• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My New Cricket 2004 story- Trans Tasman Clash, NZ vs Aus. 3 Tests 5 ODIs

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
Here goes my first story using Cricket 2004 for the PC. I will be posting day by day reports and screenshots. Im getting the PC version soon so please don't expect anything more on this for about a week.

Using

Hard Level
Sams exe patch
Ravis AI Patch V10
National Bank Stumps
3 Logo pitchmats
2GB Bat Pack
roster.pak

Trans Tasman Series
Host: New Zealand
Playing As: New Zealand

New Zealand vs Australia

3 Tests
5 ODIs

Here are the 15 man test squads (ODI Squads will be named after the tests)
* Indicates uncapped

New Zealand
Stephen Fleming ©
Brendon McCullum (Keeper)
Jacob Oram
Daniel Vettori
Scott Styris
Mark Richardson
Shane Bond
Daryl Tuffey
Hamish Marshall
*Ross Taylor
Nathan Astle
Ian Butler
Chris Martin
Craig McMillan
*Peter Fulton

Unavaiable- Chris Cairns, Test Retirement

Australia

Matthew Hayden
Justin Langer
Ricky Ponting ©
Damien Martyn
Darren Lehmann
Glenn McGrath
Brett Lee
Jason Gillespie
Shane Warne
Stuart Macgill
Adam Gilchrist (Keeper)
Simon Katich
*Michael Clarke
Andy Bichel
*Jimmy Maher

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
New Zealand XI (in batting order)

Richardson
McCullum
Fleming
Styris
Astle
Marshall
Oram
Vettori
Butler
Tuffey
Bond

Australia XI (in batting order)

Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
Lehmann
Katich
Gilchrist
Lee
Warne
Gillespie
McGrath

Jim Maxwell speaks his views on the pitch: Good day viewers. It is going to be a bowlers paradice out here today. The green pitch should provide swing and seam for the bowlers and the overcast conditions will trouble the sight of the ball.

Ricky Ponting calls heads, Heads it is. Ponting says we'll have a bat, we are taking a gamble on this but we have the guys to perform and this pitch will get worse and worse as it goes on so we will not have to bat last.

Details of first day play coming soon.

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
First Test
Auckland
Day 1

Australia got off to a steady start until Oram picked the first wicket up at 66 and the second at 73. Ponting and Martyn carried on with the batting display until Martyn was caught at mid wicket by Tuffey. Lehmann and Katich came and went to some quick bowling by Bond. 2 overs before stumps Bond came down the hill and yorked Ponting, it hit him on the toe and the whole NZ team went up, he was given out LBW by Steve Bucknor a difficult decision. Glchrist and Lee were the not out batsmen at stumps.

First Test
Auckland
Day 2

Gilchrist played well right from ball one and I were struggling to stop all the singles he was getting. So I bought Vettori on, on a seamers wicket and he immediately picked up Lee caught at cover by Marshall and Gilchrist 2 balls later LBW with Gilly playing a sweep. I cleaned up the tail pretty quickly with Warne helping with a crazy mix up with McGrath.

We caught up with Shane Bond after Australia were dismissed.

Ian Smith: You bowled quite well today, picking up 4-88. What was it like bowling out there.

Shane Bond: Thanks mate. The ball was seaming and swinging out there so we thought we could bowl them out for around 240. We ended up giving them 50 more runs than we would have liked by trying to bowl to many wicket taking deliveries.

Ian Smith: Are you happy with your bowling in your come back test.

Shane Bond: Yes, I have a few things I would like to work on but my confidence is as high as ever and im hoping we can get a good effort with the bat to put some pressure on the Aussies.

Ian Smith: Thanks for your time and good luck

Shane Bond: Thanks you very much

Can New Zealand post a good total, join us soon live on Sky Sports.

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
I will do. I have finished Day 2, and am into the last session of day 3. Full rightup of both of these days coming tomorrow.

PS: It ain't looking too good for us (the kiwis) to save the test, wish me luck.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Nice read.
Rolling the Aussies for under 300 was a good effort. Hopefully there will still be something left in the pitch for our bowlers:D

Looking forward to the rest of the match.

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
1st Test days 2-5

We got off to a bad start with Fleming and Astle sorting it out in the middle before another late order collapse. We were left about 120 behind.

New Zealand first innings batting card.

Australia bowling card of New Zealand 1st innings.

