when editing.

My advice is to re-install the game, no save files will be deleted, then make a copy of the original DataP and DataT files.

Edit the copied ones which are renamed to DataT and DataP and then save, making sure you don't use the reset buttons and save.

If something goes wrong, delete them, make a copy of the original files and edit them again and keep on going until it works.