• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the Top : Episode I

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
13th June

Eldershaw: With Yorkshire taking on Worcestershire in a County match, Chad Keegan was set to return to the XI for me, but a late injury concern regarding Oram meant that I still had a shot of a FC debut, but ultimately the pick was for legspinner Jaansen instead.

Yorkshire XI Scoreboard:
Worcestershire 348 and 120/4 beat Yorkshire 196 and 270 by 6 wickets

Outstanding performers:
Michael Vaughan 56
Vic Nixon 87 not out
F Jaansen 5/81
Chad Keegan 3/33

Eldershaw's 2nd XI stats: 18* and 10; 2/38 and 3/18
Good game. Whilst I heard the senior boys didn't go too well, I certainly enjoyed myself, working up a good rhythm and getting the results. I also should have had another 3 wickets (2 in the 1st and 1 in the 2nd) if not the less-than-bucket-hands of Tim Darbon. Still quite pleased and very confident at the moment.

Mr Mxyzptlk

17th June

Eldershaw: Oram's back and fitter than before, though still a bit under the weather. Jaansen goes back to second XI cricket and I'm in for the Keegan, who hasn't been sharp in OD cricket this season.

YORKSHIRE V MIDDLESEX (45-over)

Conditions: Unsettled, Very Sunny, Sunny
Pitch: Good for seamers but nothing for spinners
Toss: Middlesex (Bat first)

Hutchinson and Oram did a clinical job with the new ball yet again, handing over to me with the score 26/2 from 12 overs. It would have been 3 wickets down too if Mullins didn't drop Sinclair (on 2) off Hutchinson.

Taking over from Hutchinson's end - 6-2-12-1...

1st ball to Daniel French : clipped for 1 run to sweeper at square leg
2nd ball to Matthew Sinclair : defended off the back foot
3rd ball to Matthew Sinclair : defended to gully off the back foot
4th ball to Matthew Sinclair : HOWZAT?!?!?
Length ball that caught Sinclair shuffling across the crease and struck on the pad.
Umpire: Not out - hit him outside offstump.
5th ball to Matthew Sinclair : full ball, defended back to bowler
6th ball to Matthew Sinclair : short of a length, punched off the back foot for 4!

Very angry at myself for that last delivery. It would have been a very pleasing first over if not for that 4-ball at the end.

Oram bowled one more over from the other end, then ended his spell at 7-1-17-1 and was replaced by Vic Nixon. Nixon set out to bowl a tight line and length and started well. Meanwhile, my next 3 overs went for 18 runs and my spell was cut at 4-0-23-0.

Davies entered the attack but proved expensive initially. The breakthrough came via Nixon bowling French (39), then the runs began to flow. Captain Vaughan replaced Nixon 6-1-28-1 in an attempt to pull in the run rate. He immediately got Sinclair (52). At the other end, I was recalled to replace Davies (5-0-40-0) and a heap of pressure to get it right immediately.

1st ball to Larry Broudie : defended off the back foot, no run
2nd ball to Larry Broudie : defended off the back foot and a quick single taken
3rd ball to Tim Humphries : defended to gully off the back foot
4th ball to Tim Humphries : defended off the front foot
5th ball to Tim Humphries : full toss and smashed down the ground for 4!
6th ball to Tim Humphries : full and driven down the ground to newly-placed longoff

Yet again I surrended that boundary. At least this time I was trying something correct - a yorker.

L Broudie c Mullin b Vaughan 20 (23)
...in the next over. Hales to the crease now...

Eldershaw - 0,0,1,0,1,1

Vaughan continuing to bowl tight at the other end, putting more pressure on me to hold my own. It didn't quite work out though - a couple of full tosses driven for 4s in my next over. :(
Overall my second spell wasn't much better than my first by any means. With figures of 7-0-41-0 I was replaced by Nixon.

Vaughan and Nixon bowled full and straight, varying pace and wrapping up the tail for 180 all out.

Middlesex 180 all out (40 overs)
(Michael Vaughan 7-1-23-4, Vic Nixon 8-1-47-4, Paul Hutchinson 6-1-12-1, Jacob Oram 7-0-17-1, Michael Davies 5-0-40-0, Gary Eldershaw 7-0-41-0)

Continuing their form, Mullin and Oram got us off to a good start - 60/0 from 15 overs. The score was 92/3 when Vaughan came to the crease, however. After 3 more overs the chase was set up very nicely. With Mullin unbeaten on 50 from 86 balls and Vaughan on 7 from 13, 69 runs were needed from 90 balls.

...39 from 60...

...7 from 30...

Broudie to Mullin - consecutive boundaries!

Yorkshire 182/3 (40.2 overs)
Noel Mullin 86* (107), Michael Vaughan 35* (58), Jacob Oram 31 (54)

Yorkshire won by 7 wickets

Standings
Chapionship: 1st (18 points ahead of Durham)
NCL: 1st (Tied with Warwicks, 1 more game played, 0.24 NRR lead)
Trophy: Round 3 v Combined Universities
Super Cup: Semi-final v Lancashire

Mr Mxyzptlk

25th June

SUPER CUP SEMI-FINAL
Eldershaw: ...but no room for me in the XI. Phil Moore returns, effectively ruling me out of another OD pick. It's not as though I've done anything to deserve one though.

Yorkshire XI Scoreboard:
Yorkshire 145/5 (38.5) beat Lancashire 144 (49.3) by 5 wickets
...to advance to the Super Cup final!

Outstanding performers:
Phil Jenkins 66 not out [91]
Phil Moore 4/31 [10]
Paul Hutchinson 2/22 [10]
Jacob Oram 2/24 [9.3]
Vic Nixon 2/35 [10]

Eldershaw's 2nd XI stats: 13; 1/22
Great news about the 1st XIs triumph, but not so great for me at 2nd level. I only got 2 overs today. I took a wicket with my first ball, then went on to end with figures of 2-0-22-1 and we lost by 6 wickets. It was never going to be easy defending 122 though...

Mr Mxyzptlk

27th June

Eldershaw: Finally an oponent that I can find my feet against! The Yorkshire 1st XI plays the Combined Universities today and thus it's effectively a 2nd XI team on display.

YORKSHIRE V COMBINED UNIVERSITIES (50-over)

Conditions: Cloudy, Unsettled, Unsettled
Pitch: Poor for seamers but something for spinners
Toss: Yorkshire (Bat first)

Yorkshire XI: Jacob Oram, Vic Craven, Phil Jenkins, Tim Darbon, Jeff Westwood, Aaron Nixon, Derek Kenway +*, Vic Nixon, Chad Keegan, Gary Eldershaw, Frank Jaansen.

We made the team decision to bat first and try to inflict the biggest possible defeat upon these school boys. Don't mean to sound boastful, but I'm just really excited about this game. For one, I'll be opening the bowling. It's time to focus on batting though.

Vic Craven c Neville b Stafford 2 (7)
Score: 5/1 (2 overs)

Tim Darbon b Goodies 14 (11)
Score: 24/2 (4.3 overs)

Jeff Westwood lbw b Stafford 6 (20)
Score: 34/3 (11 overs)

This isn't going too well at the moment. At least Oram's still there though...

Jacob Oram c Pratchett b Benton 30 (49)
Score: 58/4 (15.3 overs)

...Perhaps I spoke a bit too soon... :(

Aaron Nixon c Garside b Benton 16 (33)
Score: 71/5 (19.1 overs)

Derek Kenway b Redmond 4 (6)
Score: 76/6 (20.3 overs)

Oh dear! This is not the plan. I best get my pads on quickly!

Score: 104/6 (30 overs)
PJ (Jenkins) and Nixon have done well so far in rebuilding. Still a long way to go though...

Score: 136/6 (40 overs)
PJ and Nixon are still there and set to have a go I believe. Jacob (Oram) has warned me that the ball is darting about out there, which only added to my nerves and my anger at the skipper for electing to bat first...

Score: 172/6 (45 overs)
The atmosphere in the dressing room is much more relaxed now. Thank God for Jenkins. He's a star! 51 not out... Oh yeah, Vic Nixon (44 not out) is OK too...

Well Nixon has now overtaken PJ and is on fire! He's got 71 not out and the score is 212/6 after 49 overs. I may not get my first 1st XI bat now after all!

