• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Step-by-step instructions for editing ICC with Magpie

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
HELP!!!

MS DOS is not working through Start > Run...I have never had this problem before...Thanks to anybody who can help me out...I have no idea what has happened. It comes up in the small black box for half a second and disappears...when using "cmd". I used this not so long ago when going through magpie...i want to use it again, and now this happens.

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
Just did 2 hours of editing.

I saved after part one, which was adding/editing players to the database...nothing, perfect save.
Then after putting players into correct squads....save...error!

Now, i did close between the save points (after 1st save, i closed) and did not do anything in command prompt...just to notify you i did this.

Now, i know the work is corrupted and is lost....but i was just wondering, was that wrong what i did...and the error is

' r' is an invalid interger.

Cheers

Bluke

Cricket Spectator
Wow Guys, I'm really impressed, and fascinated to see that Middlebrook is better than Shane Warne in bowling skill. However, like an earlier poster, I actually like playing ICC far in the future in 2030 or whatever with made up 'fake' players which can't yet be edited by Magpie.

I assume the way ICC works is that the players around at the start of the game live in some king od central DB that is decrypted and the accessed by Magpie. The 'fake' players appear in .cap save game files? Or are they added to the DB as they are created?. Any idea on how one would go about decrypting the .cap files to edit 'fake' players?

Cheers

Bluke

Cricket Spectator
Can you elaborate on that? The new players are not - so far as I am aware - editable via magpie at present- only those in the initial DB (i.e. 'real' players) appear.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Effectively a save-game editor? No idea, I'm afraid. Haven't the faintest idea how the decryption works for the pre-game database either, I just shoehorned that code into my own haphazard creation. To be honest I'm surprised the thing still works...

OsmanBhatty

Cricket Spectator
hi, neil

when ever i try to SAVE the file,after decryption n stuff in magpie, following error appears

"[] is not a valid integer value"

now wht??

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It means something's corrupt somewhere. No solution but to start again, and back up regularly... those warning messages aren't there for fun.

OsmanBhatty

Cricket Spectator
yeah it's working now, thanx
but after editing Freddie and James Anderson from Lancashire,
the whole budget of the team is equal to the salaries of these two :laugh:

but still nice work done.... Is there any way to edit the SAVED FILE DATA?

dmac

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
team editor

i was just wonderin if anybody could post a encypteror a database editor so i can crack the codes 4 icc 2006 an mke a team editor :) it great if u could help