• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Coach Series?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Anyone here play this. Downloaded the 2011 version demo the other day and played through half a season or so with Hampshire. Seemed pretty good fun ,cba with all the in depth features though, may consider buying it when the price comes down. Thoughts?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Anyone here play this. Downloaded the 2011 version demo the other day and played through half a season or so with Hampshire. Seemed pretty good fun ,cba with all the in depth features though, may consider buying it when the price comes down. Thoughts?
Bought the version earlier this month. Bought the previous version too. You can even set up leagues FM style if you play around with the editor. Bought the game mainly to set up my neighborhood league tbh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Problems for me, were that despite the game having a variety of complicated options, it seemed rather straightforward. Playing as Hampshire for the half season I did it seemed that I needed to do nothing more than pick the team and repeatedly click on "Bowl" and I would pick up wins the majority of the time, making no alterations to field/tactics etc... whatsoever.

Also there were some ludicrous catches, have seen players jump from one side of the wicket to another in the space of about half a second and for my batsman to smash the ball in the air towards point only for it to swirl around ridiculously in the air and end up being caught by one of the slips. Stupid.

Despite those flaws it is quite a fun game, but paying £20 for it seems a tad steep.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gameplay is a little boring, but the options has a lot more depth than say ICC.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
It has much more depth, but the results are nowhere near as realistic as ICC. I find T20s in cricket coach to be incredibly inaccurate with some stupid results. Also playing in the World Cricket League you get some players who shouldn't be good but just randomly take a whole heap of wickets. I get that in just normal domestic cricket too. These are just really unrealistic. The features though are much better, but I prefer realism over options.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, I'm of a similar opinion really. Noticed a few buggy things with regards to T20 games as well, it seems that no matter how well you have batted, and you are well on course for getting a 200-220 score, your batsman inevitably collapse and you end up either all out of just unable to score any more than roughly 195. It doesn't bother me that much, but it's a bit stupid that it seems to happen near enough every match.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Ran like a behemoth on my machine, and the extra features didn't really outweigh the frustration I felt at times. Overall pretty good though, but prefer ICC.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Played for one hour and wasn't very impressed. It's great to have all these leagues and thousands of players, but the underlying engine is poor and you get the feeling you are hardly in control during the game.

ICC moved in the right direction with the introduction of Australian domestic cricket in 2011. If they can add more leagues it will be superior in near every way to Cricket Coach.

cpr

International Coach
I preferred everything about CC bar the match experience, maybe its just me being used to ICC, but felt it was too twiddly for less product.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
This is a problem further exacerbated by the apparent ease by which one can pick up victories, for all its diverse customisable features, it seems that even with minimal input from the player winning matches is not a difficult feat. For example, whilst playing as England I was able to win the Ashes series in Australia 4-0 (with 2 innings victories)
Seems pretty realistic then.

sudhindra9

School Boy/Girl Captain
Lots of options and depth but the match results and happenings seemed a little too unrealistic.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, I got really sick of it after a while. Match engine is just far too bugged, and despite the in depth options, fiddling with any of them as much as you like doesn't seem to have any discernible impact on proceedings. Downloaded the free version of ICC2005 and started to play that instead, much better.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Incredibly unrealistic to be honest. In my first season, as Somerset, I have the following team:

Trescothick, A Cook, Compton, Hildreth, Botha/Rahane, Kieswetter, Suppiah, Thomas, Swann, M Davies, Hussain.

With back-up players including Buttler, Dockrell, Willoughby, Trego, de Bruyn.etc.

Before hitting the T20 comp, Swann (despite missing 2 FC games to Tests) has over 100 wickets at approx. 10 each...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Just seems like, whoever you play as, you win more than you lose, regradless of opposition. Remember I forgot to change my England side after a tour warm up game for the first Ashes test of the series. Had Kieswetter opening and Bopara, James Taylor and no Anderson, Swann, Tremlett, Strauss or Pietersen in the side and won by an innings....very realistic.