• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain General Thread of Miscellany

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh's decent on ICC in my New Zealand games after a few years of progress - the game engine has traditionally been pretty kind for spinners and so by playing a spin bowling army they're a tough opposition to beat in later years.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't remember the name of the second opener I found, only a young lad but averaging ~ 50 after ~12 Tests.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bangladesh's decent on ICC in my New Zealand games after a few years of progress - the game engine has traditionally been pretty kind for spinners and so by playing a spin bowling army they're a tough opposition to beat in later years.
Yeah - Hasan, Razzak and Sunny are all amazing.

Playing as NZ, they beat me once in a home Test series!

Jarquis

Shakib's a major flop with me. Averages about 20 with the bat and 40 with the ball. Dire.
Oh and Mahmudullah being a medium pacer is ghey.

Jarquis

Currently in the WC semi final. Beat Ireland, UAE, South Africa and England in the group stage. Losing to Aus by 6 wickets and SL by one run. Finished 3rd in the group.
Beat Pakistan in the quarters, and am now up against Australia (Y).
Naeem Islam WAG.

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
In my england game it is raining spinners. I have 3 leg spinners who are averaging under 28, and Swann who is still quite good, I have a couple other young off spinners who look promising. But I'm having a hard time with fast bowlers. I have Broad who averages around 30-31 but he is getting old and I can't for the life of me find another regular fast bowler who can average under 35. I'm also unable to find a decent keeper-batsman, the keeper position in my team is a constant revolving door. If I can find a keeper who can average in 30s and a fastbowler who averages under 30 I'll be happy.

andyc

On ICC 2005, successfully defended 74 in an ODI against Pakistan. Was a belter of a pitch too, IIRC.

nibbs

International Captain
download the trail.

the whole interface is very disappointing, and the 3d replays are just as bad. definitely prefer the old set up

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I am currently playing ICC 2006 ashes edition. Does anyone here have an idea on changing the fixtures? It is irritating that I play India only in a 2 test series when we are the best teams by far.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was having a look at stats of players from other teams in my NZ game, and I had to do a double take when I saw this. Seriously?!

Attachments

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Gee, 500 test wickets aged 27, and at that average...wouldn't have predicted Tino Best to have achieved anything near that mark.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm indeed. Given I've played ICC since the 2002 version came out and I've ordered the 2010 game I'm not sure how I made that mistake...

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Playing Cricket Captain 2008..
Lost to Sri Lanka in the semi finals..defendind 227..

Sri Lanka go onto to lose to England who win the World Cup for the first time lol

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
2010 arrived. A few screenshots, two of my very first match on the version, limiting Cardiff to 46/8 in the final session of the match (three-day friendlies on the new version); the other being the substitute fielder for James Hildreth taking four catches in an innings which I can't ever remember happening to me before.

Very impressed with the new game so far though - not so convinced about all these T20 matches but that does reflect real life I suppose.

Attachments

Last edited: