• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain General Thread of Miscellany

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a good question actually. His FC stats haven't been that impressive, so he hasn't really caught my eye when I've been selecting teams. But he is amazing in ODIs, so maybe I should try him out.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I love the fact they introduced the Australian domestic scene, but it is seriously frustrating. You can't choose your Twenty20 players, the squads are absurdly small and ****ing Suresh Raina who has wasted a spot as a T20 player all year has gone on international duty after one game. ****ing hell.
I'm not sure what their plans are for the next version but I'd love for the contracts for the Australian domestic games to be done the same way as the English domestic games. Agreed that its a bit restrictive on this version with your squad selections.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In my Glamorgan save, one of my players Ian Mutch has had an exceptional start to his career... hadn't really noticed but he has 50 FC wickets @ 20 and then 50 OD wickets @ ~13 IIRC.

Jarquis

Got promoted in FC for the second time with Glamorgan, just started the 2016 season.
Promotion last year game mainly off the back of Adil Rashid who finished with 102 wickets @ 19.8 in only 14 matches. Ian Mutch still carried on picking up wickets, as did James Harris.
The only games I lost were when Harris and Rashid got called up for England, I coped when Harris got called up earlier in the year but losing the pair of them was too much for my prank backup bowlers to handle.
Jamie Dalrymple has finally called it a day, not that he contributed much outside of my first 3 seasons. Just when somebody needed a rest really.

Finished my first day in Division 1 330/0, Andrew Gale 152* on his debut for the club, Gareth Rees 144* being as gun as ever.
Won the 50 over cup last year as well.

High hopes this year, have one of the strongest XIs in the Division despite being newly promoted. Couldn't afford an overseas but that's not a problem as I've not had one for the last 2 seasons and the last one I did have was Dan Cullen who was absolutely ****.

_Ed_

Have to wonder if this guy did something to deeply offend one of the selectors.

Best FC average in the world in my game, and he hasn't been in the England squad for two years. :huh: They're persisting with the rather aged Vaughan, Trescothick and Key instead. Bizarre stuff.

Attachments

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Have to wonder if this guy did something to deeply offend one of the selectors.

Best FC average in the world in my game, and he hasn't been in the England squad for two years. :huh: They're persisting with the rather aged Vaughan, Trescothick and Key instead. Bizarre stuff.
Haha, that's actually really realistic. Crap one day player and good FC player gets picked in one day cricket and looks absolutely gash, gets dropped from both forms despite doing okay in two Tests. Continues to plunder runs in First Class cricket but it's not televised so there's no big push while he continues to look average in one day games and never gets a recall.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The aggression settings in this game are a ****ing joke. ODI matches, often have batsmen settled in batting on 5 bars (aggressive) but are striking at a rate of 60-70, so up the aggression bar 1 notch and suddenly they start playing and missing then get out. ****ing sick of getting to the 30 over mark being 2-120 or so then trying to score quickly and pretty much always lose the following batsmen quickly and we finish up all out 180-200. If I try and bat aggressively in the earlier overs I often lose wickets quickly and be 5-60 at after ten.

Same goes for Tests sometimes too. Will start batsmen out on v.defensive but once they're settled and I try putting them on 2 or 3 bars and they get out almost straight away. Deadset ****ing bull****.

Jarquis

In Tests I go one bar from the start to two when they are fully settled to 3 when the reach a number of runs where I feel they're settled. Between 70-100 usually.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
The aggression settings in this game are a ****ing joke. ODI matches, often have batsmen settled in batting on 5 bars (aggressive) but are striking at a rate of 60-70, so up the aggression bar 1 notch and suddenly they start playing and missing then get out. ****ing sick of getting to the 30 over mark being 2-120 or so then trying to score quickly and pretty much always lose the following batsmen quickly and we finish up all out 180-200. If I try and bat aggressively in the earlier overs I often lose wickets quickly and be 5-60 at after ten.

Same goes for Tests sometimes too. Will start batsmen out on v.defensive but once they're settled and I try putting them on 2 or 3 bars and they get out almost straight away. Deadset ****ing bull****.
I can see your frustration, and theres certainly been matches where I've hoped to make 250+ after a good start in ODIs only to reach around 200. I'm not sure what side you're playing with, but I find in ICC in internationals against good bowling attacks (particularly subcontinent spinners) increasing the tempo, especially for new batsmen, isn't that easy. I think the balance is about right - I guess you can't expect to belt 150 off the final 20 overs of an ODI every time, and when it does come off everything seems to fall into place.

NZTailender

I can see your frustration, and theres certainly been matches where I've hoped to make 250+ after a good start in ODIs only to reach around 200. I'm not sure what side you're playing with, but I find in ICC in internationals against good bowling attacks (particularly subcontinent spinners) increasing the tempo, especially for new batsmen, isn't that easy. I think the balance is about right - I guess you can't expect to belt 150 off the final 20 overs of an ODI every time, and when it does come off everything seems to fall into place.
Playing 2010 edition with New Zealand (on normal). In the past I've experienced this problem but it was balanced out with better ODI performances, getting 300+ once every 3 games or so. With this game it's been every innings at least 4 batsmen will get out within 2 overs of upping it.

Maybe I just suck though. Probably more likely :cool:

_Ed_

Haha, that's actually really realistic. Crap one day player and good FC player gets picked in one day cricket and looks absolutely gash, gets dropped from both forms despite doing okay in two Tests. Continues to plunder runs in First Class cricket but it's not televised so there's no big push while he continues to look average in one day games and never gets a recall.
:laugh:
True.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
For those who hadn't heard, the iPod/iPhone/iPad version has been released onto the app store.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Be interesting to hear some reviews about how the game runs on those applications - don't have any of those fancy pieces of technology so unable to test it out myself.

NZTailender

Had a run out off a free hit today (we were fielding). First time I've seen it happen in game and indeed anywhere.

pskov

International 12th Man
In my England game in 09 this guy is the mainstay of my middle order. Has anyone seen a player with a better conversion rate? He's like the anti-Shane Watson.

Attachments