• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

C2004 recommended downloads / patches???

anzac

International Debutant
not sure if this posted last time 'round so I'll try again.........

I'm hoping to get a copy of C2004 shortly & I'm aware that there are some bugs etc.............

can anyone help recommending the better patches to fix these (if any).....

also any help re downloads for improved AI, gameplay, player & game / pitch / weather editors etc.............

:)

Langeveldt

Soutie
This game could be awesome, but there are some glaring issues with it which means my copy is now up for sale :!( I payed an absolute shedload in getting it from New Zealand... And am bitterly disappointed that EA could put their good name to something that has blatently not been tested at all...

I recommend going to www.planetcricket.net and downloading...

1/ The lineup editor (fixes lineup bug and is a nice utility)

2/ SavTweak 2.0 (means you can change your controller around and play as both teams...

Unfortunatly two of the worst bugs, the AI's inability to play decent spin bowling (Boje and Vettori both pick up 8 for nothing on hard) and the AI run out bug which means most players run themselves out stupidly all the time have not been ironed out... And im not sure if they will be...

Such a pity, because apart from those two bugs it is an impressive game....

anzac

International Debutant
there are at least 3 sites for C2004 that I know of & I believe there are some recent patches that address the AI issues that Langeveldt has experienced...........

Langeveldt

Soutie
anzac said:
there are at least 3 sites for C2004 that I know of & I believe there are some recent patches that address the AI issues that Langeveldt has experienced...........

Will there ever be a bug to fix the insane computer run outs????

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Langeveldt said:
Will there ever be a bug to fix the insane computer run outs????

If we can crack the fields we may be able to. They're pretty much the same as for cricket2002 but changing the positions in the .gob through hex editing doesn't seem to have any effect ingame.

Langeveldt

Soutie
barmyarmy said:
If we can crack the fields we may be able to. They're pretty much the same as for cricket2002 but changing the positions in the .gob through hex editing doesn't seem to have any effect ingame.

Yeah thought so... that for me is the worst bug by a long long way...

zimrahil

Cricket Spectator
Langeveldt said:
Unfortunatly two of the worst bugs, the AI's inability to play decent spin bowling (Boje and Vettori both pick up 8 for nothing on hard) .

The cpu playing spin bowling is easily fixed using the stroke editor (from www.planetcricket.net). The bat pad (spin) stroke file needs adjusting to prevent each shot popping up miles in the air as is the case with the default settings

The run out bug...well sam reckons he can disable it (cpu run outs) altogether though the exe he has currently released doesn't seem to work

Langeveldt

Soutie
Tried both..

former being a success, although id like some recommended values from people more in the know... Latter I had problems with.. Doesnt seem to work...

Wazim

School Boy/Girl Captain
u should get line up editor version four and the kit update

it is al at www.cricket2004.co.uk(not sure if i am allowed to post the link but just helping fellow gamers )

anzac

International Debutant
has anyone else experienced any probs with the rain?????

when I get it it just goes on and on forever & I end up exiting out of the game - if I go back in again at the same save point I usually end up having the same problem!!!!

I have the Save Tweak Editor so I can change the weather values, but I'd prefer to be able to have some rain & still continue play afterwards..

any solutions?????