• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Theonlinecricketgame

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The last two games I've played as a spinner. And at the end of the first innings of the first game, it has frozen, continually saying "Bowling alert: Joe Bloggs" or whatever the bowler's name is, and won't go onto the second innings of the match.

tocg

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The last two games I've played as a spinner. And at the end of the first innings of the first game, it has frozen, continually saying "Bowling alert: Joe Bloggs" or whatever the bowler's name is, and won't go onto the second innings of the match.
Yeh, ok. Looks like I've missed something else.

This coding was done early hours of the morning and probably shouldn't have been :wacko:

I'll relook at it again.

The key for me is to know which option you had selected in the dropdown box (Wicket, Till your bowl, Till you bat etc).

I'll re-post when I have fixed it (hopefully properly this time)

cheers!
tocg

tocg

I would if I could but the launch file just doesn't start. Nothing to take a screenshot of.
That's not ideal...

After a quick google I found:

"Q: Is Web Start available for Macintosh?

Web Start ships with Mac OS X 10.1. You can see it with your own eyes at Developer - Java Web Start

Note, that Web Start is not available for download as a separate package. It is only available with Mac OS X 10.1 or later as a bundle.

Another option is alive and kicking OpenJNLP lead by Kevin Herrboldt at OpenJNLP - Java Network Launching which works on all platforms including Mac OS 9 and other JDK 1.1 platforms. "

I can't imagine it's going to be anything too in depth to fix.

Happy to help where I can if you are able to get any further :)

tocg

tocg

www.theonlinecricketgame.com

Till wicket.
Thank you for that.

I have found the issue so will work on that this afternoon. The coding for this aspect of the game needs to be reworked so I will tidy it all up and have it ready over the next 24 hours.

let me know if you have any further feedback or issues.

In the mean time, if you want to continue playing then the 'Innings' option should be working fine.... hopefully...

cheers
tocg

tocg

No worries, thanks for letting me know. I will test it out on another mac over the weekend and see if I have any issues.

Regards
tocg

tocg

Just logging into hosting account to upload another new version.

{note to self: no coding after 1am}

I'll rework the code tonight but have put in a 'fix' that I hope will work.

I did recreate the error though and you can get past it by holding down the Enter key on the keyboard.

The issue is that at the moment I am using multiple buttons that are being made visible and invisible as required. I'll change this when I get a moment.

All feedback / further issues please let me know :)

tocg

tocg

I won't be uploading the new version for a couple of days.

Have got a fair bit done over the weekend but need to iron out a few things before I upload.

I have added in the cashflow and sponsorships so you now earn money from your sponsor as you play.

I've also added in an 'aging' process for gear so your gear will wear out as you use it. If you find that you are having to buy too much gear then let me know and ill change it up a bit.

I've also added in a highlight to help see who is on strike.

An alert has been created for when the game ends.

Batting and bowling options only appear when you can use them.

Multiplied the strike rate by 100.

Fixed issues with the bowler economy rate.

Added Club, First Class, and Interntional to the Career overview screen

Fixed the gear bag panel.

Re-worked the shop.

Gear replenishes in the shop after each match.

If you cannot afford gear or do not buy new gear it will affect your batting and bowling rating

Cheers folks.

Will post once the next upload goes up. ETA, 30/November/2010.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Playing for Brooklyn Windmills and I notice there's an A.Monk in the Brooklyn lineup. I know an "A. Monk" who plays for the Brooklyn Windmills in Wellington. Coincidence?

Also, maidens not showing in the bowling figures. My player bowled a maiden over, yet it wasn't recorded in the stats.

Also also, had a caught & bowled, but it said c. H Davis b. H Davis rather than c & b H Davis.

Last edited:

tocg

Hey HeathDavisSpeed..

Let's call it a coincidence until Monkey say's something :P

Thanks for the maiden info, where abouts was it not showing up? In the bowlers figues in the match or in the stats?

I'll have a bit of a look but let me know if you view this post before I've fixed it up.

Re: the Caught and Bowled, that will be fixed up when I add in all the other wicket taking options. At the moment i've only got caught, and bowled but need to add in the remainders.

Cheers!
tocg

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Monkey finds out about it, he'll never shut up about it. Mind you, he never shuts up anyway. I played in a game where he got a hat-trick of run outs. Bet he's told you about it?

Anyway, no maidens were being recorded in the bowling figures on the scorecard.

tocg

haha... I haven't heard about that one. We could always change it up for another one of the Brooklyn massive, although, needing an attacking opener and having Monk in there seemed like a good idea :)

Cheers re: maidens again, i'll fix that up before the next release (which I hope to be able to get out tonight) - will repost when it's available.

Cheers cheers cheers - feel free to tell Monkey he's on here and I can remove him if he's not keen (although, he'll be keen) :)

tocg

tocg

Added some new images of the things I'm working on .. check them out | Facebook photos.

I'm getting through it and was hoping to get another upload up tonight but have too many things to get through. Will have an update by the end of the week, hopefully sooner.

cheers folks
tocg