• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

a game i want made...

outbreak

First Class Debutant
I've been playing alot of NBA 2k11 lately in My Player mode. For those who haven't seen it you basically make a player and play through his career playing through initial try outs and training camps and trying to get recruited into the NBA. You build you players skills and stats as you play and every game you only play your one player which forces you to play in position and defend and play proper basketball.

Playing this has really really made me wish a developer would make a cricket game that includes a mode like this. Cricket seems an ideal sport being so stats driven to make your own player and build him up over his career earning spots in domestic cricket through try outs, rewarded with IPL contracts and eventually aiming to play for your country.
Has anyone else ever wished for a game like this? Focusing on one player seems like it would make it alot more realistic as you would be more cautious and worried about your average (and skill points, in nba2k11 bad shots/passes whatever lower your grade for that match, cricket could do the same thing).

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I've been playing alot of NBA 2k11 lately in My Player mode. For those who haven't seen it you basically make a player and play through his career playing through initial try outs and training camps and trying to get recruited into the NBA. You build you players skills and stats as you play and every game you only play your one player which forces you to play in position and defend and play proper basketball.

Playing this has really really made me wish a developer would make a cricket game that includes a mode like this. Cricket seems an ideal sport being so stats driven to make your own player and build him up over his career earning spots in domestic cricket through try outs, rewarded with IPL contracts and eventually aiming to play for your country.
Has anyone else ever wished for a game like this? Focusing on one player seems like it would make it alot more realistic as you would be more cautious and worried about your average (and skill points, in nba2k11 bad shots/passes whatever lower your grade for that match, cricket could do the same thing).

Agree with this totally. I heard someone was making a similar game called Cricket life or something. Not sure though if we play as the player there or if it just is a simulation.

cpr

International Coach
Its quite a blind spot with game developers overall TBH, especially the big names. Look at football games, most are focus on the team, play season after season, build the squad etc. Only recently have the big names started putting in the build a player mode, and its more of an afterthough (eg Be a Legend in Pro Evo, similar in FIFA... Nothing in the likes of FM, which is the stat based football game). From a football sense, there are so many games out there, and only 1, namely New Star Soccer, has made a serious attempt at making a career based game. With such a paucity of professional cricket games, it doesnt surprise me no-one has taken this route.

tocg

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
theonlinecricketgame.com

Hey,

Have a look at The Online Cricket Game.

The game is in development but the concept is similar to what you mention above... it is a simulation (click to play), and not a graphics (i.e. run in and bowl) game though.

All input into how you want this game built is welcome.

I hope you enjoy
tocg