Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: International Cricket Captain General Thread of Miscellany

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Story of NZ cricket isn't it
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Indeed it is
    Proudly supports New Zealand & The Volts!

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Have to ask though, is that on easy or normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakester1288 View Post
    It's either easy, or an editor, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yeh In my games so far Hughes has been brilliant (as in test average around 60) but thats on normal.
    I actually believe the screenshot posted of Hughes is genuine. I received ICC 2009 today and have just been testing the scenarios - Twenty20 World Cup with New Zealand wasn't a massive success - but my other scenario, the 2009 Ashes with me playing as Australia, produced some interesting feats, not least Hughes. He scored 360 in the fourth test after we followed on, after two other centuries in the first and third tests of the series. He averages 109 going into the final test, so given that the English bowling attack was reasonable, I can see how someone could've produced an average in the 90s over his career with some of the other sides like Zimbabwe, West Indies, New Zealand and Bangladesh likely to gift him easy runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia_Nz View Post
    Has anybody for a decent starting XI with NZ? and any tips for OD bowling/batting, I always get smashed and when i chase i get mowed down for like 150-200 runs... I change the bowling lenghts but it doesnt seem to help, same happens in t20, i collapse like the real NZ team, it's rather pathetic
    I've played with New Zealand a lot on previous versions and I find that if we don't take wickets early on it can very difficult to defend targets, no matter how large it is. For a while I used the strategy of bowling first irrespective of the pitch, attacking early for early wickets and then defending as much as possible for the next 30 or so overs, hoping the opposition would make their own mistakes. Like in real life, sometimes it works and sometimes the match is as good as over when you need to chase 250-300 with a somewhat average batting lineup. Twenty20 matches with the New Zealand side on recent versions have been disasterous for me, though the same applies in terms of wickets being the key to victory.

When i played Aus, he scored three 200's in a row, the game he didnt score 200 i think he scored lke 100. I got smased in that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    I actually believe the screenshot posted of Hughes is genuine. I received ICC 2009 today and have just been testing the scenarios - Twenty20 World Cup with New Zealand wasn't a massive success - but my other scenario, the 2009 Ashes with me playing as Australia, produced some interesting feats, not least Hughes. He scored 360 in the fourth test after we followed on, after two other centuries in the first and third tests of the series. He averages 109 going into the final test, so given that the English bowling attack was reasonable, I can see how someone could've produced an average in the 90s over his career with some of the other sides like Zimbabwe, West Indies, New Zealand and Bangladesh likely to gift him easy runs.
    I've started playing with Aus, and in the first series i've played, VS England. Hughes got 398(Vs MCC, Which kinda doesnt count...) 76 & 122 in the first test, 35 & 369 in the second test. still got three tests togo but his screenshot could be genuine, my games on normal aswell

International 12th Man
    Just won all four trophies as Surrey in 2012. It's the first time I've ever done the quadruple on any version of ICC, which is odd because I feel that I've had a couple of better sides than this one on previous versions but that's just the way it goes I guess. It probably helped that I didn't have any significant international call-ups (just Yuvraj in the IPL and Moon for one ODI series at the start of the season).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    For the NZ woes, I found it pretty easy to get a decent side together. The only variable in the side below is Sinclair, because in one of my games he's awful and in another he's freaking Godlike. But this team works in ICC 06 at least:

Peter Fulton
    Mathew Horne/Martin Guptill/I had to wait for a good regen
    Stephen Fleming
    Mathew Sinclair/Peter Ingram/Tim Lythe/Ross Taylor (all three are very good)
    Jesse Ryder
    Jacob Oram
    Brendan McCullum/Mathew Sinclair
    James Franklin
    Daniel Vettori
    Shane Bond
    Kyle Mills/Tuffey/Gillespie/regen

All those batsmen averaged in the 40s, with Fulton in the 60s for most of his career. All of those bowlers have averaged in the 20s in at least one of my two games.
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

West Indies aren't quite the force they used to be, but bowling them out for 34 is a new low...

Also proof that sixes have most definitely increased in the more recent versions of the series, have managed five in an innings twice now.

Two more, with Zander de Bruyn not having a great deal of fortune when approaching three figures, and an exciting county championship victory.

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Recently went back to an old game on ICC08 after struggling to get into one on 2009. After an ordinary first spell, WA's Ben Carlson came back on and tore through the Windies in an awesome spell of 2.3-1-2-7!

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    This is also from many years earlier where Beau Casson snared a wicket with his first two balls in ODIs.

One for the statisticians - I wonder if four players have ever scored centuries in a first class innings and their scores were all consecutive to each other...

That's unusual!

I was really excited in my ICC 2005 game. I thrashed Australia by 10 wickets in the 1st Test, so was looking for a series win in Australia in the 2nd and final Test.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what you call a choke.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information