• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Step-by-step instructions for editing ICC with Magpie

DJellett

International Debutant
Neil - I have tried to edit again - but when I click "Open" in magpie, it says "File Not Found"

Any reason why?

bryce

International Regular
i got my editor going, its real good except the only problem is the search function does not work and with all the players basically randomly scattered it makes it hard to find certain players.

dj i had that problem where it says "file not found" when you click open on magpie, heres what i done:
copied and pasted all my icc game files into a different folder(made a new one), then uninstalled icc2002, then installed it again and put all the game files in the new icc2002 folder then repeated all the editing steps, you lose nothing this way and it does not even take very long.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
bryce said:
i got my editor going, its real good except the only problem is the search function does not work and with all the players basically randomly scattered it makes it hard to find certain players.
Put in "<surname>, <first name>" (i.e. Harmison, Stephen). If you don't know the full name, open the decrypted database (datat.db1 in notepad or a hex editor and search for one of his names.

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
Same problem here. Also, if I change something and click "Update Player" it says <birthday> is not a date. Does anyone else get this error?

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
IsuraE said:
Same problem here. Also, if I change something and click "Update Player" it says <birthday> is not a date. Does anyone else get this error?
Sorry, I mean "<birthday> is not a valid date".

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
This is really ****ing me off.

I'm doing something like the CricketWeb ICC Team on another board.

I did the whole team last night, took me a while. When everything was sorted, I got to Single Player Career.

The thing that says loading stays there for a while. Then I get an error message.

Today, I re-did it all. Got into the game and clicked on New Game. Then went to the team. When I pressed start game, ICC just closed down and I was back at desktop.

Any help?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
How much are you editing at once? I'm not convinced the player histories are totally safe to edit.

Suggest you change the raw data first, try then, and if it works back up and continue.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not having trouble editing histories.

Just a question, when adding players, do I change the people at the top like C Charnock or something, or do I overwrite other players?

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay, I finally got my team in to the game.

Now, I couldn't get rid of Mascarenhas, Mullally and Crawley from my squad with the editor.

What's worse, about seven of my players are on permanant international duty.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
SirBloody Idiot said:
I'm not having trouble editing histories.

Just a question, when adding players, do I change the people at the top like C Charnock or something, or do I overwrite other players?
Up to you, but I don't know what would happen if you leave the Minor Counties with less than 11 players.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
SirBloody Idiot said:
Okay, I finally got my team in to the game.

Now, I couldn't get rid of Mascarenhas, Mullally and Crawley from my squad with the editor.

What's worse, about seven of my players are on permanant international duty.
"Couldn't get rid of"? - it wouldn't let you, or didn't work?

Permanent International duty I've not seen before - anyone else had this?

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I stopped doing that.

I just changed all the Hampshire players names and stats around for my team.

But the above thing on the international players happened.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
"Couldn't get rid of"? - it wouldn't let you, or didn't work?

Permanent International duty I've not seen before - anyone else had this?
Well, I moved them to other teams with the editor, but they were still in my team in the game.

I'll get a screen of the other one.