• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Essex sign bugs malone

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
not tooo far away. for those who know my pcdid die so i am just re setting up everything. wont be too long know, if worse comes tow orse i will start a new player story.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
ok guys, just looking for the saved game file on my many a thousand of cd's and once i find it we will be away again.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
super cup match

v surrey

was always going to be a tough game, and the team is as follows

j stephenson
a grayson
a flower
a habib
n hussain (skipper)
r irani
j green
j foster (keeper)
j middlebrook
a cowan
m llott

coach bugs malone spoke to me yesterday about trying to not worry too much just to go oit and do what we know i can do.

my thoughts, j green

i as nervous but was determined to start showing the people who have so much faith in me to make it count. i had been selected again to play surrey and was just honoured, its all a bit too weird at the moment playing along guys that 5 weeks ago i wanted autographs from.
lets hope i can do my side and coach proud by producing some uns.

game highlights

essexwon the tossand batted on what looked like a great deck.stephenson went early for 10 (16) and we where 1 - 14 of 4 overs. a flower was next up.we build up a good partnership and where 1 - 49 after 10 overs. grayson was next to go after he started to open up the shoulders and he fell for 40 (51) whilst taking the score to 2 - 87 ofthe 19th over. habib didnt last long and it was the skipper out in the middle. i was getting nervous know, after 25 overs we where 3 - 114 and really needed to get a move on, hence if i go out i will need to pcik up the pace and play some risky shots that might leed to my down fall, but every one was saying dont worry about selection, just play your natural game. flowe fell for 46 (64) and irani was in, we where 4 - 119 of 26 overs. irani and hussain, probably one of the 2 more experienced players where batting like champs, god it was good to watch, we hit 4 - 219 after 40 overs with hussain going at better than a run a ball 65(55) and irani also 50(52), they where really setting up a big final 10 overs. i was quite happy to sit there and watch, hussain fell in the 42nd over for 69(61) and i was in, 8 overs left, irani on fire, i just wanted to nudge it round and let him do all the destroying. as i walked out the home crowd cheered me on but i felt like a lonely figure, irani met me out in the middleand had a few words, told me not to let surrey get the better of me being young and relatively new, and they where in my ear, it was all about pressure and stepping up to the plate. we pushed em around and i supported irani best i could but i fell to a catch in the outfield in the final over, i went for 18(28) and the score was 6 - 256. had i done enough for my side, walking of i knew i was in a tough situation, but it was exciting, then i looked to the gate before i walked of and seen my long time girlfriend sitting with my parents, they made the trip out to watch, it made me feel a lot better. in the dressing rooms i congradulated theskipper and he said i did good considering the late part of the innings, coach bugs said the same so i was happy, just wanted the ball to take a magical 5 for or something. we finished up being 6 - 265 with irani and hussain the stars. irani finished un beaten on 71 (78). we gave thm a total that we could easily defend.

i had a nice lunch in the break and met the new puma rep who was considering asking me for a sponsorship, wow is this really happening.

we had a team chat and where really fired up for the 50 in the fireld knowing that surrey could defenately chase this total and do it easily so we knew we had a fight on our hands.

