• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NP Cricket Simulator: Updated Version (16-04-2020)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Samuel_Vimes said:
Code:
End of over 24 (6471 runs) - Australia 6586/0 - Australia RR: 274.41
AG Wharf 1.0-0-6471-0 (3200w, 0nb)
ML Hayden 0* (64b, 0x4, 0x6), AC Gilchrist 0* (80b, 0x4, 0x6)
So much for bowling idiotically outside off, then...
Well what did you expect it to do?!

cameeel

International Captain
Bangladesh 0/2 from 50 overs
Aus 0/0 from 50 overs
It was set on agressive and normal alternating, bangladesh's runs were both wides

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Okay, I've spent the last two weeks in East Anglia. There is nothing to do in East Anglia.

I spent around thirty-forty hours coding. This is the result - a fully 'complete' sim match engine with a rewritten editor and team selection screen - I've tested it reasonably thoroughly and it seems to adjust well to various game lengths. I've found a lot of bugs which I *think* I've ironed out - batting stupidly slowly, scoring at 10 an over chasing targets, spinners taking loads for not many, excessive runouts, too many sixes - but some must remain I'd guess.

I'm not sure how the ability levels in the database translate through to performances in the game, you may need to tweak the ground attributes to get sensible results - I think that 40 is bowler-friendly, 20-25 reasonable and below that flat; anything above 40 will do stuff. Creating extra ground data would be great!

Please test both game and editor to the point of destruction - and then we'll decide where to go from here with the rest of the project. Commentary and AI will be the next stage I think - no comments on the quality of the comms, please, they all need rewriting and volunteers will be required!

Attachments

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Run-outs seem to create weird commentary - you can have a non-striker run-out but it says the non-striker faced and, I quote "excellent fielding from Martyn to run out the batsman" (would seem like the striker was run out)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Seven minutes! Ack, well I can put that one down to not looking at the comms when I developed the run-outs bit. Is it getting the right person dismissed each time and just a comms bug?

(Note to self - need to make the ball spin more as it gets older and include speed of outfield in runs generation code)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
Seven minutes! Ack, well I can put that one down to not looking at the comms when I developed the run-outs bit. Is it getting the right person dismissed each time and just a comms bug?

(Note to self - need to make the ball spin more as it gets older and include speed of outfield in runs generation code)
Yeah, the person who gets dismissed doesn't stay at the crease. It's just the BBB output that is confusing.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Agression seems pretty on/off, 1/2 agression and they hardly score a run, plenty of extra's to keep us going though - in my 90 over game:

Harmison - 15 overs 7 wd, 6nb
Collingwood - 14 overs 7 wides, 3nb

B Lee - 14 overs 10wb, 1nb
A Symonds - 8 overs 4wd, 1nb
D Lehmann - 7 overs 22wd and 1nb

All bowlers bar Giles bowled at least 1nb

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
also when i add players to the database than to a team they dont come up as playable

however when i go and edit the player order in the db file they come up

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
age_master said:
ive got an error :D

both Hayden and McGrath are not out, Wharf didn't take a wicket, i have 4 overs left, but im all out
What intrigues me there is that Wharf's bowling figures are 1-1-0-1. I need to work out what situation that one occurs in so I can recreate it and find out why