• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain General Thread of Miscellany

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Still better than Rubel Hossain
Former Test captains must love the fact that Rubel exists. Part-timers who bowled semi-regularly (as opposed to just once or twice in a career) usually ended up with averages of 40-60, even if they were obviously worse as bowlers then Rubel is. Rubel averaging 80 with the ball over an extended period shows captains have in fact used part-timers really well to get them averages of probably as low as half what they'd be if they were frontline bowlers and had to shoulder a full bowling load.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Seriously, the fact that someone who bats #11 has managed to play 26 Tests for a bowling average of 80 is one of the most ridiculous things in the history of all cricket anywhere.

No signs he'll stop being picked any time soon either; he played his 26th only two weeks ago.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea I actually take a lot of pride that my part time spinner on Stumped, who is significantly ****tier than all my other bowlers, has like 50 wickets at less than 20 with a nice economy rate in his career. Means I'm bowling him at the right times.

More people should play Stumped it's really good.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Next game. Rashid Khan's away on international duty so someone else delivers the last over win!:laugh:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Just signed Kohli for TN because Delhi couldn't afford him and also because I cheated to give myself unlimited money.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Picked up a youth 2 seasons ago by the name of Chris Gayle- allrounder
RFM+rhb

Doing good so far:

Last edited:

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Picking Northern districts in this is kind of op but also really annoying cos half the team goes on international duty at once and comes back with poor form

_Ed_

Ireland and Afghanistan being playable teams was the only new feature that appealed to me. Haven't decided yet whether that makes it worth the money.

cnerd123

likes this
Is anyone playing ICC 2018 on mobile?

If so, is it significantly different to PC? Can I still play online against PC users?

Top_Cat

My latest game when playing ICC 2017 is picking out ambient sounds that repeat over and over as the crowd sound sample repeats. So far I've picked out three:

- a pokie machine
- an older Australian gent saying "Bowled"
- a sheep bleating

Once you hear them, you can't un-hear them. Ever.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Just had one of my youth bowlers selected for T20Is before they've played a single game for me...