Yorkshire 221/6 (50 overs)
Vic Nixon 74* (93), Phil Jenkins 69* (86), Jacob Oram 30 (49)

Far less than we wanted to get, but the boys and I feel sharp and figure that should be more than enough to do the job.

New ball in hand and the score at 10/0 after an over from Keegan. Here I go...

1st ball to D Pratchett : yorker JUST dug out
2nd ball to D Pratchett : missed flick and fielded by the 'keeper - no run
3rd ball to D Pratchett : pushed to short extra cover - no run
4th ball to D Pratchett : defended off the front foot and fielded by short leg - no run
5th ball to D Pratchett : yorker dug out
6th ball to D Pratchett : full and defended to point

Great first over! I can just feel it. Today is my day!

Score: 53/0 (10 overs)
Maybe I was a bit early to comment before, seeing as my first spell has ended with figures of 5-1-25-0 and my last over cost 9...:(

D Pratchett c Kenway b Oram 34 (55)
Score: 74/1 (15.3 overs)

M Burns run out (Keegan) 48 (61)
Score: 92/2 (19.3 overs)

Two crucial wickets and surely the wheels will come off now... surely... hopefully...

Score: 109/2 (24 overs)
Not looking good at all, but I'm back into the attack to try to make a difference...

1st ball to T Garside : flicked to midwicket sweeper for a single
2nd ball to E Hull : flicked straight to square leg - no run
3rd ball to E Hull : clipped to long leg for a single
4th ball to T Garside : HOWZAT?!?!?
Umpire: NOT OUT! - heading down leg'
That looked pretty straight to me...
5th ball to T Garside : defended to backward point - no run
6th ball to T Garside : driven down to long off - one run

Chad Keegan back...

T Garside lbw b Keegan 18 (29)
Score: 112/3 (25.3 overs)

Eldershaw - 0 (batsman beaten),0,0,1,0,1

Score: 144/3 (30 overs)
Very very frustrating. My spell ended with total figures of 8-1-34-0 but Keegan had been as crappy as they'd like at the other end.

Oram back for a desperate over...

P Benton lbw b Oram 15 (13)
Score: 148/4 (31.2 overs)

Score: 191/5 (40 overs)
Vic Nixon took another wicket, but then gave up 11 runs in the over. Hull is on 53 not out and we're on the verge of humiliation. :(

Now Kenway drops Hull off Nixon!!! What a crappy captain!!

I finished off with a maiden and my last spell read 2-1-1-0. My figures are happy ones, bar the wicket draught - 10-2-35-0. Disturbingly I've not taken a 1st XI wicket since my 2/36 debut. Since then I've bowled 23 overs, 0/108!

Combined Universities 222/5 (46.2 overs)
Jacob Oram 2/30 (9), Vic Nixon 1/53 (9), Chad Keegan 1/63 [9.2], Gary Eldershaw 10-2-35-0, Frank Jaansen 8-0-30-0, Aaron Nixon 1-0-10-0.

An absolutely worthless effort from a substandard buch of losers - That's the quote I gave the press and have subsequently been suspended for 2 games. It was worth it though as it makes me feel slightly better about our pathetic substandard effort.

Combined Universities shamed all of Yorkshire by 5 wickets.

Hull took the Man of the Match unbeaten on 73.

In related news, Oxford beat Warwickshire, Wilts beat Hampshire and Minor Counties beat Derbyshire.

gio

U19 Cricketer
Ooooh, Gary's getting a bit mouthy. He better be careful he doesn't get on the wrong side of the Yorks management

Mr Mxyzptlk

And we're back folks...

29th June

Eldershaw: Left out of the CC squad yet again and not due to play for the second XI either. They say they're resting me, but I know that's punishment for my comments. I wouldn't take a word back either!

Yorkshire XI Scoreboard:
Surrey 163 and 421 drew with Yorkshire 217 and 244/5

Outstanding performers:
Phil Jenkins 22 and 54
Aaron Nixon 23 and 50*
Phil Moore 5/37 and 2/76
Chad Keegan 2/35 and 3/77

Eldershaw's 2nd XI stats:
DNP

Mr Mxyzptlk

3rd July

Eldershaw: Back in the Second XI today, but only because I was sacked from the OD team. Gutted! My psychiatrist says I have anger issues. @%$%@%#% psychiatrist. What would he know?

Yorkshire XI Scoreboard:
Yorkshire 255/6 (45) beat Sussex 124 (27.2)

Outstanding performers:
Noel Mullin 77 (102)
Michael Lumb 55 (51)
Jake Westwood 38 (42)
Michael Davies 4/10 (3.2)
Aaron Nixon 3/23 (5)

Eldershaw's 2nd XI stats: 4; 2/80
Horrible display from myself today. The ball was all over the place. That aside, that umpire was ridiculous! He wouldn't know a noball if it jumped and $&#$$&&* and I firmly believe that. Must work on my accuracy and rhythm because I seem to have lost it. Must also make a formal <hic> appeal against that um<hic>pire.

Mr Mxyzptlk

4th July

Eldershaw: Another County match, another Second XI call for me :(. Must put the negative thoughts behind me though. Be positive and try my best. (My shrink says I'm improving).

Yorkshire XI Scoreboard:
Leicestershire 295 and 195/3 Yorkshire 128 and 360

Outstanding performers:
Vic Nixon 0 and 106*; 2/60 and 0/17
Jacob Oram 15 and 68
Michael Davies 5/53 and 1/47

Eldershaw's 2nd XI stats: 21 and 1; 2/40, 1/23
Felt pretty good today. Probably due to our crushing defeat of the Leicestershire 2nds by an inning and 205 runs. Got my line right and the ball moved appreciably through the air. A pity the 1st XI losers couldn't take a page from our book.

Mr Mxyzptlk

8th July

Eldershaw: Well they seem to have gotten over their fit of bias and the Yorkshire management have returned me to the OD 1st team. Was in great rhythm in the nets today so I feel a good spell coming on. I've been told that I'll get the new ball this time, so very excited.

YORKSHIRE V WARWICKSHIRE (45-over)

Conditions: Very sunny, Unsettled, Sunny
Pitch: Something for seamers and for spinners
Toss: Warwicks (Bat first)

Yorkshire XI: Jacob Oram, Noel Mullin, Phil Jenkins, Michael Lumb, Michael Vaughan*, Aaron Nixon, Derek Kenway +, Vic Nixon, Paul Hutchinson, Gary Eldershaw, Michael Davies.

Good cricket conditions. Nice and cool but with the sun out.

Nice job by Hutchinson to set us off with a maiden. Now it's my turn. Nerves and excitement...

1st ball to D Pratchett : forward defensive - no run
2nd ball to D Pratchett : forward defensive - no run
3rd ball to D Pratchett : BEATEN! Shooting between bat and body there and just missing leg'
4th ball to D Pratchett : excellent yorker dug out - no run
5th ball to D Pratchett : yorker dug out again - no rum
6th ball to D Pratchett : back foot defensive - no run

Very pleased with that start. Really had it rolling then.

At 17/0...

6th ball to M Pollard : short and he looks to pull! Top-edge gone high and heading over midoff! Hutchinson charging back... Safe! Gone for 4.

*kicks dirt* *stares at batsman*

Score after 20 overs: 67/0
We're looking in good shape accuracy-wise, but the pitch isn't all that menacing. Still, the batsmen haven't raced away yet, so we're still on top.

M Pollard b Oram 36 (63)
Score: 71/1 (20.2 overs)
First blood! Congrats to Jakes on that one. Full and straight and the batsman had a swipe.

A Wright c Eldershaw b Davies 0 (5)
Score: 72/2 (21.3 overs)
Now we're rolling. I thought it was ridiculous that the skipper would put me at short square leg, but lo and behold a catch straight into my lap. I should start listening to Michael more often...

Score after 31 overs: 115/2
Good recovery from the batsmen so far. Michael bringing back his secret weapon now. Here I go...

1st ball to A Patrick : yorker dug out comfortably - no run
2nd ball to A Patrick : defended off the back foot - no run
3rd ball to A Patrick : on-drive for a quick single
4th ball to P Lawrence : cut away to the sweeper for a single
5th ball to A Patrick : flicked powerfully directly to midwicket - no run
6th ball to A Patrick : barely defended in time - no run

The rhythm continues. No wicket yet though. It'll come...

Nice spell by Davies finished. He bowled 9-0-33-1, but had a lot of close LBW appeals turned down. My turn again... for my 8th...

1st ball to P Lawrence : driven to long off for a single
2nd ball to A Patrick : guided past second slip for a boundary! FOUR!
3rd ball to A Patrick : cut away to the sweeper for a single
4th ball to P Lawrence : driven off the front foot or a bounday! FOUR!
5th ball to P Lawrence : driven off the front foot and 2 runs taken
6th ball to P Lawrence : driven to long off for a single

:( Well judging from Michael's facial expression, that may be my last over of the game. 8-2-43-0 :(

Hutchinson returns... around the wicket...
P Lawrence b Hutchinson 73 (116)
Score: 143/3 (35.1 overs)

Hutchinson dropped a low return catch off Albright! Could have been a huge over there. :(

37th over by Nixon - 0,2,2,4,4,0

38th over by Hutchinson - 1,0,3,0,4,0

Oram on for Nixon...
A Patrick b Oram 37 (42)
Score: 173/4 (38.4 overs)

T O'Toole lbw b Hutchinson 10 (6)
Score: 184/5 (39.5 overs)

Albright dropped again! This time a difficult bottom edge to Kenway. No run though. 11 off the over... :S

L Albright run out (Eldershaw) 26 (17)
Score: 198/6 (42.2)
Clearly I've got to do everything myself. My team-mates can thank me later. Cheque, cash - I don't really care.

Score after 43 overs: 201/6
I'm back again! Only because there are 2 overs to be bowled and Hucthinson and Jakes are bowled out. Regardless, I'm in...

1st ball to A Davies : defended off the front foot - no run
2nd ball to A Davies : driven to long off for a single
3rd ball to J Mullin : yorker blocked out - no run
4th ball to J Mullin : driven off the front foot past midoff to a bounday! FOUR!
5th ball to J Mullin : bouncer barely negotiated - no run
6th ball to J Mullin : BOWLED'M!
Finally!!!!!
J Mullin b Eldershaw 16 (14)
Score: 206/7 (44.6 overs)
My first wicket since my debut! 9-2-48-1 and my average drops to 64. :)

Vaughan to bowl the last over...

Warwickshire 213/7 (45 overs)
P Lawrence 73, A Patrick 37, M Pollard 36
J Oram 9-1-36-2, P Hutchinson 9-1-38-2, G Eldershaw 9-2-48-1, V Nixon 5-0-28-0, M Davies 9-0-33-1, A Nixon 3-0-21-0, M Vaughan 1-0-7-0

Time for the chase. Jakes and Mullin are in the middle and rearing to go. Been practising my pull shot all morning, so maybe Michael saw me and will promote me...

N Mullin c Aram b Betts 4 (37)
Score: 23/1 (9.6 overs)
Loose shot that. He never looked settled.

Score after 15 overs: 45/1

P Jenkins c O'Toole b Albright 22 (33)
Score: 84/2 (21.6 overs)

I was right! Michael's sent me in. 84/2 and the RRR at 5.7. Me likes...:)

J Oram run out 52 (71)
Score: 90/3 (23.6 overs)
I claim no responsibility for that!

G Eldershaw b Richardson 18 (17)
Score: 117/4 (26.5 overs)
That was a rush! 3 fours in 4 balls then out though :(. Still think I got the momentum going. Now it's time for the real batsmen to pick up where I left off.

M Lumb c Patrick b Aram 51 (51)
Score: 184/5 (38.4 overs)
We're in control now. Well played Lumb. 5 an over needed and Michael's at the crease...

5 needed off the last over now. Cutting it close, but we've got it under wraps...

Betts to Nixon: Driven away! One run, two, three and that's all they need! Game won.

That's how you play cricket! They clearly needed my on-field influence to get back to winning.

Yorkshire 215/5 (44.4 overs)
J Oram 52 (71), M Lumb 51 (51), A Nixon 41* (46)

Terrific game that. Personally I think I did well bar that one disastrous over. Overall I'm improving with experience and hope those 2 maidens and wonderful fielding display will keep me in for the next game. Fingers crossed.

