• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NP Cricket Simulator: Updated Version (16-04-2020)

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
er Neil I think you forgot one thing, it is BEACH cricket 2006...

looks good, but im know that most beaches don't have turf pitches randomly placed on them...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr. P said:
er Neil I think you forgot one thing, it is BEACH cricket 2006...

looks good, but im know that most beaches don't have turf pitches randomly placed on them...
At the moment I'm looking at doing turf-based for the new CWXI sim. BC2006 is the code name, nowt more.

Mr. P

Neil I reckon confidence might be a great factor to throw in there - at the start of their innings batsman wouldn't be so confident, hence may not play a risky shot. Some batsmen may not be confident against pacemen, but very confident against spinners etc. And it effects how they play.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Looks top notch..

Will be even better if you include my Jamaica beach Pic..

Would be better still if you credited me...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yay first bug report. :)

I put McGraths aggression on the most defensive possible, and he immediately started firing yorkers in. I put it back on what it was before, and the yorkers continued. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tom Halsey said:
Very good. 1 thing.

McGrath is frighteningly accurate IRL, but not THAT accurate. Very good though. :)
That's entirely down to the data file.

Aggression isn't included in the code yet... in fact, there's no aggression settings for bowlers. Remember, the scale isn't equal across and up, so the top of the grandstand/sky equates to batsman's head height, and if Harmo bangs it in real short on a lively track, it will go over the batsman's head.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
Very good. 1 thing.

McGrath is frighteningly accurate IRL, but not THAT accurate. Very good though. :)

you might be surprised but they found that over 60% or something rediculas bounced in like within a 2 inch square. there doesn''t seem to be any variation in it though, all balls about the same length... where are the bouncers and yorkers. and the wickets look like they have the option of bouncing just a little too much ;). looks good so far though

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yeah but you have to bowl ball by ball for that (from what i could tell) bowling over by over it was all pretty much the same

Mr. P

Neil mate make sure you stop at nothing to make sure this is the best cricket sim ever created...:)