• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain General Thread of Miscellany

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So I've brought a talented young'un into my Surrey FC team. He's doing well, but you could say he's just having a few issues converting his starts into big scores...

Howe_zat

Audio File
So I've brought a talented young'un into my Surrey FC team. He's doing well, but you could say he's just having a few issues converting his starts into big scores...
Need to have a word with him before he bleaches his hair and starts refusing to do homework.

_Ed_

Haha, yes.

It's six fifties in eight innings now, still with a highest of 60.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Have decided to give ICCaptain another try after 3 years. Never really got into Battrick and the 2012 version is only 6 dollars now plus it can be played on laptop while in bed :)

Is the game broken if in the first match of the 2012 ENGvSA series, SA v Kent, Duminy takes 6 wickets and Steyn none? Most of the time I left his bowling and field settings on auto. I mean Dale is better than that surely?

priyanshuu

Cricket Spectator
LOVE is the most beautiful feeling which is ever felt by a human being.....the person who fall in love with someone knows that how it feels when we lose our beloved one or could not get them.........and he/she can understands only that pain which is unbearable and which is is caused by that misery.....so to overcome this problem many vashikaran techniques have been introduced by the various practitioners of this field!!!!!!

cpr

International Coach
Talk about getting my hopes up, Season 1 20/20 game, batted poorly so left needing to defend 5 off the last 4 balls, use my young youth player (signed at start of S1) who's coming on leaps and bounds, a true RF bowler.

He so nearly won the game in style

Screenshot 2014-11-29 20.34.56.jpg

jan

State Vice-Captain
My first ever test match in ICC2014 and the fat slob grabs ten wickets.
No complete scorecard show & save feature and no bastman's preferences on the main screen...

Attachments

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
that layout looks great compared to ICC 2013

I really want to play the 98 and 99 versions again. I preferred that animation to be honest, looked way less tacky

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
Is it bad form to dig up this thread? I've played ICC2012 for a decent period of time and my Australia & Durham save and have a load of great stories/scenarios. I might also start a new game on ICC2014 with Bangladesh and see what I can do.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
not at all, I love these games. I still really wish there was a way to play with the 98/99 county roster. On an emulator or something

morgieb

not at all, I love these games. I still really wish there was a way to play with the 98/99 county roster. On an emulator or something
You can find the first few ICC's on eBay or the UK Amazon site if you want. To run the original though you need something like a Virtual PC or the Virtual Box and install a copy of Windows 98.

On that note, given I'm a completist nerd, I actually bought ICC 2. Now only the original missing from my collection.

_Ed_

ICC2 was so good. A huge step forward from the original, and probably the game I spent the most time playing of any in the whole series.