• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NP Cricket Simulator: Updated Version (16-04-2020)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He does, but his problems are more from being Ginger than anything else, so there's not a lot we can do about that! ;)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
He does, but his problems are more from being Ginger than anything else, so there's not a lot we can do about that! ;)
We could invent the 'rust trust' and put the money towards some hair dye. ;)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Structural demo created.

I'm being very clear here - none of the tactics or intelligence is remotely created or affects anything, the ball results are derived randomly, and there is no ability differentials.

What I want people to do is break it or make it do something stupid or that doesn't add up.

http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/bc2006.zip

The following are sample output files, which are saved in the root directory after every game as card.htm and bbb.htm - just rename them to store them for posterity.

http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/card.htm
http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/bbb.htm

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Just a suggestion - a mention of the players who did not bat in the innings on the scorecard, just to make it a wee bit more easier to track stats for those who do that manually (if this sim is gonna be as good as promised ;))

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
nice start...keep it up. some suggestions:
how about displaying landmarks in ball-by-ball sheet, like 50 in 50 balls 4x4 1x 6 etc...

every batsmen is bowled?

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
sometimes the game stops responding at the end of an innings or at the at of the match. i noticed that if it is the end of the match, the bbb.htm and card.htm files are only half written, ie, first innings. so maybe it's a problem when writing the scorecard to file?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
No thought goes into dismissals. I'll try to do something for landmarks.

Is there any common factors when it freezes? Same number of wickets down?

bryce

International Regular
is there going to be a career mode on BC2006? if yes is it going to be using real life players or fictiousous(sp?) players like in BC2002?

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
Lol england got 10/652 when I played them. I guess development is in its early stages though...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right, initial progress on ball development!

The physics engine for seam bowlers completed - I'd like as much trialling as possible to try and make it do stupid things, please.

Download here

Last edited: