• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Handed ball?

Maximus0723

State Regular
My friend claims that, after you have hit the ball and if the ball is rolling to hit your wicket, you can protect it with your HAND?

I need someone to refute it with some sort of site to back it up b.c he won't believe me.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeh wrong subforum but I'm sure someone will move it to the right place.

Short definition of handled ball includes "cricket rules allow the batsman to be given out if he willingly handles the ball with the hand that is not touching the bat without the consent of the opposition." In the situation you described thats obviously without the consent of the opposition so is against the rules.