• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you mean you can't pull in Cricket 2004? Sure you can.

smartbo

Cricket Spectator
I've noticed a few people saying you can't pull the ball, but I'm sure you can - 'cause I have - so I want to set the record straight. For me, at least, I press right (towards square leg, in other words) and the backfoot button (triangle on ps2) WHILE HOLDING POWER BOOST (L1 on ps2) and the batsman pulls the ball. Try it. Tell me if I'm wrong, or right.
If it doesn't work, try exactly the same - ie. hold power boost - with up + right and backfoot.
Oh, and about this swing thing. If you want to see the ball SWING, not just deviate off the seam, use a right/left arm medium bowler. Press the appropriate swing direction (square or circle on ps2) and move the white dot to the extreme to the same side.It will swing a lot. I know this rules out a lot of cool bowlers - what great players bowled right arm medium? - but it does swing. I know this because I'm a New Zealander, and our team is riddled with this sort of dibbly-dobbly bowler. Use Jacob Oram or Nathan Astle and confound the batsman.
I'm not too good at bowling in Cricket 2004, but just by using dibbly-dobblies with New Zealand and bowling only in/outswingers, I lowered the average score against me in a 10 over match from 85+ to under 50 on medium. It's great for bowling the batsmen. However , seaming with a fast bowler produces more edges.
Lastly, has anyone else noticed that spinners are awesome in tests? I managed to get zimbabwe all out for 1 run (yes, a single run) with vettori and wiseman. It was on medium, though. How is hard? I think I'll try it soon.
Thanks for hearing me out (especially if I've said anything stupid).