in the field

llott opened up with irani and surrey got off to a flyerand where 37 without loss after 5 overs until irani bolwed stewart for 14, surrey 1 - 37. needing 229 at 5.1 per over. irani 2 overs later picked up the price wicket of ramprakash for 6 (8) caugh by flower, surrey 2 - 45, the 2 they had at the crease though where of qaulity players, g thorpe and m butcher. 2 overs later irani then looked at me and said, buddy this is for you, butcher caught behind for 25 (21) surrey 3 - 50 and irani was on fire.llott was bought off he struggled with his length and had 0 - 37 of 6, butcher took to him early. middlebrook was bought on by hussain and as he was about to start he looked at me and gave me the warm up sign. wow i was fired up.i was tossed the ball in the 13th over and we chatted about fielding placements. once that was dne i steemed in, first 2 balls went well, then i hit thorpe with an off cutter that took middle stump, wooohoooo i ran passed him in a very happy mood, he looked at me and nodded his head, good ball kid, i was too happy i was high fiving every one. surrey 4 - 58. hollioke was the next batsmen in, even thought they where 4 down we still knew they had depth.
middle brook and i bowled in tandom for a while and i then seen one of the best catches ever by flower, in close diving one handed he got it in his finger tips, i had only seen 1 catch similar and that was when i was home watching tv and warne got his hatrick against england with d boon taking the catch. anyway surrey 5 - 80 and we where playing well.i was bought off after 5 overs with 1 - 31. bowled ok, hollioke ook to me a little and i got a little frustratedwith a catch being put down, but you learn from that. cowan replaced me whilst middlebrook was still going. surrey had reached 5 - 118 after 23 overs sill needing a further 148 at 5.5 runs per over but we hadnt won yet.middlebrook picked up hollioke for 54 (50) and surrey had reached 6 - 159, middle brook took some slack with 2 - 50 with 4 balls remaining and cowan wasnt bowling well, skipper asked me if i was readt to come back on with irani . i said give me that pill skipper. irani and myself come back on and i took a little bit more punishment so i spoke to llott and we changed my length a little and next ball i got bicknell for 16 (22) surrey where know 7 - 187 and they needed over 6 runs an over. we had not won but it was ours for the taking. irani finished up his overs with 3 - 43 of 10. cowan was bought back on and then i picked up mushtaq for 30 of 16 balls, i finished with 3 - 56 of 10 overs, surrey only needed 40 of 8 overs and we needed 2 wickets, what a finish.llott then picked up ormond for 14(21) 9 - 245 21 runs needed of 5 overs, 1 wicket in hand. what a finish. very next ball llott finished it up with an lbw, surrey all out 245. essex win by 21 runs. man of the match r irani for his great batting and magical 1st spell. we got the 2 points which puts us in 2nd spot in group b.

it was a good win for the boys, with a bit of pressure put on us. but we will or i know i will learn from hat.

after i showered i went and seen the better half with the family, and had a great dinner at a nice restuarant, to top off a great day. but can not have a late night we have recovery sesion early morning.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
boys looking for this file to get it up and going again, if not i will start a new game tomorrow....i have been slack and will get right into it....stay tuned

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Essex v Hampshire (supercup match)

i had to arrive at the ground 1 hour before the boys as i got good news from my manager that i had picked up a sponsorship deal with puma and they needed to distribute my gear and gt a few photo shots early. nhow exciting is this, 5 weeks ago i was admiring the boys and know i am playing and getting sponsored.

after our solid win against surrey we needed to back it up again against hampshire to really make sure we where the team to watch.

the team was announced by bugs with a couple of changes

J Stephenson
A Grayson
J Green
A Habib
N Hussain (skipper)
R Irani
J Dakin
J Foster (keeper)
J Middlebrook
A Cowan
M Llott

it was a solid side with a few of the boys hitting good form, i had been put up to number 3 and it was my chance to really dominate and cement my spot in the side and pay back the faith coach bugs has in me.

we lost the toss and hampshire sent us in. stephenson was the first to go for 13(24) and we where 1 - 32 @ 5.3 overs. i was up, all my new gear media watching , the pressure was on and i eally needed to perform. after 13 overs we had taken the score to 1 - 69 of 13 oevrs at 5.3 an over. a grayson 28(38) and green 25(19) with 3 fours and 1 six. i was really timing and seeing the ball well.graysn went in the 21st over and we where falling behind a little 2 - 88 of 21 grayson gone for 36(70) and in come habib.we really needed to get the scoring going a little faster. they always say u can double your 30 over score with wickets in hand and at the 30 over mark we where 2 - 123, habib was 17 (15) but i had slowed down somewhat with getting nervous towards my 50 and some very good bowling. i was 48 (74) and once i got the 50 i think i was going to let loose. however i didnt get the chance, i got a grat ball from morris and was bowled for 48. we where 3 - 124 and hussain come in. it was the longest walk of the ground for me, 2 runs away from 50 but i batted pretty well, no chances and everyone said well don, i thought i could have been a little quicker but bugs said that i had set the platform for the rest of the boys so, i jumped in the shower and relaxed as the game went on. oh and i luv my puma gear!!!!!habib went for 18 and we had slumped for 4 - 126. we really needed a partnership, irani the inform man was out there.w elimped and stumbled to 4 - 217 of 50 overswith hussain 39*(54) and irani with another good innings of 53*(61). i really looked up to those 2 guys and they have taught me alot in the last 4 weeks. 217 was our total and if we bolwed well enough we could defend that easily.

