• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New South African Manager

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
South African Board today announced that they have approached Bugssy Malone to sign a new deal to manage the proteas in what they hope will be a long and successful arrangement.

The first ask is the home test series against sri lanka where before that the test team will be picked.

We spoke to Bugs Malone about this and this is what he had to say.

yer i am very happy to have been given the opportunity to manage such a highly successful side like the south africans, since i have had alot of input with the ozzies i guess my role here is to use that to my advantage and hopefully take, firstlt a test series against sri lanka and then i guess the big thing would be looking for the world cup.

but its an honour and one i hope i will make it last and be here for a while to come.

thankyou

well there you have it, stay tuned for the 1st test aginst the sri lankans and stay tuned for the test side to be names.

Cloete

International Captain
well done mate. good luck, even though u don't need it because your so pro at writing stories anyway :P. also having used SA before i'm sure u'll know the ins and outs, and if it POSSIBLE you might even do a better job than your last one (one hell of an achievement).

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
SOUTH AFRICAN TEST SIDE V SRI LANKA @ PRETORIA

G Kirsten
G Smith
H Gibbs
N Mckenzie
J Rhodes
M Boucher
J Khallis
S Pollock
J Kemp
D Terbrugge
B Shultz
M Ngam

the 12 players for the first test, with a few key players missing like N Hayward, M Ntini, N Boje.

stay tuned for the highlights of the first test.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Kallis at 7?!:O :P

BTW that bowling attack is pretty hilarious, even for a warm up game.:P

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr. Ponting said:
1/ Kallis at 7?!:O :P

2/ BTW that bowling attack is pretty hilarious, even for a warm up game.:P
1/ I agree that that is ridiculous selection policy and the manager should be beheaded. :P
2/ It's a Test match and that attack isn't that bad. Personally I would've picked Henderson and Andy Hall though.

Stay tuned... Aussie story to be resumed...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
that is not the batting line up , just the squad for the first test.
the batting line up and team stats + story will be done tomorrow.

as for the attack, 4 bowlers where off injured, hayward, ntini, boje and hall

so hopefully the attack i have picked will get me through.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
bugssy said:
that is not the batting line up , just the squad for the first test.
the batting line up and team stats + story will be done tomorrow.

as for the attack, 4 bowlers where off injured, hayward, ntini, boje and hall

so hopefully the attack i have picked will get me through.
yeah ok bugs, just saw the last bit of your post, didnt really read it...:P :saint:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
SOUTH AFRICA V SRI LANKA 1ST TEST

welcome to the first test between sri lanka and the home side south africa.

south africa have won the toss and sent the tourists in. we spoke to both captains and this is what they had to say.

jayasuriya: yes i think we would have batted so not etrribly disappointed with that. it is going to be tough to beat thses guys at home but we have a good side and i think we can fight all the way, and who knows maybe come up with the upset.

pollock, yes we have a game plan and the first part has gone to plan, bugs has worked hard with us the last 2 weeks and lets see if we can repay the favour by coming out , bowling well, even though it isnt our first choice attack but it is a good one, so only time will tell.

sri lanka batted first and all 7 top order batsmen getting starts but not going on with it. only 1 batsmen failed and only 1 other went on with a suitable score.

here is the 1st innings card.

attapattu 30
jayasuriya 28
de silva 29
tillakeratne 36
kaluwitherana 0
samaraweera 44
sangakara 71

all out in the first day for 272

south africam bowling figures are as follows.

pollock 2 - 56 of 28 overs with 6 maidnes
terbrugge 4 - 49 of 20.4 with 2 maidens
j kemp 3 - 91 of 28 overs with 6 maidens
b shultz 1 - 47 of 12 overs with 1 maiden
j kallis only bowled 4 overs and took 0 - 16

south africa at the end of day 1 where 0 - 3

day 2 and 3 seen south africa bat and although they reached a good total at one stage they where struggling and where 6 - 200 chasing 272, but a 9th wicket record partnership between m boucher 163 (276) and d terbrugge 76 (171) seen the proteas reach a target they where looking for. the scorecard as follows,

SOUTH AFRICAN 1ST INNINGS

g kirsten 13
h gibbs 54
g smith 11
j kallis 43
n mckenzie 13
j rhodes 45
m boucher 163
s pollock 0
j kemp 37
d terbrugge 76
b shultz 0 *

all out for 473

sri lankas second innings was a terrible performance and they never really got out of the blocks, and struggled the hole way through.

the only 2 to shine for sri lanka in the second inings where
samaraweera 68
gunaratne 44

the bowling figures for south africa where as follows
s pollock 3 - 53 of 34 overs with 10 maidens
terbrugge 2 - 55 of 23 with 5 maidens
j kemp 4 - 78 of 31.5 overs with 10 maidens
b shultz 1 - 36 of 15 overs

south africa chasing 30 to win got tehre with 10 wickets to spare.

we spoke to pollock and bugs after the game.

yer very happy with the win, we had a game plan and we stuck to it, although the batsmen didnt exactly do what they where told to with a few starts and no one kept going except for boucher and terbrugge.

its the start of a lot of hard work so its just the beginning.

so its the start of a good series we hope, we have done alot of hard work over the last 2 weeks with bugs and hopefully it pays off.

man of the match was m boucher

was very happy with the way the bowlers performed with them doing alot of hard work so it puts pressure on the other guys that are out injured or just out due to a bad performance.

so thanks

well there u have it south africa winning by 10 wickets and take a 1 - 0 lead.

stay tuned for the 2nd test.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Bugs congrats on the win but I have found a South African called G Pollock he got 104 no on Test debut and can bowl a bit are you playing on ICC 2002

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bugssy said:
come on guys a few comments would be nice :(
Top knock by Boucher. In my South Africa game, he's a very reliable no.6 batsman. I generally play 5 batsmen (including Kallis), Boucher, 4 allrounders and 2 bowlers.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
thanks for the comments guys, it is 2002 icc but would like some more comments if u guys could

cheers

2nd test coming up soon

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Top knock by Boucher. In my South Africa game, he's a very reliable no.6 batsman. I generally play 5 batsmen (including Kallis), Boucher, 4 allrounders and 2 bowlers.
I hope that playing 12 enables you to win more than you lose?