• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Evolution OF Cricket Video Games 1996-2013

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
BL '99 had the most realistic shots
This. Only ever played the demo but it was always enjoyable.

I probably logged more time into Cricket 2004 than any other cricket game. Modded the hell out of it. I think I've played all of the ones you mentioned (of course DBC isn't out yet) and not a single one could give you a good Test match unless you modded it the hell out of it. I think you left out Cricket 2005 which had all the cricketers looking like rugby players.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
gotta love Ricky Ponting 2005 (I think it was Brian Lara in the video), this video inspired me to play another test match, I wish the AI wouldn't set ridiculous fields, play a large amount of shots in the same area to different balls and **** with the normal bowling order though

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
So much nostalgia in that video.

Loved Shane Warne Cricket '99 (as it was known in Australia). I swear I spent about 4 years of my childhood playing that.
Cricket '02 and '04 both got runs, but nowhere near as long.
Ricky Ponting '05 was great fun, but had nothing on BL '99
Cricket '07 got a lengthy run as well, until PS3s decided they were no longer backwards compatible. I used to alter an English county side to make it contain every player I liked, and then dominated with them.

The newer Ashes ones just haven't been the same. Hopefully the Don Bradman one will live up to BL '99 standards.

MrPrez

International Debutant
I'm assuming it was Ricky Ponting 05 in Aus for marketing reasons, because I've got Brian Lara 05. And it's awesome. Had EA Cricket 99, 02, 05 and 07. Probably enjoyed 99 the most tbh, still remember carving 275 in about 50 deliveries, every shot a slog-sweep six. And I still remember bowling at a certain line and length (just back of a good length, middle and leg) and they'd scoop every single shot to mid off.

Also remember playing 05 and bowling medium-pacers, bowling as short as possible, as slow as possible, and each time the ball would go under the bat and either bowl them or get them lbw.

Good times.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
So much nostalgia in that video.
When I lived in Lahore, there was an arcade the next town over that had installed the BLC '96 demo on one of the arcade machines right next to the Street Fighters II game. The shop was in the bad part of the town so during that summer we all used to sneak over without telling anyone and spent all day on those two machines. We used to spend half of our allowances to play a ****ing demo. Watching that footage reminded me of how the arcade used to have a strange smell.