• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain General Thread of Miscellany

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
What does your squad look like now Crazy Sam? Playing until 2045 is incredible.

My longest save is with Australian in ICC 2005. I have played until 2021 and I must have sunk over 250+ hours into that save.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Just in the 4th Ashes test at the moment, and in overcast conditions managed to cause an epic collapse from England on day 2 in their response to my 271.

In fairness I lost my last 7 for 50 runs, though that's not as bad as losing 10 for 59 after a big opening stand :P

Attachments

jan

State Vice-Captain
Two brief questions about the game, my second attempt to get into it thru 2011 demo.

Can I create a mixed nationality team to compete in a series?
The time the actual match is played can be skipped or do I have to use the PLAY OVER and/or AUTO button all the time?

Cheers .)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can either skip the whole match, or use the auto-play/play over option. I personally play over by over, just hit spacebar repeatedly and step in for bowling changes and field adjustments.

As for the first question, you can't with the version you're using.

Daemon

2011 edition, since there aren't any editors 'officially' released for it as of yet.

Though even with an editor all you can do is change the names and the abilities of the players, so you could take England and edit all the players into mixed internationals and play them against an edited Australia team, but the series would still be called the Ashes.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Up to 2052-53 season now and just had a monster tour of Pakistan.

Scored 1000+ against them - my first 1000+ score since 2029 season when I scored four figures against New Zealand and then Pakistan. Then I beat them by over 1000 runs in the 3rd test. Both were also my biggest wins in tests that I can recall.

Attachments

Last edited:

_Ed_

Wow, that's amazing!

I just had this devastating loss in my new NZ game in ICC2011. I needed 143 to win in the last session on the fifth day, and I had five wickets in hand - decided to go for it.

It hurts. :(

Attachments

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
So close!!

One of my players just scored the highest individual test score in my game - 452 at home vs Bangladesh. Previous best was Phil Hughes about 40 seasons prior with 405.

The player that scored it was the only one in my top 5 yet to score a triple century (A. Savage, from the screens I posted above). My top 5 bats are very strong, although I just played through an ashes series in England and they've just got a new batsmen averaging 80+ :O scored 6 centuries against me in that test series.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
wow smashed them :O

Here's a list of my highest test partnerships... I finally beat all the 'old' ones. The last to fall was Bradman/Barnes 405 for the 5th wicket from 1946, 110 "seasons" later!

Attachments

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, nice going! How did you manage 300+ for the 10th wicket, I can't recall getting much more than 100 for the 10th wicket in any of my saves - did you get regen allrounders batting down to number 11?

_Ed_

I got pummelled by Middlesex here. But I thought Wood's decent solo effort was worth posting.

Attachments

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I've got two saves that have gone past a year each in ICC 2010.

Somerset Game:
First match, Trescothick scores 300* and CK makes 170 as we run up 5/607 against Cardiff UCCE. Mike Munday then takes 9 wickets as they fall for 86 and 117 all out - innings and 404 run victory.

Later in that season, in a Challenge Trophy match against the Unicorns, Trescothick and pinch-hitter Alfonso Thomas chase down 157 for no loss. Thomas makes 91*(80).

In a Twenty/20 vs Hampshire, Murali Kartik takes a hat-trick - all LBW. We still lose the match.

End of season stats: Won CC, CT. Trescothick's 300 the highest score. Also takes the total runs award with 2541. Mike Munday takes 87 wickets for the season, but is beaten by Matthew Hoggard, who took 102 for his side.

Next season, in a T20 vs Surrey, a spinner (I'm assuming the recently-signed Borthwick) takes 5 wickets in an over. WWW!WW is the over commentary. All were to the bowler.

Nick Compton has turned into a batting all-rounder, playing as a front-line off spinner as well as opening the batting. Got a couple of decent regens, both in the batting and bowling, and our spin combination of Munday/Tahir/Borthwick/Waller is unparalleled in county cricket. Ben Stokes has done nothing, and I can't wait to get rid of him at the end of the year. Jeet Raval and Iain O'Brien have been good T20 signings though.

New Zealand Game:
In 2012, NZ is 2nd in the world in ODIs yet hasn't moved from 7th in Tests despite not losing a series since 2010.

Team for the 2nd test vs RSA, 2012:

Jeet Raval (10 matches, 858 @ 57.20, HS 231*)
Joshua Brodie (4 matches, 269 @ 53.80)
Jesse Ryder
Anaru Kitchen (Debut, FC batting average of 47.02)
Cameron Merchant (5 matches, 249 @ 49.8)
Sam Aimson (Regen, LHB and LFM. 6 matches, 304 @ 43.43, inc. 161 on debut. 16 wickets at 41.81)
Kruger van Wyk (2 matches, 47 @ 47)
Daniel Vettori
Colin de Grandhomme (4 matches, 135 @ 45, HS 99, 14 wickets @ 30.86)
Kyle Mills
Brent Arnel

Third seamer slot, keeper and #4 cause for concern. Brendon McCullum was dire for over a year, so I dropped him for de Boorder, who was averaging 90 for the season at FC level. Couldn't score a run. van Wyk had been a part of the ODI side for a while, so he got the nod. Southee was terrible, some young guys I picked didn't perform, and Arnel was bowling too well at FC level to ignore. He's still s*** though.

Williamson currently out injured, Kitchen was his replacement. Todd Astle plays on pretty much any pitch that isn't 'poor for spin', in place of Arnel. Ross Taylor couldn't score a run and became a passenger in the side, Guptill either scored 195 or 0, Boult it developing nicely and Franklin is in and out of the side. Decent bench strength in most areas, bar fast bowling. My quicks are dire, hopefully Boult turns into a quality international player. Mills and Vettori the two most consistent bowlers - Flem would like to hear that Mills is now test class taking 21 @ 19 last year, and Vettori took 20 @ 20 in 3 tests, and has 37 @ 25 so far this year.

youngman

Cricket Spectator
Have this on my phone, playing with Australia, started off 1 test ranked side, beat Sri Lanka 3-0 away, then draw with south Africa 0-0 there, and after that I droped to 2nd rank, then draw with new Zealand 1-1 then beat India 1-0 and managed to drop to 3rd, these ranking systems make no sence

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sounds about right then, as those 2 series will replace previous series (presumably an Aus win over SA and England not beating Pakistan)

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Update on the NZ Game - just beat South Africa 1-0 in the 3 match series. de Grandhomme and Vettori taking wickets, a debuting Bates doing well and Aimson scoring a double ton. Kid looks like he's going to form the crux of the side for the next decade or so.