I needed to keep Australia within my grasp if I had any chance of saving the test but it wasn't to be. They got off to a flyer. Before they declared at 341-5. Bond was the best of the bowlers with 2 wickets.

Australia 2nd innings batting card

New Zealand bowling card of Australias 2nd innings.

They had attacking fields to start off with as I were chasing down 450. I had a few boundaries before McCullum fell and then Richardson. Fleming paayed well for his 63 before getting out to McGrath. I bought in a couple of night watchmen but they both got out before stumps. Astle cranked up 38 before being the last to fall of the New Zealanders.

New Zealand 2nd innings batting card

Australia bowling card of New Zealand 2nd innings

Some screenshots of our 2nd innings.

Expect to see some changes for the second test in Christchurch.
For the next two tests I will be trying to write a good story so I will only be posting screenshots of batting and bowling cards and milestones. But I will be posting lots of screenshots for the ODIs

Man Of The Series Points

McGrath…..5 Points
Martyn…….2 Points
Fleming……1 Point

Next up…2nd Test in Wellington

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
Second Test, Wellington​
Welcome viewers to Wellington for the Second Cricket Test between Australia and New Zealand. Australia are coming into this match 1-0 up in the 3 match National Bank series.

Venue: Wellington
Pitch: Normal
Weather: Sunny

Gavin Larsen is out in the middle for the toss with both captains.

Larsen: Ricky do you have any changes in your squad.
Ponting: Yes, Stuart MacGill comes in for Brett Lee.
Larsen: The reason for that.
Ponting: Lees got a sore hamstring and we are giving him a rest.

Larsen: How are you feeling after the first test loss
Flem: It's always gutwrenching when you lose a test, but today is a new day and we are all ready to put up a fight and square the series.
Larsen: Any changes in the squad
Flem: Yes. Ross Taylor makes his debut in the opening spot in place of Ian Butler

Ponting calls heads and heads it is.

Larsen: You've won the toss and it is pretty ovious what you are going to chosse to do
Ponting: Yes Gavin, we'll have a bat, Hayden, Langer and co are looking forward to batting and posting a good score.

Test review coming in the weekend………..

Teams

NZ

Richardson
Taylor
Fleming
Styris
Astle
Marshall
McCullum
Oram
Vettori
Tuffey
Bond

AUS

Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
Lehmann
Katich
Gilchrist
Warne
MacGill
Gillespie
McGrath

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
I have a problem guys. I played the test up until NZ needed 16 to win with 4 wickets and a day in hand. I wen't to dinner came back saved and played another game against India and accidentaly saved over the test match. What should I do? Do you guys wan't to wait the weekend so I can replay the whole test again or shall I try and remember the scorecards and what happened?

PS: I hadn't taken any screens yet.

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
Ok, Im going to start the second test again, see above for reason. Stay tuned for the second test, live right here on Sky Sports 1!

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
After losing the toss I knew I had some hard work to do to keep the Aussies under a managable score. I didn't get any early breakthroughs but once I got the first the wickets began to tumble. Vettori, Styris and Tuffey all took 2 wickets each Oram took one and Bond was wicketless. Australias innings ended on 207 at 4:13 on the first day.

Smith: Stephen you must be thrilled bowling Australia out for 207.

Flem: Yes, we are stoked and looking to go out and build up a big lead to win this test.

Smith: The boys must be happy sharing the wickets around.

Flem: Yes. We were a bit worried when they were 92-0 but to then take the other 9 wickets for just over 100 was excellent.

Smith: Ross Taylor the debutman, where is he batting today.

Flem: He is going to open with Mark and he can't wait to get onto the Aussies.

Smith: Good Luck.

Flem: Thanks mate.

So how will NZ do in the last 2 hours of the day, stay tuned right here on Sky Sports 1........

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
Score Update- Stumps Day 1

Australia 207 all out
New Zealand 121-0

Taylor 74*
Richardson 38*
Extras 10

Ross Taylor and Mark Richardson came out to bat. Taylor was a bit nervous as it was his first test match. They both settled their nerves with some quick running and a few boundaries. Taylor hit a single to bring up 50 on debut. At stumps New Zealand were 121-0, an excellent day at the office.

Ross Taylor 50

Mark Richardson Plays

Ross Taylor Plays

Stumps

Stumps

Stay tuned for a full review of day 2. Right here on Sky Sports 1

Tuning out from Wellington, Ian Smith.........