• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yorks Career, HELP NEEDED

DJellett

International Debutant
Well I have a career with Yorkshire on ICC2001, just begun 2004 season.
I have an incredible squad, and I was looking for some help with picking a dynamic XI.
I will soon post the pic with squad and stats.

Last edited:

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
Drop the keeper and use a batter as the keeper that lets you play an extra player. Il do a bit more thinking and get back to you.

DJellett

International Debutant
LOL - I know what you mean.
However I want to retain Simon Guy in the squad.
Also - D ****burn has a OD Batting Average of 60.
(When I won him in the Youth draft, I jumped up and yelled
"YES! I'VE GOT **** BURN!" My Grandma was on the floor laughing!)

DJellett

International Debutant
Yes well it was, but I was at her work and a customer walked in...
So, what do you think my First XI and Captain should be?

DJellett

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
It's pronounced Co-burn. :)
How do you know that? Has he told you?
As far as I'm aware, and it might just be me, but my version of ICC has never talked to me to tell me how to pronounce names...Should I have it checked?

Cloete

International Captain
DJellett said:
How do you know that? Has he told you?
As far as I'm aware, and it might just be me, but my version of ICC has never talked to me to tell me how to pronounce names...Should I have it checked?
It's an old English (or even Welsh isn't it) starting word at the front of a name. If you looked it up in an english/welsh phone book you'd see tonnes 's of names with taht at the front.

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
blackcapsrule said:
Drop the keeper and use a batter as the keeper that lets you play an extra player. Il do a bit more thinking and get back to you.
I do use this strategy in one day cricket, but not in tests. I noticed that a non-keeper will allow more byes and drop catches a lot more in first-class/test matches. Also, if using a non-keeper to keep, always use a 'regular slip fielder', ie a player who the cpu usually puts in the slips, since I think they tend to be better catchers.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I do use this strategy in one day cricket, but not in tests. I noticed that a non-keeper will allow more byes and drop catches a lot more in first-class/test matches.
haha, wow mate, you want a medal??