• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC2002 Editing Developments

DaveyHall777

School Boy/Girl Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Future salary - when you try to sign the bloke again? Alternatively, could be top and bottom possible salaries, depending on performance...

I'll test this out tomorrow or the day after - I'm getting the full game then! (YAY!)
The top and bottom looks promising as the first column is never lower than the current salary and so could be the TOP possible future salary the second is never higher than the current salary and so could be the BOTTOM possible future salary.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Magpie Learns to Fly...

...not far from the nest yet, mind. All it can edit is the long names of the 42 English Domestic Sides.

Instructions for totally unsupported and could break at any moment version

1/ Download all this:
http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/convdb.exe
http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/msvcr71d.dll
http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/msvcp71d.dll
http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/magpie.exe

2/ Put it all in your ICC directory (if things don't work, try copying the DLLs to Windows\System\)

3/ Find the MS DOS Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd on Win XP)

4/ Change to your ICC directory (eg. cd\program files\empire interactive\international cricket captain 2002\)

5/ Type convdb -d datap.db datap.db1
5a/ If you already have a decrypted datap, make sure it's called datap.db1 - consistency's sake.

6/ Run Magpie, Set Location, Edit & Save

7/ Back to DOS, type convdb -e datap.db1 datap.db

8/ Run ICC

9/ Come back on here and tell me where it didn't work :saint:

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah well done Neil, works very well.

However im really keen on the 'Player Editing' features to be released.....

Also maybe editing International Team Names.....

Keep up the good work guys,

Masterblaster

Langeveldt

Soutie
Are you guys the only ones involved in all of this??

Any consultation with empire/cricketgames.com yet? or is none needed? :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Gio and OctoberTiger were "picked up" on CG.com

Nothing from Empire - we haven't asked, and we don't need to.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I may have worked out how to change fixtures it's got to do with the CrickMan.dll file.

I have not tested anything yet.

I used a little program called Resource Hacker but you could just use word pad it's just a little less messy this way.

I think fixtures also have somthing to do with the .fxt files there are sevral of them like sc1.fxt and sc2.fxt etc.. I think they corrispond to secnarios 1 & 2 respectivly and so on but I cant make anything of there contents.

Last edited:

tayyab

Cricket Spectator
wonderful
it seems to be the file . Only a little more effort and it will be done .
Only that when i try to change it it gets corrupted .But it will be sorted out
Great work

tayyab

Cricket Spectator
Mind bobbling on cricman.dll reveals that it has the whole structure of all fixtures first class and international but changing its values seems to have o effect o the game . Probably other part of the puzzle is i the .fxt .

tayyab

Cricket Spectator
has the offset for batting positon revealed if so plz post here also
i am a bit confused about the offset about the battig bowling and allrounder that is 7 it has values of 0 1 8 and 9 for 1st digit
As i can make it 0 and 8 for batsman . 8 for good and 0 for bad
and 1 and 9 for all rounders and bowlers 1 for poor and 9 for good . If otherwise plz tell me so

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
Editing fixtures would be a great addition to the editor.
For example, it seems England are the only team to ever play 5 test series in Australia, and the international schedule is unrealistic . Some teams only play on average around 6 tests a year, and maybe 10 odi's.

octobertiger

Cricket Spectator
Hewo everyone. Long time no grrrrrrr!

Tayyab - if you go back to around page 7 and start looking from there, you will find a lot of info concerning batting and allrounders. Get a pen and paper and mess around for a bit, you'll get the hang of it. It took me a little while once I got switched on. If you're still stuck then I'll post some examples. Or if I don't then someone else will.

Batting position is automatic. Trust me. The comp will bat Thorpe at 10 if there are 9 other superior players. It will even place a bowler above a batsmen if his skill is vastly superior. So...if you want to bat so-and-so at 4, give him a higher stat or others lower ones. A pain, I know.

The editor is looking fab. "Magpie Says" - a bit mad (and a bit disturbing too! :O ) At least its not a crow. Hate crows. I thought Exeter's nickname was the magpies. Or was that the meatpies. I cannae remember.

Am limited in time at the moment, which is a pain.

Those "unknown offsets" are still mysterious. I'm pretty sure that they have little to do with salary. I think that rises in salary are linked to rises in ability. And I can prove this if i do an "experiment". However, loyalty to a club could be one of the stats. Hopefully I will be able to check this soon.

Any other areas I could (try to) look at?

grr grrr grrrrr. :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
octobertiger said:
The editor is looking fab. "Magpie Says" - a bit mad (and a bit disturbing too! :O ) At least its not a crow. Hate crows. I thought Exeter's nickname was the magpies. Or was that the meatpies. I cannae remember.

Any other areas I could (try to) look at?

grr grrr grrrrr. :D
Newcastle Utd are the magpies. Wrong St James' Park! We're the Grecians :)

I'm gonna stick to "inspired" rather than disturbing for now :)

I think all is pretty much cracked except those damn "missing offsets" - it's either get stuck into them or try working out (scenario) fixtures so we can create our own scenarios - which would really rock.