• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
Does anyone here play this?

I just got back into it recently. It's far more in-depth and realistic than BT and FTP, while maintaining the same overall structure, and has a lot of really neat features. Overall the best online cricket management game I've played so far (and I've tried HW)

I'm ***** CC in the game, hit me up for a friendly if you are on it.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Is stumped playable on mobile phones, do they have a mobile-friendly interface?

cnerd123

likes this
They are working on a mobile app. The mobile site is useable, I've set orders on it a few times and have often watched my matches on it, but naturally it's a lot better on a computer. It's as good as BT/FTP IMO.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Cheers for your reply, *****.
But do I get it right that neither Stumped nor FTP have first class leagues? I dropped out of Battrick but those 3-dayers were most enjoyable.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Awfully complex :)
How many (if any) players of the orginal squad you got assigned on registration do you still have?

cnerd123

likes this
Five - Visvayu, Ghous, Taha (Nat), Azeem (Nat), and Mahmood (Nat). Khawaja (Nat) is an early youth pull.

Rest of the squad is either bought/promoted.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Hmm, much money went into your team I see.
Two quick ones: How long does it take the groundsman to prepare ground as I set? That Cup thing is on or over already?

cnerd123

likes this
a) Depends on the skills of the groundsman. Adjustments = Speed and Consistency = Accuracy
b) Cup is still running but its a KO thing. Check your fixtures. Matches are every other week. R-2 is finished, R-3 is next. If you don't have a match, you either signed up after it started, or have been knocked out.

cnerd123

likes this
And as in most management games, my team was on that benefited by joining the game really early. Climbed up the ranks quick, got tons on sponsorship and prize money, and was able to grow and develop as a result.

However, having player potentials limits how good your team can get; unlike BT or FTP where every player can be heavily trained and max out their skills. It means there are only a finite supply of really good talent, and even the ones with high potentials tend to get quite close to their limits fairly quickly. So what separates the best managers from the rest is that they have great depth and are strong tactically, rather than just having a squad full of monster players.

Likely to demote in Dev and possibly T20 this season because I've got a very young squad now; only 13 'good' players for the OD and Cup and the rest just long-term training projects.

cnerd123

likes this
I played FTP and BT but don't anymore.

Stumped's a whole lot better. BT and FTP lose their challenge and become boring over time. Stumped has the potential to stay exciting for a long time.

jan

State Vice-Captain
*****, how is the ranking calculated, is a team's rank simply the sum of rankings of all its players?
If there is a team which is 3 months "younger" than other one but higher in the rankings - does it mean the team has been more active on the market and bought more valuable players resulting in higher rank?