• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Challenge

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Unforunatley the career with zimbabwe has been canceled as only 9 player have no international experience. Will continue with India instead.

Anomaly

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
india is the best team to use, ive just won the world cup beating australia in the final by 41runs

Anomaly

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i tried it with,
england, australia,pakistan, sri lanka and india.. i found england to be the hardest, pakistan were good though, and i think i played about 8 all rounders with the sri lanka team :blink:
a very good and tough scenario to complete, it kept me busy for a while thats for sure! :D

Cloete

International Captain
The newly formed England team headed off to teh World Cup without a single international game between them. In what was a shock decision the ECB announced that because of England's lack of international victories teh ywere to sack every player who ahd ever played for England and were going to start a clean slate.

England's first game was against Zimbabwe, a loss here could be extremely embarrasing for teh ECB and the coach's position might be under pressure.
The England team v ZImbabwe:

P Bowler *
A Swann
K Pieterson
I Bell
M Wagh
D Kenway +
I Blackwell
B Phillips
K Dean 1
M Saggers 2
J Brown

After getting off to a slow start, England managed to produce a decent total. Thnaks to a good opening stand of 70 between Swann and Bowler England were able to acclerate after about 30 overs, however too many wickets were lost too often from then onwards. The stars of the innings were Bowler (75), Bell (37) and Pieterson (31). England managed 216 All Out from 49.2 overs! A difficult toal to defend, but Englan'ds strength leis within its bowling.

ZImbabwe started quite slowly but didn't lsoe an early wicket thanks to soem tight bowling from Dean and Saggers. Brown came on and dismissed Carlisle and then Phillips dismissed A Flower for 2. After some consolidating by Zimbabwe Blackwell puleld England back into it taking 3/49 from his 10. Including dismissing the man of the match Grant Flower for 83. However Streak's 39 form 29 balls was enough to see ZImbabwe home by 3 wickets wiyth 10 balls to spare!

Bassano came into teh side to replace Wagh in what was an otherwise unchanged line-up for the match against teh Netherlands. Bowler lsot teh toss and the Netherlands opted to bat first.

The Netherlands recovered well after a shaky start to produce 7/195 with van oosterm hitting 53 and Abbas 38*. Blackwell was again teh star with the ball this time taking 3/40, while Phillips managed anotehr 2-for.

England easily made teh rusn with the loss of just 4 wickets. Bowler again the star batsman managing 48 this time. Pieterson, Bell, Bassano and Kenway all made 30's with Kenway and Bassano not out. Ian Blackwell was deserved man of the match for his bowling effort on a pitch that offered nothign to bowlers, lesat of all spinners.

England's next game was against another minor, this time Namibia. Bowler won the toss this time and didn't hestitate to bat despite teh cloudy conditions.

Despite Bowler managing another 50 (55 from 63) it was Pieterson and Bell who were the stand-outs this time. They combiend for a 132 run partnership with Pieterson smashing 76* from 80 balls and Bell 77 from 90. England ended up with 3/256 from their 50 overs.

Namibia made a respectable effort in getting to 212 thanks to the hard fought 72 from Keulder. However tyehy fell 44 runs short, Jason Brown the man of the match this time with figures of 4/30, blackwell managed an expensive 2/65 while Kevind dean took his first ODI wicket in figures of 2/39.

ENgland moved into second after that victory behind India. However the next game against Pakistan would be the biggest test yet.

England fielded an unchganed line-up while Bowler lost teh toss and Pakistan opted to bat.

More to come later...

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I tried again with South Africa. They seem to have quite a lot of players who haven't had international experience but have impressive averages. This was my XI:

G.Elliott
W.Wingfield
P.Koortzen
* D.Watson
J.Bryant
Z.de Bruyn
+ I.Mitchell
G.Bodi
G.Roe
G.Gilder
G.Kruger

Game 1 vs WI: Lost by 7 wickets - all out for 181, not a promising start.
Game 2 vs Kenya: Won by 4 wickets - chased 248, G.Elliott 138.
Game 3 vs NZ: Lost by 31 runs - couldn't quite get the 253.
Game 4 vs Bangladesh: Won by 7 wickets - comfortably chased 252.
Game 5 vs Canada: Won by 86 runs - but only scored 228/8.

So, it came down to Game 6 vs Sri Lanka...winner goes through to the Super Six...
Game 6 vs SL:
SA 163 all out
SL 164/3

Out goes SA...

2 players I recommend for anyone playing international mode with SA in future: opener G.Elliott - Scored 329 runs in the 6 games at 54.83, and spinner G.Bodi, 10 wickets at 23.50.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
i cant seem to drop the players... when i select world cup it just... starts!!

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
Astonishing Victory

Pakistan were next up and they won the toss and put England into bat on a difficult wicket.

England tried to attack but soon found the going difficult losing two very early wickets. At 9 for 2 it was looking bad!!

Things picked up a bit until Montgomerie went for 29 with the score 61 -3.

Apart from Peterson, no one got going and the wickets tumbled. 79 - 4
111-5, 125-6, 128-7, 131-8 until England's run rate ground to a halt. A ninth wicket stand of 30 brought the total to 161-9 in the alloted overs.

A very low total but a focused England bowling was needed if they were going to get anything from the game.

Pakistan started of better and lost their first wicket with 20 and then their second at 72. But Harris bowling a superb over and taking Anwar, Youhana and Mujtaba in one over reduced Pakistan to 78-4. Ul Haq and Nawaz then started a great partnership lasting 50 runs until Harris took Nawaz middle stump out for his 4 wicket of the match.

By this time Johnson had joined the attack and he picked up Ul Haq without any further runs being added and then took Hussain and Mahmood quickly bringing Pakistan in sight at 151 - 8 and England hopeful that two tail end wickets were possible.

An unlikely bowler in the form of Daley - A mastermind plan from the manager - saw Pakistan lose their last two wicket 7 runs from victory.

A wonderful win and the next stage is becoming a possibility!!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
what a win there... go harris!! ive got icc 01 and still cant seem to drop the players when it starts?

CrimeMasterGogo

School Boy/Girl Captain
my team...

1Syed Abas Ali
2Daniel Manohar
3P. Dharmani
4R. Gavaskar
5J. Yadav
6S. Oasis
7D. Bundela
8R. Powar
9. J. Paranjpe
10. W. Balaji Rao
11. G. Dutta

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Dharmini has played one ODI, my squad for the WC is...

A Chopra
D Bundela
G Gambhir
L Reddy
A Deshpande
H Kantikar
G Dutta
A Kale
S Abbas ali
R Ali
R Powar
N Singh