• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stick Cricket League

MrPrez

International Debutant
I'm not quite sure how to do this, but I think it could be quite fun to create a Cricketweb stick cricket league. If someone could either explain to me how to create a league or else do it themselves, that would be great.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm in. Never used the website but I've long had the iphone app. Looking around the site now to see how to make a league.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Doesn't seem like it can be done - you can only compare friends' scores over Facebook. So either:

1. I make a Fb account called "CW Stick Sports" and everyone friends it, or
2. We just post scores here and rely on everyone to be honest

I don't mind either but we'll see how much interest we get first.

MrPrez

International Debutant
That sounds awesome James although I don't quite know how "creating a game" would work - you would do that right?

Also, I think a good idea could be taking a screenshot for proof - I know people could photoshop but if they really are photoshopping their score for a stick cricket competition, then shame.

James

Cricket Web Owner
How I would suggest you do it, is put together a schedule of people interested and then use the Multiplayer area.

MrPrez

International Debutant
My first game was an utter failur - 90 after 5 turned into 117 all out
:o :(

My best score is 169 after about 5 games overall. Am hoping to take that well over 200 though. I struggle with the spinners big-time!

MrPrez

International Debutant
176/4 my new best: Would have been bigger if I didn't slow down against the spinners :(

MrPrez

International Debutant
How I would suggest you do it, is put together a schedule of people interested and then use the Multiplayer area.
Oh, OK, gotcha! I thought you were saying we should make a stick cricket league in the games section :p

Ja sure, I'll try it out and then start a thread for it :)

MrPrez

International Debutant
Just saw that you (and, I would assume, Cricketweb) celebrated 10 years of CW in October. Pretty awesome imo.
Anyways, I'll start a new thread after managing a paltry 47-odd in my first 5-over game.