Yorkshire beat Warwickshire by 5 wickets.

Standings
Chapionship: 3rd (9 points behind Durham)
NCL: 1st (4 points ahead of Surrey, 2 more games played, 0.59 behind Surrey on NRR)
Trophy: Bah! Humbug!
Super Cup: Final v Warwickshire

Up Next: The Super Cup Final

Last edited:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Eldershaw's 2nd XI stats: 21 and 1; 2/40, 1/23
Felt pretty good today. Probably due to our crushing defeat of the Leicestershire 2nds by an inning and 205 runs. Got my line right and the ball moved appreciably through the air. A pity the 1st XI losers couldn't take a page from our book.
Innings win eh?

How'd ya make 21 and 1 then...

Mr Mxyzptlk

14th July

Eldershaw: Got in a confrontation with some bloody idiot the other day. Felt violent urges, but subdued them by calling my sponsor and gagging on some VB.
Super Cup final today, so back down to the second XIs. Not upset though. Channel the anger... breath... focus... breath. At the very least I take comfort that Chad Keegan will also be out of the 1sts for this one.

Yorkshire XI Scoreboard:
Yorkshire 253/6 (50) Warwickshire 128 (31)
Yorkshire won by 125 runs
Yorkshire won the Super Cup!

Outstanding performers:
Phillip Jenkins 108* (107)
Michael Vaughan 49 (39) and 3/23 (4)
Paul Hutchinson 2/22 (8)
Michael Davies 3/12 (5)

Eldershaw's 2nd XI stats: 15 and 4/36
Back to my finest. The ball was swinging so appreciably, I thought I saw a tear in one of the batsmen's eye. They couldn't touch me, bar the lucky cuts and pulls to the boundary late in my spell. With the bat I was on fire too, striking 3 fours in my 5-ball 15-run effort, before growing bored and spooning a catch to midoff.

Mr Mxyzptlk

17th July

Eldershaw: Back in! Phil Moore and Phil Jenkins were called up to the 1sts, so my pal Sam Adamson and I gladly put our hands up for OD recalls. Swept away by our willingness, charisma and supreme talent, the powers that be at Yorkshire gladly obliged.

YORKSHIRE V SUSSEX (45-over)

Conditions: Cloudy, Very Cloudy, Cloudy
Pitch: Something for seamers but nothing for spinners
Toss: Yorkshire (Bowl first)

Yorkshire XI: Jacob Oram, Noel Mullin, Sam Adamson, Michael Lumb, Michael Vaughan*, Aaron Nixon, Derek Kenway +, Vic Nixon, Paul Hutchinson, Gary Eldershaw, Michael Davies.

Some 6 runs off Hutchinson's first over. Time for me to compensate...

1st ball to H Maxwell : forward defensive - no run
2nd ball to H Maxwell : GONE! Pushed forward tentatively and the ball seamed away... edged to slip for a great catch by Mullin!

H Maxwell c Mullin b Eldershaw 1 (4)
Score: 6/1 (1.2 overs)
Surely this time it is my day. I know I've set off false alarms before, but when you start with a ball like that, how can you go wrong?

3rd ball to P Hurley : Pushed to backward point for a quick single
4th ball to A Roach : flicked straight to square leg - no run
5th ball to A Roach : a bye down the legside
6th ball to P Hurley : back foot defensive - no run

Fine start there. Very fine.

Another one....!
P Hurley c Kenway b Eldershaw 2 (5)
Score: 18/2 (2.4 overs)
Pitched back of a length and seaming away and the batsman just played away from his body at it. Edging comfortably into Kenway's gloves. That's how you do it!

A Roach c Kenway b Hutchinson 15 (15)
Score: 20/3 (3.1 overs)
Terrific delivery! What a joy to be bowling alongside such a fantastic bowler as Hutchinson. The perfect left-arm seamer's delivery that one - pitched on middle and leg and seaming across the batsman beautifully.

J Carpenter c Kenway b Hutchinson 6 (7)
Score: 26/4 (5.2 overs)
Again! Another wonderful delivery from my partner in crime. Pitched on offstump and moving sharply away from the lefthander, getting him to play at it. Beauty!

