• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain General Thread of Miscellany

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's unusual!

I was really excited in my ICC 2005 game. I thrashed Australia by 10 wickets in the 1st Test, so was looking for a series win in Australia in the 2nd and final Test.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what you call a choke.

Attachments

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia's always been tough to beat with New Zealand in ICC - I remember in my ICC 3 game as New Zealand, we still lost when Australia chased down more than 500 to win a test.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Played an online game with a Sussex team I developed yesterday. We scored 312 batting first but that was boosted by a 'W Ryder' going for 102 runs off his ten overs. First time I've managed to hit a bowler for more than 100 in a one day match on the new version. We ended up winning the match by 50 runs.

Attachments

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Bout par for Wright there.

How do you find Yardy as a player? I remember picking him up on the transfer market early on in one of my Yorkshire games, ended up turning him into a pretty useful player.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Bout par for Wright there.

How do you find Yardy as a player? I remember picking him up on the transfer market early on in one of my Yorkshire games, ended up turning him into a pretty useful player.
I'm actually only in my second season with that Sussex team, and we only have 15 genuine players because I spent all the money on bringing quality players (admittedly Luke Wright's pushing that theory) and filled the other three spots with youth players. Yardy in the first season was really good, scored runs at important times especially in the one day format. He'd bat higher but I didn't want him opening, and positions 3-7 are effectively filled.

cpr

International Coach
Nice bit of batting here, easily the best i've managed in 20/20

Wasnt even in decent form going into the match either.......

Attachments

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, thats an incredible innings for a 20 over match - I've never managed above 110 let alone 164 with a single player in 20-20. Bit ironic that Cross at the other end for the entire innings couldn't even pass 50!

_Ed_

That's sensational. Do you remember how many balls the 100 took, by any chance?

_Ed_

Haha, wow. Never seen that many!

I just had a game against Kenya in the World Cup in my ICC 2005 game. Won it by 6 wickets, so no worries there, but this guy gave us a bit of a pounding.

Admittedly I arrogantly went into the game with only four bowlers and so was using Astle and McMillan at the death, but still. He smashed 30 off the last two overs of the innings.

Attachments

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats not exactly what you want when you're looking for an easy victory in a World Cup over a lesser opponent! Good win in the end though I guess.

Edit: Just while we're on quick 50s, I found one of my fastest back on ICC 2002 with Gibbs taking just 20 balls to pass 50 against Canada in the 2003 World Cup.

Attachments

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, that's bizarre.

Picking Ellis, I mean.
I was just testing New Zealand players by selecting squads made up of players from each province and playing them in international ODI series - that Canterbury side lost 3-0 to the West Indies, and after his performance in the series, no, I won't be picking Ellis any time soon on a proper game. ;)

For the record, I had Auckland beat Pakistan in one ODI and Wellington smashed South Africa in another, but that was about it in terms of success.

Last edited: