• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

good&bad youth players!

Anomaly

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
ive had around 8 youth players with a bowling average of about 11 now! All in the space of about 3 years! quite amazing! Then i got a batsman with 2nd team average of 93. After 2 seasons he only averages around 33. What a failure! I played him in the 2nd team for a few games and he scored, 150*, 254*, and 145. It sucks! :blink:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I generally sign all youth players, regardless of second team average. I get at least 2 a season who turn out to be handy.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Just come across a youth player who is as economical as hell (RPO under 2 after 5 FC games so far) and takes wickets for fun. Medium pacer. Second team average 13.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I had a youth bowler with 2nd team average of 6.46, but I had no money to buy him! :cry: My best batsman so far had 2nd team avg. of 110, currently averaging 77 in Tests. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
yea i get a heap of youthies who decide that they`ll suck when it comes to playing big-time :blink:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
i never take youth players that dont have a good 2nd team average.. i doubt they are capable of succeeding big time..

Cloete

International Captain
Sometimes they are.. i once had a 50 2nd team avge guy who increased his average to 80 and averaged about 40-50 odd throughout his career!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Right, right.

I'm Essex (predictably) but despite winning the Championship twice, haven't been offered the England job yet.

Hampshire got this youth guy (name escapes me) who averaged 40 second team, 35 FC after 3 seasons. Gets called up for Test cricket by England, averages 70. :O

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Having said that, I've just been offered the captaincy - after my worst finish for 3 years - 5th. (The previous were 2 firsts, and a second).

First tour to India - packing the team with spinners! :p