Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cricket Coach Series?

This is a problem further exacerbated by the apparent ease by which one can pick up victories, for all its diverse customisable features, it seems that even with minimal input from the player winning matches is not a difficult feat. For example, whilst playing as England I was able to win the Ashes series in Australia 4-0 (with 2 innings victories)
    Seems pretty realistic then.

School Boy/Girl Captain sudhindra9's Avatar
    Lots of options and depth but the match results and happenings seemed a little too unrealistic.
    I would like to watch bowlers dominate batsmen like a dog would a tail-wagging contest against a rabbit. Which means I spend most of my days fuming and cursing the game. The Newlands Test between South Africa and Australia has vindicated my belief that batsmen are a bunch of weak-minded, inept fools only good for waving about sponsor logos.

Yeah, I got really sick of it after a while. Match engine is just far too bugged, and despite the in depth options, fiddling with any of them as much as you like doesn't seem to have any discernible impact on proceedings. Downloaded the free version of ICC2005 and started to play that instead, much better.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Incredibly unrealistic to be honest. In my first season, as Somerset, I have the following team:

Trescothick, A Cook, Compton, Hildreth, Botha/Rahane, Kieswetter, Suppiah, Thomas, Swann, M Davies, Hussain.

With back-up players including Buttler, Dockrell, Willoughby, Trego, de Bruyn.etc.

Before hitting the T20 comp, Swann (despite missing 2 FC games to Tests) has over 100 wickets at approx. 10 each...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    *Quote may or may not read differently in context.

Just seems like, whoever you play as, you win more than you lose, regradless of opposition. Remember I forgot to change my England side after a tour warm up game for the first Ashes test of the series. Had Kieswetter opening and Bopara, James Taylor and no Anderson, Swann, Tremlett, Strauss or Pietersen in the side and won by an innings....very realistic.

And there's this spin dominance in virtually any place. Even in Australia where spinners don't usually have a good time. Imran Tahir used to pick up 12wkts per match for Hamps in English county and my openers had an average of 80!! All this without me doing anythin but hitting the space bar. And most t20 tend to have scores in excess of 200 in the first innings and no matter what you do, you can't chase them down on most occasions. And more importantly in ODIs when you increase the level of aggression to the maximum, the batsmen score at 5 an over despite being well settled(especially during chases).

Yeah, the game is just full of ridiculous goings on. I remember it became a routine for my opposition to post a decent first innings score. Me to collapse in the first innings, then my allrounder and a tail-ender would put on a stand of about 200 to bring us within touching distance of the total. Then in the opposition's second innings I would bowl them out for under 100 and then win by ten wickets after I batted again. Bah.

Yeah that happens with me too. *sick*. ICC 2005 is probably the best game.

Banned
    Cricket Web Member Henry Pearce has reviewed Cricket Coach 2011 detailing the highs and lows of the latest release in the continued series of cricket management games.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Indeed he has. Review's found here for those interested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information