D Clapp c Eldershaw b Hutchinson 3 (18)
Score: 29/5 (8.6 overs)
Not a great delivery this time, but a fantastic piece of catching by yours truly. Low and to my left at short midwicket. Legendary grab that! Can you feel my joy?

D Henderson c&b Eldershaw 0 (4)
Score: 30/6 (9.4 overs)
Woohoo! Another great grab. The excitement is really wearing me out. Doing a Tino Best celebration at every wicket is tough stuff. Best figures now! Still 4 to get....

U Rashid b Hutchinson 4 (12)
Score: 33/7 (10.5 overs)
They call this 'meek surrender'. Pitched outside offstump and seamed in between bat and pad - death rattle. Our greatness is surely unparalleled.

Score: 37/7 (13.6 overs)
Howzat?!?! ^%&*$@ umpire. Can't tell where the line of legstump is... What's that? Fine me? I dare you!

A couple of maidens in a row and Michael has informed me that I'll be switching ends. Not sure why...
As for now, Jacob Oram gives Hutchinson (7-1-21-4) a rest. Well-deserved I might add. 7 off his over. Michael himself to bowl my change over.

A top notch maiden from the skipper. Had a good LBW shout, but the imcompetent umpire can't tell his @%#% from his @##%&^*&#@!

1st ball to M Yardy : defended off the back foot - no run
2nd ball to M Yardy : defended off the front foot - no run
3rd ball to M Yardy : late defended off the back foot with the ball barely bouncing past offstump
4th ball to M Yardy : guided to deep point for a single
5th ball to M Rule : driven sweetly but well-fielded at short cover
6th ball to M Rule : beaten by a gem angling in from outside offstump

Another Vaughan maiden!

1st ball to M Rule : defended off the back foot - no run
2nd ball to M Rule : flicked to midwicket for a brisk run
3rd ball to M Yardy : full toss defended!
4th ball to M Yardy : full toss guided past the slips to the vacant 3rd man - FOUR!
5th ball to M Yardy : defended off the front foot - no run
6th ball to M Yardy : yorker pushed back to the bowler with good timing

Score: 54/7 (20 overs)
Jakes back into the attack after bowling that one over earlier. My spell is complete and I'm very happy with it - 9-2-18-3. That should get me on my way to a regular spot.

M Rule c Mullin b Oram 6 (29)
Score: 59/8 (22.2 overs)
Child's play at this point. Two to go...

Yardy dropped behind off Vaughan! Simple chance really off the arm ball. Kenway really needs to be sharped than that.

M Yardy lbw b Oram 22 (63)
Score: 66/9 (26.6)

Score: 77/9 (32 overs)
Paul (Hutchinson) back. Looking for his 5th...

P Havell b Hutchinson 16 (29)
Yorked comprehensively! Tried to be a bit too agressive there and paid the price in the end.

Warwickshire 81 all out (32.2 overs)
M Yardy 22 (63), P havell 16 (29), A Roach 15 (15)
P Hutchinson 7.2-1-25-5, G Eldershaw 9-2-18-3, J Oram 7-0-22-2, M Vaughan 9-2-12-0

This shouldn't be too hard. Doubt the boys will break a sweat with this one...

J Oram b Yardy 17 (25)
Between bat and pad there. Lovely bit of bowling admittedly.
Score: 26/1 (9.5 overs)

N Mullin c Maxwell b Rashid 30 (49)
Tried to slog sweep the wrong delivery. He didn't get ahold of that at all and it was well taken by the man at midon running around to midwicket.
Score: 63/2 (15.2 overs)

Sam Adamson drives beautifully through the covers for a boundary and that's a wrap. Total dominance again. Very fun game overall.

Yorkshire 82/2 (22.4 overs)
Noel Mullin 30 (49), Sam Adamson 21* (43)

Yorkshire beat Sussex by 8 wickets.

Standings
Chapionship: 3rd (9 points behind Durham)
NCL: 1st (8 points ahead of Leics, 1 more game played, 6.63 ahead of Leics on NRR)
Trophy: Bah! Humbug!
Super Cup: Champions!