• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Delayed Again !!

iamdavid

International Debutant
Cricket 2004 has been delayed again , its only by 10 days but still a pain in the a*se :!( :(

It'll be out December 17 now.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
I'll be amazed if they manage to get it out by the 17th. In fact I'll be amazed if they release it this year (they've rather missed the boat on the Christmas market). That said, I'd rather have a decent, properly finished, bug-free game than one that's been rushed out.

Rich2001

International Captain
Hey Rich

I hear the English version wont be hitting the shelf until mid Febuary now :(

I heard for a long time it would be a week or two after the Aussie version but it appears that the offical word is now around the 13th of Feb and that;s for the PS2 only there isn't even a set date for the PC yet :(

(It was you that was asking in the other thread?)

iamdavid

International Debutant
Yeah sorry , December 17 is only for the Southern hemisphere , I have spoken to Mr Wilson (the games produer) and he says it will ship to the UK in early February.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
CW: One area of the game which has cricket fans particularly excited is the inclusion of domestic teams, can you confirm exactly which countries will have their domestic teams included (as I have heard contradicting reports here, some say NZ, SAF, AUS & ENG, while others just say AUS & ENG). Also, will all domestic competitions be included eg: 20Twenty Cup, ING Cup, etc. And will their be an option to play as both a domestic team & a test team over the course of a season (ala International Cricket Captain)?

AW: Yes to all of the above but no 20twenty.

Which is he saying yes to on the domestic teams? Will there be NZ/SAF as well or just Aus/Eng?

Rich2001

International Captain
barmyarmy said:
Which is he saying yes to on the domestic teams? Will there be NZ/SAF as well or just Aus/Eng?
You can only play domestic comps in Aus and Eng.... however I think a few extra teams might well be built in as you play tour matches in the Test series etc so I asume all counties will have a couple of sides from each (maybe these could be unlockable like before?)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rich2001 said:
Hey Rich

I hear the English version wont be hitting the shelf until mid Febuary now :(
I intend to get it sent from Australia or New Zealand... Im not waiting till nearly the cricket season to play on something that just interests me in the winter

:alien8: