• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phlegm's Half Arsed NZ Story Volume II

Flem274*

123/5
My old game got deleted during my old laptops fail a few months ago. I'm going to assume the world ended and as a result Nathan Anderson goes down as the second greatest after Bradman with an average of 77 after 40 tests. I don't think I'll ever get another like him.

Anyway, playing as NZ and once again skipping ODIs because there are too many and tests are way better. Lost to India 0-1 at home and drew 1-1 with Bangladesh, which had me fuming. However, all is well with the world because I just thumped Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka by 7 wickets.

My team was:

Martin Guptill (sux)
Peter Fulton (just picking up now)
Stephen Fleming (gun)
Peter Ingram (wildly inconsistent)
Jesse Ryder (gun)
Jacob Oram (decent bowling, woeful batting)
Brendon McCullum (good)
James Franklin (gun)
Daniel Vettori (average)
Bruce Martin
Shane Bond (average)

New Zealand in Sri Lanka-1st Test Match

New Zealand 575 all out

Jesse Ryder 213
Peter Fulton 134
Bruce Martin 66
Daniel Vettori 51

Ragana Herath 4/96
Murali 3/199

Sri Lanka 272 all out

Mahela Jayawardene 91
Chamara Silva 80

Jacob Oram 3/19
Shane Bond 3/71

Sri Lanka follow on.

Sri Lanka 457 all out

Michael Vandort 160*
Marvan Attupatu 85
Kumar Sangakkara 63

Bruce Martin 7/139
Shane Bond 2/101

New Zealand 153/3

Stephen Fleming 75*
Martin Guptill 33

About to play the second test. Take it home boys!

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As a hilarious aside, England won the 2006/07 Ashes 4-1.
:laugh:

Excellent start by your NZ team. Sounds like a splendid batting performance. A 7fer for Bruce Martin?! He's always been a bit poo for me in ICC.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Always love reading these ICC stories, looking forward to your progress with your new campaign. :) Very impressive win against SL, they're always tough!

Flem274*

123/5
Spitting. Tacks. Atm.

We. ****ed. Up.

1-1 series draw. Will post stats tomorrow. Flattest track in the history of flat tracks, and we didn't even bat last, and we had a fantastic second innings royal **** up.

Flem274*

123/5
It's funny really because in my old game I got used to pummelling most sides and I even starting pooing on SL when I played them here in NZ. India in India and Aussie in Aussie were the hard ones. England home and away could be tough or rather straight forward.

Damn I loved my spin twins, Trent Andrews and Hamish Evans. Kurt Moncur and Wade Garrett were quality too. A pity my bowling depth was utter ****e. Batting depth was amazing.

This current game is looking a bit tougher. Fulton averaged 52 for me over 100+ tests last time round. I'm going to persist with him for ages now.

Also need another opener. Tim Roth coming in at 18 and ****ing the Aussies over then continuing to average over 40 across 100 tests until my computer crash was a great stroke of luck. Wasn't my best batsman, but still the wondercareer in terms of being what every NZer wants to be. Teenage sensation smashing the Aussies, dramatic form loss and epic come back in his mid twenties, then captaining NZs greatest ever side. Good CD boy too.

Now it's back to the Fleming and Franklin show. At least Ryder is less frustrating this time round. Oram is ****e with the bat too, which is annoying because he saved my ass on so many occassions back in the day. Fulton starting to come good though. (y)

_Ed_

Ever tried Englefield? It's so random, but he's always been absolutely amazing for me in ICC2005 even though his FC average is sub-35. He's averaging 49.21 in Tests in my latest game.

Flem274*

123/5
No, but I might well do so.:D Give Pinga a run as well. I'm serious, not just being a fanboy. This is twice he's averaging over 40 for me, though he tends to deal in big hundreds and little scores.

Flem274*

123/5
Sri Lanka vs New Zealand: 2nd Test Match

New Zealand 369 all out

Stephen Fleming 68
Martin Guptill 57

Thilan Samaraweera 3/70
Gayan Wijekoon 2/12

Sri Lanka 436 all out

Michael Vandort 114
Thilan Samaraweera 83

Daniel Vettori 4/106
Jacob Oram 3/105

New Zealand 234 all out

Jesse Ryder 64
Peter Fulton 41

Thilan Samaraweera 4/62
Hasantha Fernando 3/42

Sri Lanka 169/2

Marvan Atapattu 80
Kumar Sangakkara 66

Bruce Martin 2/34

Sri Lanka win by 8 wickets.

ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

Flem274*

123/5
New Zealand in Bangladesh 2007: Three Day Friendly vs Dhaka

NZ Tour Match XI

Martin Guptill
Peter Fulton
Mathew Sinclair
Tim Lythe
Lou Vincent
Chris Cairns
Brendon McCullum
Bruce Martin
Shane Bond
Michael Mason
Iain O'Brien

New Zealand 400/5 dec.

Martin Guptill 135
Chris Cairns 115*

Anwar Hossain 2/89
Arafat Sunny 1/118

Dhaka 264 all out

Mohammed Asraful 99 (haha)
Al Sahariar 50

Bruce Martin 4/78
Shane Bond 3/35

New Zealand 94/2 dec.

Mathew Sinclair 44
Peter Fulton 40*

Anwar Hossain 1/29
Mohammed Rafique 1/33

Dhaka 192/8

Al Sahariar 74
Mehrab Hossain 19

Chris Cairns 5/55
Bruce Martin 2/66

Match drawn.

Mohammed Ashraful out for four weeks with a fracture courtesy of Cairns's second innings storm. That makes me very pleased.

Flem274*

123/5
What?

Anyway....

New Zealand in Bangladesh: 1st Test Match

Bangladesh 279 all out

Rajin Saleh 69
Eshanul Haque 59

James Franklin 4/45
Bruce Martin 3/102

New Zealand 318 all out

Brendon McCullum 117
Peter Fulton 75

Ahsanullah Hasan 5/77
Rezaul Haque 2/69

Bangladesh 99 all out

Habibul Bashar 23
Ahsanullah Hasan 17

James Franklin 5/42 plus injured Ahsanullah Hasan, their best bowler
Daniel Vettori 3/16

New Zealand 61/2

Martin Guptill 36*
Peter Fulton 12

Hasibul Hossain 1/14
Rezaul Haque 1/20

New Zealand win by 8 wickets.

Flem274*

123/5
The PhlegmIsAwesome Cricket Academy has identified talents from FC cricket. Here's the names outside the touring squad to watch out for:

Fast Bowlers

Mayu Pasupati: 75 wickets @ 24.43
Mark Gillespie: 211 wickets @ 24.83
Gareth Shaw: 113 wickets @ 25.08
Jeff Wilson: 181 wickets @ 25.90

Batsmen

Gene Andrews: 873 runs @ 43.65
Nick Horsley: 2891 runs @ 37.06
Jarrod Englefield: 3959 runs @ 34.13:ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
Bangladesh just ripped me to pieces in the first session of the second test. Guptill, Fleming, Ingram and Ryder gone in quick succession. Fulton is still there on 24* and Oram, who needs a big score because his batting has been dire for a while, on 22*. Currently 66/4 and at one point was 4/24.

Jesus Christ.

_Ed_

Blimey. So the pace bowlers got the wickets? It's usually those bloody spinners that tear me to shreds when I play Bangladesh.

Flem274*

123/5
Never to fear, Fulton was there.:cool:

Opener Plays to Fulton Potential

Peter Fulton scored a monstrous 225 off 638 balls to rescue New Zealand from an embarrassing 24/4 against Bangladesh on a pitch turning square.

Fulton's innings was characterised by solid defense and some glorious drives off the front foot. He gained support from the struggling Jacob Oram, who ground out 82 from 238 deliveries before nicking to Haque off the bowling of left arm spinner Arafat Sunny. The pair gritted their teeth and fought tooth and nail to add 165 for the 5th wicket.

But if Bangladesh thought the towering Oram's departure would lead to a Sunny rout of the New Zealand lower order, they thought wrong. Brendon McCullum played a handy knock of 30 before Daniel Vettori joined Fulton at the crease. The pair added 198 for the 7th wicket, with Vettori being run out by Fulton for 83. By then Fulton was cruising past the 200 mark, making the Bangladesh attack look like school boys.

New Zealand declared their innings at 458/9 after Fulton was caught by Islam off the bowling for Sunny.