hampshire innings

llott and irani opened up and bowled a really good opening spell and llott was rewarded with the 1st wicket of johnson for 20 lbw hamps 1 - 29 after 10 overs. cowan was bought on after 14 overs.hamps needing a further 173 @ 4.8 per over. cowan picked up crawly last ball of his first over lbw, hamps 2 - 47 after 15 overs.middlebrook as bought on and then cowan got his 2nd victim, laney gone for 20(51) hamps 3 - 56 of 16 overs. cowan was bowling well. in the 24th over hussain come over and had a chat to me and tossed me the ball, i was the 5th bolwer used today. hamps 3 - 90 at 24 overs, and i was in the thick of things. well my first ball went to the boundry and i though oh my, then i bowled well and had 4 dots, and a single, 5 of the first over. i was really hoping to bowl well. some good fielding in my 4th over seen pothas run out and hamps 4 - 127 after 32 overs.he was the key wicket with 42(43). middlebrook then picked up smith next over for 35(60) with a brilliant caught and bowled. hamps 5 - 141. middlebrook finished his spell with 10 overs no maidens 1 - 44. cowan replaced him and i was given a spell, i had 0 - 31 of 6 overs. irani replaced me. irani picked up kendall 2nd ball back and hamps where 6 - 159 the batsmen out was kendall 23(13). irani then got another 7 - 182 needing 36 of 10 overs not impossible, 3.6 run per over, what a finish we where in for. not one person had left the ground and it was chockers. irani on fire next ball udal gone first bal lbw hamps know 8 - 182. irani was on a hatrick, the skipper bought the firled in, crowd was cheering.4 runs, field back out. irani spell had finished and was 3 overs 1 maiden 3 - 45 well bowled, llott come on to replace irani.cowan picked up tremlett for 6 hamps 9 - 191 still needing a further 27.cowan finsihed it off that over bowling morris for 20 hamps all out 194 essex win by 23 runs and it was a great performance by the boys, i grabbed a stump and grabbed one for irani, who said cheers mate and we went of to the sheds for a beer and showers and post media interviews. cowan received man of the match with his 4 - 49 but i though irani was well deserved of the mom with 53 and 3 wickets. anyway a great win and foxsports interviewed hussain after the match.

fox interview

well nasser , a close win but a good on emate.

nasser yes it was a close game, we knew 230 would be a good total so we thought we could defend 217 if we bowled the right lines and channels. and we did that with some great fielding.

fox the top order started ok with starts but no one went on with it. does that alarm u at ll.

nasser no not really mate we know what the top order is capable of andif any one of the top 6 get going then its great to watch. if they all chip in its a good effort as its a team thing.

fox irani really stepping up as a leader this season.

nasser yer mate we had a few words this year and with young blokes coming in his experience in international one day games and the time he has been around, the young blokes can learn alot from the senior players, with irani being one of them and it is showing that he is enjoying it with his performances on the pitch.

fox one last question mate, young j green, how is he going.

nasser mate he hasadapted really well form 2nd's to first xi. he is starting to eally prove himself and i think we have an unbelievable talent here this year. batted well today and got nervour near 50 but thats just inexperience, give him a fewmore games and i think we will see some great things from this young bloke. his head is on right, he trains hard, is a good team bonder and things look bright for the young kid. all the lads love him, na its really good.

fox thanks nasser, well done on the win and go enjoy with theboys.

nasser thanks mate

fox just quickly boys i have grabbed young green to quickly get a few words.

john, mate how you going and a good win today.

greening yer mate things are great, good win by the boys. great effort.

fox not quite 50 but looked the goods today

greening yer mate dissapointed about that but aslong as we take the points i am happy, irani batted and nowled well with cowan and hussain supported with the bat which got us up to 217 which was enough if we bowled well so happy for the boys that we grabbed the 2 points andyer its all good.

fox just quickly mate i will let ya get back to it, puma sponsor, happy with that.

greening yer mate stocked, very happy and just want to repay back puma with doing the best i can to help them with there product but just all is good, on a high so just loving cricket and life.

fox ok mate get going and thats it down here at essex and back to you in the commentry position.