• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Online Cricket Games

battrick

Cricket Spectator
ballbomb said:
Does any1 know of any online cricket management games run like www.hattrick.org? I've heard of 1 called Battrick but cant find the link...
Hi,

Dunno if you're still reading this forum, but I can maybe help you with this! I was pleasantly surprised to any links to Battrick after doing a Google search, let alone one from an Australian!! My, does rumour travel relatively fast!

I have been developing Battrick now over 2 years and it is currently undergoing some live beta testing prior to an official release date of 29th October 2004 (I hope!).

You can find a temporary home for it at www.battrick.tk - this is where the initial home will be when its fully released.

Oh, and I had a look at the links the chaps above put in - did you try any of them? Are any of them anything like what you are looking for?

Just to show that I'm genuine, here are some screenshots:
screenshot1
screenshot2
screenshot3
screenshot4

Thanks for the interest.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Battrick is up, and already we have our first CW derby - Chris Hinton's The Pen in Hand have been drawn with kweek's VCC in England's IV.60, and they'll meet on 10th of June. Along with a Norwegian team, actually.

My team is in III.1 of West Indies with an Icelander...

Edit: And Superkingdave seems to have graced that league with his presence, too...IV.60 is high on my interest list at the mo.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel_Vimes said:
Battrick is up, and already we have our first CW derby - Chris Hinton's The Pen in Hand have been drawn with kweek's VCC in England's IV.60, and they'll meet on 10th of June. Along with a Norwegian team, actually.

My team is in III.1 of West Indies with an Icelander...
Another West Indian, eh. I'm Asterix in III.13. My squad contains some truly abysmal players.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
At least you've got a couple of players with rating over 10,000 - my best is at 9,699, and that's only cos he's a strong wickie.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel_Vimes said:
At least you've got a couple of players with rating over 10,000 - my best is at 9,699, and that's only cos he's a strong wickie.
Yes, you were probably dealt a worse hand than me: you've got two under 1,000; my lowest is 1,210. It's a bit worrying that he is also my highest-rated spinner, though.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Ha ha, you think you're bad, my highest rating is 7178 and he's a wickie. Looking forward to it - Håkon how did you find out who was involved?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
superkingdave said:
Ha ha, you think you're bad, my highest rating is 7178 and he's a wickie. Looking forward to it - Håkon how did you find out who was involved?
Did a user search for kwek, since I knew he was in, then checked the other teams in his league. By no means comprehensive, though - found Jamee's team later, it's in IV.44 (try to guess what it's called).

Oh, and btw, the Norwegians found it by themselves. All I did was bump a thread in the Norwegian conference on Hattrick (the game Battrick is based on - football, but no difference otherwise). Think there's about 25 of us in Battrick at the mo + a Finn, a Dane and two Icelanders... :D

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
yeah i played Hattrick for a while, didn't get into it. Think ill have more application with this because a) it just started, b) i know people in my league.

I think Kwek and Hinton have a pretty shot a promotion from ours, mid table would be good for me.