• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Step-by-step instructions for editing ICC with Magpie

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
1. Download convdb.exe

2. Unzip this file

3. Copy the unzipped file into the folder you have installed ICC in (most likely to be C:\Program Files\Empire Interactive\International Cricket Captain 2002)

4. Download http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/msvcr71d.dll and http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/msvcp71d.dll

5. Copy these two files into the directory C:\Windows\System32\

6. Download Magpie

7a. Copy magpie.exe from the folder you downloaded it into

7b. Open the folder you have installed ICC in (should be C:\Program Files\Empire Interactive\International Cricket Captain 2002)

7c. Paste magpie.exe into this folder.

8. Download http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/encrypt.bat and http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/decrypt.bat

9. Save/move these into your Magpie folder

10. Start Magpie, don't close the MS DOS Prompt yet.

11. Click File -> Set ICC Location

11b. Select dataT.db in the ICC folder, and click OK.

12. Click File -> Open.

13. Begin editing at your heart's content (but player histories are very unreliable)

14. Click update after you've finished editing a player/team/whatever.

15. When finished, click File -> Save.

16. Run ICC

If you get the Invalid Integer error

Then your databases are corrupted. So download KentLad's update and restore them

If you have ICC 2000 or 2001

Download KentLad's DB first up. Actually, download it whoever you are as it's great.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The above updated walkthrough should work - if you have further problems add me to MSN (etc)

Update for everyone - I finish exams tomorrow, so I'm going to try to sort out the player histories and contracts bugs.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I'm still getting the Invalid integer error even with the fresh origanl database..

regional settings have been changed, don't know what else it could be..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Eclipse said:
I'm still getting the Invalid integer error even with the fresh origanl database..

regional settings have been changed, don't know what else it could be..
Try KentLad's DBs.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
jazz said:
yes i knw they are 2002 datbases but what im saying is can i use them for 2001????
You can use them for 2001, but like Neil said, I'd recommend you download KentLad's database.

cpr

International Coach
hmm, i get the invalid integer thingy when trying to save...... on a fresh install...

patched upto date, untouched db.... all i've done is change a few figures with the lancs squad (made smethurst pants, law english, Flintoffs first name shortened to andy).... no major db mess up stuff....

I'm using the newest version (with contracts/ethnicity fixed)

like i said, it shouldnt be the db..... these ones have come from a fresh install, never edited.... I've not had this problem before....

Dunno if its the new editor or not, so i thought i'd post and let you's know anyway.

Oh, and i know you say d'l kentlads update, which i grant is very good, but i'm not a fan of making the players 3 years older without the ability to update stats either (in fact i'm not a fan of making them 3 years older at all, defeats the point of playing the 1st 3 seasons really)... so rather than whinge about his db, i'll applaud him for it but unfortunatly say its not for me i'm afraid....

Last edited:

Eclipse

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
Try KentLad's DBs.
tried that as well..

canot open any database.. bare in mind i've used this editor plenty of times but just on this recent re-install i can't get it working.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hmm.. not entirely sure then.

Try running "decrypt.bat" independently and then see what happens when you start the program?

cpr

International Coach
Hmmm, still have no joy..... And, being a grade one prat, i'd deleted my old ICC games thinking i'd start again once i'd got the editor.....

oh dear.....

cpr

International Coach
Thats not an editor error, as i've had that quite a few times before using the editor

Only real way round it i found was to reinstall the game.... try copying your save database/games/fields etc and if the fresh install works, add them in one by one untill you find whats causing the problem

dannyb

Cricket Spectator
cpr said:
Thats not an editor error, as i've had that quite a few times before using the editor

Only real way round it i found was to reinstall the game.... try copying your save database/games/fields etc and if the fresh install works, add them in one by one untill you find whats causing the problem
right ive give that a go, cheers

RoyalHotel

Cricket Spectator
Yeah i am having the same problem. Used magpie heaps of times with no probs. Since i have downloaded the newer magie with ethnicity added, i can edit players no worries and it will save but as soon as i edit the squads of teams the invalid integer pops up as soon as i save.

cpr

International Coach
Haha man, no worries, got further than anyone else has :)

In the meantime any chance of a link to the last version of magpie? if all works well with that then we know its your screw up not ours :P

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
cpr said:
Haha man, no worries, got further than anyone else has :)

In the meantime any chance of a link to the last version of magpie? if all works well with that then we know its your screw up not ours :P
Um, it doesn't appear to be anywhere on my system. Bummer. Anyone?

EDIT - Think I've dragged it out the Recycle Bin. This might well be it!

Last edited: