• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

raising england team up the charts icc2002

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
HI.

I was wondering on icc2002 if anyone has been able to raise an england team higher up the world ratings than second last in both forms of the game.

If so what team did you use?

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
You must give england time to develop. The fastest I could was about 6 years, but I'm sure some people could do it faster (I was also captaining a county side). After about 10-15 years, england gets really good and it's more fun captaining. :)

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
hallmitchell said:
if so what team did you use?
Bell, Peiterson, Wood are good batsmen I found, and crawley as a keeper/batsmen. Bowlers... I guess Hoggard and Sidebottom in the early years.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
My england team is number 1 in test and number 2 in ODI but im in like 2013 now.. Top players that most people will know off Wood , Peitersen, White , Withe,

Tom Halsey

International Coach
hallmitchell said:
HI.

I was wondering on icc2002 if anyone has been able to raise an england team higher up the world ratings than second last in both forms of the game.

If so what team did you use?
You only have to win the first series against Sri Lanka to do that.

All you do is attack the bowlers, apart from Murali, who you block. He ends up with 5-50 off 50, but you've attacked the other bowlers sufficiently that you get a good score.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
IsuraE said:
Bell, Peiterson, Wood are good batsmen I found, and crawley as a keeper/batsmen. Bowlers... I guess Hoggard and Sidebottom in the early years.
Yup, Crawley's excellent. Corky isn't half bad either (at least in ODIs), but England lack good bowlers generally. Bassano usually ends up getting tons of runs and wickets...