• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NP Cricket Simulator: Updated Version (16-04-2020)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Can try to help out too, but being a bit outside the mainstream cricketing nations I'm afraid I'll have to dig all data out of cricinfo :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Great work!

However, not even Championship Manager with their incredible depth collect all the possible data for all their players, so may I suggest something like a "general" batting and bowling potential upon which the "unknown" ratings can be determined? I mean, collecting data like "shooting on the front foot" for Tapash Baisya or Moniruzzaman for example could be quite hard...just a suggestion, mind.

Rich2001

International Captain
Neil the game looks like it's really coming on, just one little point.

Is it really worth you getting all the players information now? I mean if your aiming for a release in like 2-3 years time, half the players will have retired, your have a whole bunch of players that nobody even knows of on the sence and players change in time, I mean Freddie Flintoff learnt the art of Semi defence (hit 4 instead of 6 probley his aim ;) )

All iam thinking is it not worth you just randomly creating a few teams just for the basic of testing and using in development and nearer the time get the full, current list of players and their stats?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right, editor's finished and fully functional.

Get it here: http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/editor06.exe

Rich - fair point, but it will be easier to judge it's working properly with "real" players with their own characteristics, a couple of teams is all I'm asking - and I also would like people to get their heads round the editor for research purposes - and nothing's stopping them creating All Time XIs :)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Would it be possible to have variation?

So for quicks, slower ball, and for us leggies, googly, and for you offies, nothing!:P

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
"You" offies? Eh?

Hmm, I don't really fancy re-writing t'editor, but I guess I could wend it into the game some how.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Smallquerie here. I assume that the higher the speed, the better, in the editor. Have you looked at this for spinners, because they're obviously not going to be 80mph.