Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: International Cricket Captain General Thread of Miscellany

jan
    Thanks Daemon .)

By "the version" you mean demo or 2011 edition?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Darn, at his age, I didn't know one needed to insert and ejaculate manship in womanship to create childship!
    left-handed batsman, any fastbowler's bunny, grainy low-res streams watcher

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    2011 edition, since there aren't any editors 'officially' released for it as of yet.

Though even with an editor all you can do is change the names and the abilities of the players, so you could take England and edit all the players into mixed internationals and play them against an edited Australia team, but the series would still be called the Ashes.

Up to 2052-53 season now and just had a monster tour of Pakistan.

Scored 1000+ against them - my first 1000+ score since 2029 season when I scored four figures against New Zealand and then Pakistan. Then I beat them by over 1000 runs in the 3rd test. Both were also my biggest wins in tests that I can recall.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Crazy Sam; 16-11-2011 at 01:40 AM.
    Andrew Symonds 143*

Wow, that's amazing!

I just had this devastating loss in my new NZ game in ICC2011. I needed 143 to win in the last session on the fifth day, and I had five wickets in hand - decided to go for it.

It hurts.

So close!!

One of my players just scored the highest individual test score in my game - 452 at home vs Bangladesh. Previous best was Phil Hughes about 40 seasons prior with 405.

The player that scored it was the only one in my top 5 yet to score a triple century (A. Savage, from the screens I posted above). My top 5 bats are very strong, although I just played through an ashes series in England and they've just got a new batsmen averaging 80+ :O scored 6 centuries against me in that test series.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Reasonable start to my Somerset career on ICC 2011...

wow smashed them :O

Here's a list of my highest test partnerships... I finally beat all the 'old' ones. The last to fall was Bradman/Barnes 405 for the 5th wicket from 1946, 110 "seasons" later!

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Haha, nice going! How did you manage 300+ for the 10th wicket, I can't recall getting much more than 100 for the 10th wicket in any of my saves - did you get regen allrounders batting down to number 11?

I got pummelled by Middlesex here. But I thought Wood's decent solo effort was worth posting.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    I've got two saves that have gone past a year each in ICC 2010.

Somerset Game:
    First match, Trescothick scores 300* and CK makes 170 as we run up 5/607 against Cardiff UCCE. Mike Munday then takes 9 wickets as they fall for 86 and 117 all out - innings and 404 run victory.

Later in that season, in a Challenge Trophy match against the Unicorns, Trescothick and pinch-hitter Alfonso Thomas chase down 157 for no loss. Thomas makes 91*(80).

In a Twenty/20 vs Hampshire, Murali Kartik takes a hat-trick - all LBW. We still lose the match.

End of season stats: Won CC, CT. Trescothick's 300 the highest score. Also takes the total runs award with 2541. Mike Munday takes 87 wickets for the season, but is beaten by Matthew Hoggard, who took 102 for his side.

Next season, in a T20 vs Surrey, a spinner (I'm assuming the recently-signed Borthwick) takes 5 wickets in an over. WWW!WW is the over commentary. All were to the bowler.

Nick Compton has turned into a batting all-rounder, playing as a front-line off spinner as well as opening the batting. Got a couple of decent regens, both in the batting and bowling, and our spin combination of Munday/Tahir/Borthwick/Waller is unparalleled in county cricket. Ben Stokes has done nothing, and I can't wait to get rid of him at the end of the year. Jeet Raval and Iain O'Brien have been good T20 signings though.

New Zealand Game:
    In 2012, NZ is 2nd in the world in ODIs yet hasn't moved from 7th in Tests despite not losing a series since 2010.

Team for the 2nd test vs RSA, 2012:

Jeet Raval (10 matches, 858 @ 57.20, HS 231*)
    Joshua Brodie (4 matches, 269 @ 53.80)
    Jesse Ryder
    Anaru Kitchen (Debut, FC batting average of 47.02)
    Cameron Merchant (5 matches, 249 @ 49.8)
    Sam Aimson (Regen, LHB and LFM. 6 matches, 304 @ 43.43, inc. 161 on debut. 16 wickets at 41.81)
    Kruger van Wyk (2 matches, 47 @ 47)
    Daniel Vettori
    Colin de Grandhomme (4 matches, 135 @ 45, HS 99, 14 wickets @ 30.86)
    Kyle Mills
    Brent Arnel

Third seamer slot, keeper and #4 cause for concern. Brendon McCullum was dire for over a year, so I dropped him for de Boorder, who was averaging 90 for the season at FC level. Couldn't score a run. van Wyk had been a part of the ODI side for a while, so he got the nod. Southee was terrible, some young guys I picked didn't perform, and Arnel was bowling too well at FC level to ignore. He's still s*** though.

Williamson currently out injured, Kitchen was his replacement. Todd Astle plays on pretty much any pitch that isn't 'poor for spin', in place of Arnel. Ross Taylor couldn't score a run and became a passenger in the side, Guptill either scored 195 or 0, Boult it developing nicely and Franklin is in and out of the side. Decent bench strength in most areas, bar fast bowling. My quicks are dire, hopefully Boult turns into a quality international player. Mills and Vettori the two most consistent bowlers - Flem would like to hear that Mills is now test class taking 21 @ 19 last year, and Vettori took 20 @ 20 in 3 tests, and has 37 @ 25 so far this year.
    My sworn enemy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I give out points for style of which Steve(n) Smith has none.

Cricket Spectator
    Have this on my phone, playing with Australia, started off 1 test ranked side, beat Sri Lanka 3-0 away, then draw with south Africa 0-0 there, and after that I droped to 2nd rank, then draw with new Zealand 1-1 then beat India 1-0 and managed to drop to 3rd, these ranking systems make no sence

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Did the teams who went to #1 and #2 win a lot of series?

Cricket Spectator
    England beat Pakistan(8th) 2-1, and south Africa had the draw with me

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Sounds about right then, as those 2 series will replace previous series (presumably an Aus win over SA and England not beating Pakistan)
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Update on the NZ Game - just beat South Africa 1-0 in the 3 match series. de Grandhomme and Vettori taking wickets, a debuting Bates doing well and Aimson scoring a double ton. Kid looks like he's going to form the crux of the side for the next decade or so.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information