• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hard to get:

Anomaly

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Is it just me or are good all-rounders and decent keepers hard to get? Im in the year 2030 or something and have never come across a decent allrounder or keeper. I've had a couple of keepers who avg 50 in the second 11 but only average 30 in FC cricket... What are the best all-rounders you've had? I can only seem to get them to average around 30 with both bat and ball...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
The best i've had are Bill Neville, a leg spinning allrounder who averages 40 with the bat in FC and 42 in OD and with the ball 25 in FC and 19 in OD.

My best keeper is Hugh Benn, he's had a hard time of it the last couple of seasons after a great start but he averages 39 in Tests

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I never get good keepers, just use another batsman.

I had one all-rounder, played ten or so tests at an average of thirty.

Was dropped, got brought back into the team five later and finished with an average of 47.

His bowling was mid thirties.