• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

icc 2001 problems

SABAH-242*

Cricket Spectator
hey guys:

i know that u icc gurus will be able to help me on this one (i hope- :huh: :wacko: )

I had deleted icc 2001 anb sum forgotten reason, now i want to insall it again, but whenever i go to setup...i come up with this msg after a while:

Confirm file deletion:

Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its components?

I become a bit baffled as i presumed this was already tha case, nehow, i agree to do it, then after a while a second msg pops up quoting:

InstallShield Wizard has finished performing maintenance operations on 2001!

but then it juss closes and i dont get the game installed or get to play, and the next tym i go to setup, tha same thing cums up and agen every tym afta that, which is now becuming annoying??

I am tipping that tha problem could be that there is a file or more, hidden from icc that is still on my computer?

I'm hoping one of you out there will be ableto solve my dilemma?

Thanks lads, keep up the good work on icc

:D

Last edited:

PommieMacGill

State Regular
hmm, i'm not sure but if you've removed ICC from your computer like you said you did the next time you try and install there should be three options, Install, Modify and Remove. Choose Install and follow the instructions, at least thars how i think it works. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Cheers,

Lee

SABAH-242*

Cricket Spectator
Yeh Pom that would probably help me, but the problem is that when i insert the cd, the run file doesnt come up, even whn u click on run, it doesnt start up, you can only get the setup screen to come up, and then the problem i mentioned before appears. What i fear is that some file concerning run.exe for the game is somewhere hidden on the computer, because when i take it to a frends computa, the menu screen comes up as per normal, but on mine, i enter it, but nothing. When i go to explore the E drive i can listen to all the sounds and comentries, everything like that, juss cant run the game. I'm getting very upset here as im not able to play this great game, please neone with help??

Some have suggested system registry programs which do a check, if so, what programs could use suggest??

otherwise i might have to format my whoe hard drive :wacko: :@

Thanks guys

SABAH-242*

Cricket Spectator
theres also tha fact that whenever i go to add/remove programs, click on icc2001 ashes editiong, click remove, the same thing happens as setup n it remains in that menu, and happens every tym i do that???

baffling :ph34r: