• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC: Retiring Players

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One of the things that annoy me about ICC is that there's no way to preserve the stats of your players when they retire. So I thought we could have a thread where people can post about some of their players who are getting to that stage of their careers.

They don't have to be really awesome players - anyone at all.

I'll start with these guys, who I won't be using again after the World Cup (in which NZ, believe it or not, got knocked out in the semis - it's amazing how realistic this game can be).

Gaffaney was never anything special, but he was a useful, attacking opener who often gave us good starts. His average was boosted by a rather monstrous knock against the USA in this World Cup!

I'm going to miss Oram and Walker - they were the guts of my middle order from the start, and they've been amazing with the ball as well. But they've been declining a bit in their effectiveness, particularly their bowling.

Scott was an awesome new-ball bowler for us in ODIs.

Attachments

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
I've started screenshotting players just before the retire (if they're getting on in age I take a screenshot). Doesn't work sometimes for players who retire early though (Williamson retired at 30...)

Will post some screenshots when I have some more.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
An archive of player records is something I'd love for ICC to adopt in future versions. Its certainly a bit annoying for those wanting to post screenshots or statistically-minded when a player randomly retires and you've lost his record and statistics if you've not created a back-up save.

Funny seeing Matthew Walker (and to a lesser extent Chris Gaffaney) play so well for you - I guess they're some of those players that ICC rated rather too highly compared to their skill in real life. ;)

Last edited:

Daemon

Just started again, which county team should I pick this season? Seeing as I have no attachment towards any side, can't decide really.

Flem274*

123/5
Here's some of mine. I encourage the use of Shane Bond as nightwatchman. It works really well.

Stephen Fleming
1993-2010
130 tests
8535 @ 40.26
17 hundreds
46 fifties
274*
173 catches

Matthew Sinclair
1999-2012
61 tests
4386 @ 43.43
10 hundreds
18 fifties
218*
82 catches

Daniel Vettori
1997-2010 (wac)
99 tests
2821 @ 25.41
2 hundreds
15 fifties
137*
45 catches

Slow left arm orthodox
285 @ 33.14
17 five wicket innings
2 ten wicket matches
RPO 2.65
7/71

Shane Bond
2001-2010
41 tests
960 @ 34.29 (lol h4x)
2 hundreds
3 fifties
158*
9 catches

Right arm fast
150 @ 28.99
5 five wicket innings
1 ten wicket match
RPO 3.11
6/51

Bruce Martin
2007-2011
24 tests
313 @ 22.36
0 hundreds
2 fifties
0 catches

Slow left arm orthodox
92 @ 32.59
6 five wicket innings
1 ten wicket match
RPO 2.81
7/139

Flem274*

123/5
Because they're **** ****s. So furious I'm left without a truly test standard spinner.

What makes them even bigger sooks is Bond is somehow still playing FC cricket at 38...

Flem274*

123/5
I'm going to miss Oram and Walker - they were the guts of my middle order from the start, and they've been amazing with the ball as well. But they've been declining a bit in their effectiveness, particularly their bowling.
I notice Oram and Walker both have ODI stumpings to their names...

_Ed_

Yeah, that's a random glitch in the stats - at the start of the game, every player that has played ODIs has the same number of stumpings as catches in that form of the game. A bit bizarre.

morgieb

Yeah, that's a random glitch in the stats - at the start of the game, every player that has played ODIs has the same number of stumpings as catches in that form of the game. A bit bizarre.
Not as bad as the glitch that saw South Africans and Sri Lankans have stupid averages for some reason.

Chewie

They're working on those problems in the next version (South African Batsmen/Sri Lankan Spinners). I've been talking to them about it. They should just get PEWS to sort it all out for them.

Flem274*

123/5
Strange. I've never been slammed by crazy awesome South African batsmen. They get good ones but haven't seen one running round with an astronomical average. They get good bowlers though.

Nothing compares to the subcontinental bowling h4x.

morgieb

I think that most of the h4x yarps were players who played 2nd grade cricket ala Ruan Pietersen.

Also, Sri Lanka have really dire pitches I think, which is why there's like 50 bowlers with averages around 20.

Also, I actually meant that in ICC 2005 some players had batting averages around 5 for ODI's. And these were actual players.

Chewie

They've been more receptive to comments about that sort of thing nowadays. Should for the most part be fixed in the next version. In ICC2010 it was the SA batsmen who were overpowered. The bowlers were pretty decent too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They're working on those problems in the next version (South African Batsmen/Sri Lankan Spinners). I've been talking to them about it. They should just get PEWS to sort it all out for them.
You know them?

They should seriously hire me to do it tbh. :p

Chewie

One of the guys is a global moderator on PC, I was pming him about it before. I'd guess it'd be too late in the process for them to make any changes now (the next version is supposed to release this month), but if they don't fix it in this version I can get them to talk to you :p