• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Selecting A Captain

pskov

International 12th Man
How do you decide who your captain is? Whoever the computer automatically selects? As India, I took it off Tendulkar and gave it to Ganguly, but Ganguly was awful and has been dropped so I have made Kumble captain.

Does it affect the players in any way? (Added pressure makes them worse/better maybe?)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To me it seems as though certain players do tend to perform worse when they are given the captaincy. Hence I am very careful with who I give it to.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yea giving captaincy to say someone who does really well with the bat sometimes tends to affect the persons batting etc..

i dunno about team peformance etc i doubt it makes a difference there..

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I give it to the wicket-keeper usually.

He doesn't do worse with the bowling, as he doesn't bowl, and he isn't in the team for his batting anyway.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
i normally take a wicket keeper thats good at batting.. always very useful having someone good with the bat to add more depth.. its useless taking someone that avgs like 10 at fc and is a keeper

sheep dog

Cricket Spectator
All captains other 1 that i have slected have been crap. I nearly allways give the Captiancy to a batsmen unless there is a experance bowler. Also I agree with lord_of_darkness keepers that are slected in my side need to be able to sorce a coulpe of 100's or moore in a year. :cool:

Last edited: