• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NP Cricket Simulator: Updated Version (16-04-2020)

cricketboy29

International Regular
Wow, even a twenty over game is played exactly how its supposed to be played. This is some very good stuff, neil. Hats off.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Neil, as your not on MSN, I'm gonna recode the generator slightly as there aren't enough decent part timers being generated (batsmen) and the bowlers are all rabbits.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Yeah me too. The only problem is that the bowlers are continually carted. That's about it though, other than that all is well.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
chooka_nick said:
Yeah me too. The only problem is that the bowlers are continually carted. That's about it though, other than that all is well.
Play around with the pitch settings.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
Play around with the pitch settings.
Actually yes, I'be been meaning to ask Neil what are the 'normal' pitch settings? Aka which settings would be the closest to everyday cricketing life?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
That was one of the general ideas of releasing this version; so people could play with it and find out.

I'm not sure. 35?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Just looking at the thread - a very minor thing you might want to look into is getting fielder and bowler in seperate columns for batting scorecards.

Right now it's...

Code:
ct (catcher) b (bowler)
b (bowler)
ct (catcher) b (bowler)
You might want to adjust this if you haven't already, so it displays as
Code:
ct (catcher)	b (bowler)
		b (bowler)
ct (catcher)	b (bowler)
If this has already been done, feel free to ignore this post.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Also, I found this amusing.

0.1 B Lee to ME Trescothick, no run, outside off, slightly full, sets himself to strike the ball with fury, flicks it away, batsmen look to keep the scoreboard moving, but they have no luck

I wasn't aware you could "keep the scoreboard moving" at 0/0 :D

Loony BoB

International Captain
I tried a single-over game and it started a second over, which seemed to give the sim quite a lot of headaches. Although I'm sure England will love that they've scored 41 runs in just one legal delivery.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Loony BoB said:
I tried a single-over game and it started a second over, which seemed to give the sim quite a lot of headaches. Although I'm sure England will love that they've scored 41 runs in just one legal delivery.
It's not designed to be abused yet :p

And the commentary is very very weak at present.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Aye, but it might be an idea to not allow single over games. I think two overs should be minimum, so you can at least have two players bat & bowl in an effectively 2-a-side game (sort of like whatever it's called in BLIC).

I hope to give it a more thorough look later on. Oddly enough, the only downside I can think of right now is that it could be seen as a bit too complex for CW Dev League, now that it's a case of "set aggression to 78% for Joe Bloggs" or something like that :p But I'm sure the simmers and the captains will get the hang of it eventually.

Loony BoB

International Captain
The player editor allows people to type into the drop down menus (Batting/Bowling) and update without typing in a valid selection. I've no idea how this would affect the game, but it's probably worth changing to be on the safe side. Although making a player bowl "Pies" and bat "Ambidextrous" might be interesting.

EDIT: Seems that after you update, go away and then return to the player page it has the fields left blank. Should there not be a default option? Either that, or it should be set so that a player can't be selected to play if he doesn't have a functionable field selected.

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
imagine said:
i also played with it a while. Willing to help with database. In the editor it would be a good idea to remove players from the list who have been added to a team, because you have to check the team squad every time.
I can see the good and bad sides of having all players in a list... to solve this problem, would it be possible to have a drop down menu within the players area with squad names, including a "No Squad" field so that people can adjust squads easier. This would be very handy as I'm sure the db will end up involving hundreds of players.