• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* RTS Games Thread

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Had a good time completing a Rise Of Nations - Thrones and Patriots campaign. I played as the Egyptians. Really should have completed it in fewer turns than 23, but it took me till almost two thirds of the way to realise that capturing an enemy capital gives you their entire empire. I was initially under the impression that I needed to conquer each and every nation individually.

South America was easiest to conquer. I thought I might have trouble getting through Asia given its size and multiple empires on the map, but the Indians made my job easier by eliminating the both the Chinese and the Russians, and so I found out I just needed to hop over and conquer Delhi to gain control over 80% of Asia in one fell swoop :happy:

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
Rise of Nations

Great game.
I haven't played it in years. To me it's almost the perfect game!
I used to like playing the one on one matches online.
That game does get your brain working.

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
GAmeplay?

Hello.

IT's not like the games you mentioned.

I would say STarcraft or Dawn of War or the Age of Empires series would be more similar in gameplay.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I once managed a 1 vs 3 (comp) victory on the 'Hard' setting in AOE3 a couple of months back. Does anyone have a similar experience?

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
DotA2 will be gun. Have played LoL for a grand total on 20 minutes though, thought it was alright but way too messy in mass fights.
I'll definitely give DotA 2 a try. It'll be interesting to see what happens with it in a legal sense. I think Blizzard will challenge Valve's right to use the DotA name considering it was originally built on their platform.

The thing I like about LoL more than DotA is how much more active it is. The map is smaller, abilities are on shorter CD with lower mana costs and mana pools are generally larger. It makes for a much more exciting game and considering DotA was always very passive particularly early it's a positive imo. The game's interface is very easy to use, and the addition of the ability power stat means that casters can scale in ways they wouldn't in DotA.

It's also free :)