• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Theonlinecricketgame

tocg

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Last edited:

tocg

Still can't get it working, just refuses to launch.
The link below opens a java example through java webstart, the same as the game. If it works on your machine then i'll have a look at what other things it could be with the game. If not, I might just have to put it down to a macism.

Test Java Webstart

Let me know how you get one,
Cheers
tocg

tocg

Fast bowler with 52 overs for 1 wicket so far :laugh:
Nice, you'd make the Black Caps.

New performance engine will eventually fix that. It's coming along so I might even be able to get it out around the end of the month ...

The idea with the new performance engine is that you will be able to have a lot more control over the outcome of your days play.

cheers
tocg

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh and I can't save, not like I would save with career figures of 462-1 but still. It just says "unable to save" when I try.

tocg

Oh and I can't save, not like I would save with career figures of 462-1 but still. It just says "unable to save" when I try.
OK thanks for letting me know.

I'm working on the save now, the issue is where it's trying to save to. So if I give you that option then you can save the file wherever you want... pretty sure that'll fix it.

Will repost when the save options updated.

cheers again :)
tocg

Athlai

Not Terrible
The link below opens a java example through java webstart, the same as the game. If it works on your machine then i'll have a look at what other things it could be with the game. If not, I might just have to put it down to a macism.

Test Java Webstart

Let me know how you get one,
Cheers
tocg
That worked.

tocg

New Website

Hey folks.

I've uploaded a new version of the website (The Online Cricket Game).

Working through the finer details but please let me know your thoughts.

I have removed the advertising... I don't like advertising!

Cheers all,
tocg

tocg

I am Still not able to save properly?
Hey - no, you won't be able to at this stage.

I am about 3/4 of the way through that. I ran into some technical issues and have had to spend the past 3 days rewriting some of my code. I hope to have the save / load functionality working properly tonight or tomorrow night but still have to implement the Save As box and provide the ability to load from where you saved the file.

I'll repost when ready - give me a couple of days :)

Cheers for letting me know,
tocg

tocg

www.theonlinecricketgame.com

Uploaded a new version of The Online Cricket Game tonight.

The basic save and load functionality has been fixed, but we're still yet to implement the Load and Save As boxes so at this stage it may not work on some machines.

Evilhoopler - this should has fixed your issues.

Daemon - This won't fix your issue.. but we will soon.

cheers
tocg

tocg

www.theonlinecricketgame.com

As a bit more info on the save option, everything should now save within the game. i.e. all runs, balls, wickets,50s, 3 wicket bags, players role etc.

The part that isn't fixed is where it comes up with "Unable to save" for some people. I'm working on that though.

Also working on finishing off the seasons, points tables, and fixtures.

At this stage you will still play against the same teams, as in, one from each country, but I'll be implementing the first class teams from each country, and if people want to start putting their club teams forward for the game I'll start adding them to each of the first class regions.

Do you think adding in your real clubs is a good option?

cheers
tocg

tocg

Would be a great option, can help out with the Melbourne Grade Cricket if you wish.
Superb... and my favourite city in the world would be an excellent start, so thank you!

I'm working through the seasons, fixtures and points tables tonight so once that's done ill mock up some forms for people to fill in for the clubs.

General idea is:
1. Choose your country
2. Choose your Region (i.e. Victoria)
3. Choose your Club

Then those are the teams you work towards.

Thanks Vic.. I appreciate your offer.

Will come back to you with something by the weekend.

cheers
tocg

Last edited:

tocg

An image of the fixtures which is now working as it should...

Points table is being finished now. Will post image when that's working... give me an hour :)

tocg

www.theonlinecricketgame.com update

Hey guys.

I've uploaded a new version of The Online Cricket Game tonight.

The new version **should** fix the issues people were having with not being able to save - Please let me know if you can or can't save so I know how that has gone.

I still need to add some parts of the save / load in, especially with the new fixtures as they are not saved at this stage. That will be fixed over the next day or two.

I have added in the Fixtures, Points Table, and (virtual) Seasons. These are just the basics at the moment so you cannot 'win' a season yet. Once you have played all your fixtures some new fixtures will automatically be generated. I will have more done on this by the end of the weekend. Hopefully you will then be able to win a season, play in the semi finals and final.. if you're good enough :p

I have also modified the current batting engine so that there are more singles, less fours, and less dot balls. Feedback on this would be great, I played about 25 games and it looked better than it was previously.

cheers all
tocg

tocg

I have a team

Australia
NSW
Bowral Blues
Nice.

I don't think its going to take much to get this done so will try fit it in tonight if I get half an hour or so.

I've been working on the 5050 over games which I'm happy to say are now working... I'm just tweaking the engine behind the games because at the moment the scores are regularly up in the 400s.

I will publish a new version over the next couple of hours and repost when its ready for some testing.

cheers
tocg