Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Coach Series?

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity

Cricket Coach Series?

Anyone here play this. Downloaded the 2011 version demo the other day and played through half a season or so with Hampshire. Seemed pretty good fun ,cba with all the in depth features though, may consider buying it when the price comes down. Thoughts?

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Anyone here play this. Downloaded the 2011 version demo the other day and played through half a season or so with Hampshire. Seemed pretty good fun ,cba with all the in depth features though, may consider buying it when the price comes down. Thoughts?
    Bought the version earlier this month. Bought the previous version too. You can even set up leagues FM style if you play around with the editor. Bought the game mainly to set up my neighborhood league tbh.

Problems for me, were that despite the game having a variety of complicated options, it seemed rather straightforward. Playing as Hampshire for the half season I did it seemed that I needed to do nothing more than pick the team and repeatedly click on "Bowl" and I would pick up wins the majority of the time, making no alterations to field/tactics etc... whatsoever.

Also there were some ludicrous catches, have seen players jump from one side of the wicket to another in the space of about half a second and for my batsman to smash the ball in the air towards point only for it to swirl around ridiculously in the air and end up being caught by one of the slips. Stupid.

Despite those flaws it is quite a fun game, but paying 20 for it seems a tad steep.

Gameplay is a little boring, but the options has a lot more depth than say ICC.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

It has much more depth, but the results are nowhere near as realistic as ICC. I find T20s in cricket coach to be incredibly inaccurate with some stupid results. Also playing in the World Cricket League you get some players who shouldn't be good but just randomly take a whole heap of wickets. I get that in just normal domestic cricket too. These are just really unrealistic. The features though are much better, but I prefer realism over options.

Yeah, I'm of a similar opinion really. Noticed a few buggy things with regards to T20 games as well, it seems that no matter how well you have batted, and you are well on course for getting a 200-220 score, your batsman inevitably collapse and you end up either all out of just unable to score any more than roughly 195. It doesn't bother me that much, but it's a bit stupid that it seems to happen near enough every match.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Ran like a behemoth on my machine, and the extra features didn't really outweigh the frustration I felt at times. Overall pretty good though, but prefer ICC.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Played for one hour and wasn't very impressed. It's great to have all these leagues and thousands of players, but the underlying engine is poor and you get the feeling you are hardly in control during the game.

ICC moved in the right direction with the introduction of Australian domestic cricket in 2011. If they can add more leagues it will be superior in near every way to Cricket Coach.

cpr
    I preferred everything about CC bar the match experience, maybe its just me being used to ICC, but felt it was too twiddly for less product.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Any of you guys interested in doing a review of the game for Cricket Web ?

I'd be very interested actually.

Thanks for the interest

Can you give me a buzz on MSN/Google Talk or email?

Cheers James, just sent you an email.

Cricket Coach 2011 Review

Cricket Web Member Henry Pearce has reviewed Cricket Coach 2011 detailing the highs and lows of the latest release in the continued series of cricket management games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information