• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Step-by-step instructions for editing ICC with Magpie

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
1. Download convdb.exe

2. Unzip this file

3. Copy the unzipped file into the folder you have installed ICC in (most likely to be C:\Program Files\Empire Interactive\International Cricket Captain 2002)

4. Download http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/msvcr71d.dll and http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/msvcp71d.dll

5. Copy these two files into the directory C:\Windows\System32\

6. Download Magpie

7a. Copy magpie.exe from the folder you downloaded it into

7b. Open the folder you have installed ICC in (should be C:\Program Files\Empire Interactive\International Cricket Captain 2002)

7c. Paste magpie.exe into this folder.

8. Find the MS DOS Prompt (Start Menu -> Run -> cmd on Windows XP)

9. Change to your ICC directory. If you're having trouble, this can be done via the following commands (so long as ICC is installed in the default location):

9a. cd\

9b. cd progra~1

9c. cd empire~1

9d. cd intern~1

10. Decrypt team data - Type convdb -d datap.db datap.db1

10a. If you already have a decrypted datap, make sure it's called datap.db1.

11. Decrypt player data- Type convdb -d datat.db datat.db1

11a. If you already have a decrypted datat, make sure it's called datat.db1

12. Start Magpie, don't close the MS DOS Prompt yet.

13. Click File -> Set ICC Location

13b. Select dataT.db in the ICC folder, and click OK.

14. Click File -> Open.

15. Begin editing at your heart's content.

16. Click update after you've finished editing a player/team/whatever.

17. When finished, click File -> Save.

18. Restore the MS DOS Prompt, make sure you are still in the ICC folder, and type convdb -e datap.db1 datap.db (to re-encrypt the team data).

19. Followed by convdb -e datat.db1 datat.db, to re-encrypt the player data.

20. Run ICC

Last edited:

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Those links for step4, they come up for me as "page can not be found". Does anyone else have this happen??? Do you have a newer link or something Neil?

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
As a point of interest Neil, will there be any simpler ways to do edit ICC with magpie in near future? Just because Magpie will probably end up on cricket games or something...don't want to put off your customers;)

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
You could create a batch file. here's what i did. i simplified using these steps. you need to have the files, convdb.exe, dataP.db, dataT.db, and also the DLLs required, in the same directory, prefereably in the icc folder.

1.create a batch file called decrypt.bat with the following (save in the same folder)

convdb -d datat.db datat.db1
convdb -d datap.db datap.db1

2.create a batch file called encypt.bat with the following (save in the same folder)

convdb -e datat.db1 datat.db
convdb -e datap.db1 datap.db

3.First run decrypt.bat (double click on the file in explorer)
4.then edit using magpie
5.save any changes you make (in magpie)
6.Run encypt.bat. database updated!

repeat from step 4 if you want to many other changes. you dont need to decrypt every time.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Feel free to e-mail me those BATs and I'll upload them for others.

I'm looking at couple of tips that Dan's given me of implementing them into the program itself via "CreateProcess" or somesuch.

DJellett

International Debutant
OK BIG problems...

When I open ICC, it comes up with a message box which says "abnormal program abortion" (see attached picture)

Does anyone know what is wrong here? I never had this problem until I tried to use the editor...

Maybe reseting the files, how do I do that?

Attachments

NikhilN

International Regular
DJellett said:
OK BIG problems...

When I open ICC, it comes up with a message box which says "abnormal program abortion" (see attached picture)

Does anyone know what is wrong here? I never had this problem until I tried to use the editor...

Maybe reseting the files, how do I do that?
What exactly did you edit?

DJellett

International Debutant
Just some players things - eg. Made Gilchrist really aggresive, put me in the game (but deleted me before I got a chance to play) etc.

NikhilN

International Regular
that happened to me and a few other people...when you made a typo in MS DOS...did you make a typo?

DJellett

International Debutant
Nikhil4eva said:
that happened to me and a few other people...when you made a typo in MS DOS...did you make a typo?
Wouldn't know - what do I do if I did?
Can I just un-encrypt again?