• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Step-by-step instructions for editing ICC with Magpie

NikhilN

International Regular
yup...I tried doing everything after it happen to me but in the end I had to re install the game...or replace the file with the back up file...so save your self time and re install it or replace the file with the back up

DJellett

International Debutant
Aaarrrrrggggghhhh....!!!!!

The Magpie database stuff has kept the changes I made before...

WHAT DO I DO :(

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Just do the decrypt phase again and it should sort itself - youve still got the 'old' decrypted files so you need to overwrite it with the new one

DJellett

International Debutant
I did - it still has the old files, even when I did all the decrypt again...:(

What am I doing wrong?

DJellett

International Debutant
Also, in Magpie, I can't search even for players I know that are there.

When I "Open" in Magpie, it comes up with - '.' is not a valid integer value

AND I cant save changes in magpie as well.

DJellett

International Debutant
DJellett said:
Also, in Magpie, I can't search even for players I know that are there.

When I "Open" in Magpie, it comes up with - '.' is not a valid integer value

AND I cant save changes in magpie as well.
Is there any reason for this?

DJellett

International Debutant
OK so I've re-installed in a new location, but now when I start Magpie and click on "Open", it comes with an error box saying "File not Found"

:s

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
DJellett said:
I've done that Nikhil, although NOT in a different location, I'll try it...

BUT I've found lots of faults in Magpie, probably not in the program itself but maybe in my files.

Have a look at these pictures...
i think you should download the correct databases. i saw it in the icc editing thread, not sure which page. something like that happened to me and i downloaded those databases and used them.

hope this helps

NikhilN

International Regular
DJellett said:
It's in C:/ProgramFiles/EmpireInteractive/ICC2001

Where should I put it?
where you installed the game for the 2nd time I thought you said you put it in a new location