• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Step-by-step instructions for editing ICC with Magpie

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
SirBloody Idiot said:
This is the international duty one.

I am completely lost as all it was was editing players.
I don't understand that either. We never managed to find an offset that specified International duty - could you compare your edited DB to the previous one and check which offsets are different?

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
I don't understand that either. We never managed to find an offset that specified International duty - could you compare your edited DB to the previous one and check which offsets are different?
How do you mean offset?

And I'm still not sold on resetting career averages, by pressing reset all, saving comes up with '" is not a valid interger.'

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay, I'm getting really ****ed off now.

I have no idea how many times I have had to reinstall this bloody game, but I have tried putting in all the Data about eight times.

When editing a large number of players into a game, which names do I use?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
SirBloody Idiot said:
How do you mean offset?

And I'm still not sold on resetting career averages, by pressing reset all, saving comes up with '" is not a valid interger.'
If you open the DB1 files pre- and post- edit with a hex editor and see where the differences are, it may help to isolate the International duty problems.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
SirBloody Idiot said:
Okay, I'm getting really ****ed off now.

I have no idea how many times I have had to reinstall this bloody game, but I have tried putting in all the Data about eight times.

When editing a large number of players into a game, which names do I use?
I would recommend you overwrite players from County sides.

ICC Fan

Cricket Spectator
Neil Pickup said:
8. Find the MS DOS Prompt (Start Menu -> Run -> cmd on Windows XP)

9. Change to your ICC directory. If you're having trouble, this can be done via the following commands (so long as ICC is installed in the default location):

9a. cd\

9b. cd progra~1

9c. cd empire~1

9d. cd intern~1
I have a problem with the eight step, I'm using Windows 2000 so could someone help me out here please?

Cheers.

ICC Fan

Cricket Spectator
I went to Run and typed in 'cmd' but the program isn't found. I'm on a different computer now so can't try the MS Dos Prompt you mentioned unfortunately. Will see what happens when I return to attempting to install the Magpie.

Thanks for your help anyway.

ICC Fan

Cricket Spectator
On another computer where ICC is installed, my Windows 2000 now isn't working! :(

Did the same process but had no further luck. Got to this stage but I'm not sure what to do with the MS Dos Prompt now.

Attachments

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Go back to page one of this thread, and follow the convdb steps.

This shouldn't be necessary with the newest version.

bryce

International Regular
No offence Neil, but the editor its a great concept and all but should never of been released with it containing so many bugs with the possibility to destroy peoples databases, or at least with a readme of what not to do.

ICC Fan

Cricket Spectator
Thanks for your help Neil, I've got the program working now. Can't edit the players' records though, comes up with
" is not a valid integer
Any help here would be appreciated.

Another aspect I'm having trouble with is once I've edited players, I can't find them to get them into a team. I suppose I could edit the skill of the player using Magpie and then edit the name in ICC but that's a bit annoying.

ICC Fan

Cricket Spectator
Actually, I've solved the part about putting players into teams, seems pretty obvious now.

Still not sure about editing player statistics though.

bryce

International Regular
another thing i found is once you reset a players stats using the reset button you cannot save, you have to manually reset it which isn't much of a problem i guess but it can be a problem if you are using the reset button.

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm really having trouble with my regional settings.

Every time I update a players stats their birthdays are invalid dates. I read through this thread and have changed my regional settings (as suggested) a total of 4 times. Each time I have also restarted my computer, re-installed ICC and moved convdb.exe and magpie into the relavant folder. The settings are currenlty set on English(United Kingdom) dd/MM/yyyy. What should I do?

ICC Fan

Cricket Spectator
bryce said:
another thing i found is once you reset a players stats using the reset button you cannot save, you have to manually reset it which isn't much of a problem i guess but it can be a problem if you are using the reset button.
Yes, that's what happened with me. I've worked out that you need to do it manually now so thanks for confirming that.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Ferd said:
I'm really having trouble with my regional settings.

Every time I update a players stats their birthdays are invalid dates. I read through this thread and have changed my regional settings (as suggested) a total of 4 times. Each time I have also restarted my computer, re-installed ICC and moved convdb.exe and magpie into the relavant folder. The settings are currenlty set on English(United Kingdom) dd/MM/yyyy. What should I do?
yeah, you can only make their birthday in the first 12 days of the month for some reason.