• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Challenge

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Idea I just had - a youngster one.

Rules of the Challenge:

- Take a side to glory, but.....
- ...you cannot use players with any experience. This means that you'll have to rely on rookies for your wins!
- Any ICC version is acceptable, but it must be played with normal.
- Any side is acceptable.
- Winner is who takes a side the quickest to a title.
- Game starts after the first season (as for the first you still have the original squad there).

Good luck. You're probably gonna need it.

morgieb

On a toughness scale, this is off the charts, IMO. Probably the toughest challenge ever set, although the time period is indefinite. It will take effort.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Tough challenge. I'll consider using ICC2005.

What about players who start with zero games or the rookies you recruit prior to season one?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Regens or uncapped players only IMO. Guys with 5-6 FC matches at the start always suck.

I spent 3 years pouring technique training into Jos Buttler in ICC 2010, but because he came in with a FC average of 19 from 5 games, he only ever made one ton for me. And sucked big time in limited overs games.

Noble One

Simmed the entire 1st season with Somerset.

Only five regens available. This could take multiple seasons before my side is even in a position to compete.

Noble One

Simmed the 2nd season. Laptop ran out of battery; however still not enough regens available to even form a side.

Initial crop of five look solid. Stats are pretty good for simmed matches:

N Bowen: 1,099 runs @ 40.70 - 23 wickets @ 52.61
J Westwood: 1,033 runs @ 34.43 - 28 wickets @ 56.04
S Wodehouse: 1,288 runs @ 37.88 - 4 wickets @ 17.25
G Kroll: 1,013 runs @ 31.66
G Pettifer: 608 runs @ 28.95

Wodehouse also played 4 Tests. 282 runs @ 35.25

Leaving this challenge to others for the time being. It's going to take at a minimum an additional two seasons to even come close to a squad.

morgieb

Just kick all the existing players out. If you don't have enough players the computer will give you (crappy) regens to fill the gaps.

Noble One

Good point!

I'm locked for another season; however all existing players will come out of contract at the end of the third season.

morgieb

Here are my FC and Second XI averages.

So C Bentley is probably the most talented guy in the side.

Bishnu Aryal

Cricket Spectator
I think just kick all the existing players out. If you don't have enough players the computer will give you regens to fill the gaps.