Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 425
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: International Cricket Captain General Thread of Miscellany

  1. #196
    Global Moderator Somerset's Avatar
    Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    I'll do you one better, unfortunately it was Essex who were given this youth player with a second team average of 102!
    Heres an even better second team batting average - a massive 104.61, though again unfortunately he doesn't play for my team:
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #197
    International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,113
    Booted up my old version of ICC2005, and found my Australian career. I don't believe I have played this version in three or four years.

    I will share the details of this career, as I believe it to be my best ICC save. I was going to post screenshots, but it has become too messy.

    Year: 2021

    World Rankings:

    Test:

    Australia
    Pakistan
    India
    Bangladesh
    Sri Lanka
    England
    New Zealand
    South Africa
    West Indies
    Zimbabwe

    In typical ICC fashion, the Asian teams are all very strong. Somewhat of a surprise though it is not spin bowlers that dominate the game. The success of teams like India and Bangladesh are actually built on fantastic pace attacks.

    ODI:

    Australia
    West Indies
    Sri Lanka
    India
    England
    Pakistan
    New Zealand
    Bangladesh
    South Africa
    Zimbabwe

    Australian Team

    Barry Popplewell
    59 Tests, 6164 Runs @ 70.05, 19 x 100's, 23 x 50's
    94 ODI, 3916 Runs @ 45.05, 8 x 100's, 21 x 50's

    Amazingly only the third or fourth strongest batsman in my side

    Geoffrey Jefferson
    156 Tests, 19511 Runs @ 84.46, 68 x 100's, 65 x 50's
    231 ODI, 10489 Runs @ 50.92, 28 x 100's, 58 x 50's

    The Bradman of my side. Easily the greatest player I have ever had in any ICC career.

    Robert Forrest
    7 Tests, 576 Runs @ 72.00, 3 x 100's, 1 x 50's
    1 ODI, 40 Runs @ 40.00

    A player for the future.

    Dean May
    146 Tests, 14793 Runs @ 69.45, 55 x 100's, 51 x 50's, 275 Wickets @ 37.47, 8 x 5i
    183 ODI, 6419 Runs @ 44.58, 9 x 100's, 43 x 50's, 155 Wickets @ 31.01, 1 x 5i

    The Sobers of my side. Funnily enough he isn't classed as an all-rounder, he is an opening batsman. Spent the majority of his career opening with Jefferson, and often playing as the sole specialist spinner. May bowls very useful off-spinners, and when he has form will slip into the Top 10 bowlers in the world.

    Greg Fish
    59 Tests, 4301 Runs @ 67.20, 12 x 100's, 25 x 50's
    78 ODI, 2291 Runs @ 47.73, 2 x 100's, 14 x 50's

    Dependable middle-order batsman. Overshadowed by the heavy run-scorers above him in the order.

    Tom Gratrix
    83 Tests, 5297 Runs @ 53.50, 19 x 100's, 20 x 50's
    157 ODI, 4120 Runs @ 30.98, 3 x 100's, 21 x 50's

    One of my favourite batsmen. He never deserved to debut when first selected, Gratrix had a low 30's first class batting average and I only wanted him as he was the only decent batsman with a 'very aggressive' approach. He has turned into a wonderful counter-attacking batsman at 6. The perfect player to have bat after Jefferson, May, Popplewell and Fish have piled on the runs. Always scores close to a run a ball.

    Tim Danvers
    98 Tests, 3460 Runs @ 38.88, 6 x 100's, 14 x 50's, 225 Catches, 17 Stumpings
    154 ODI, 2262 Runs @ 30.57, 10 x 50's, 151 Catches, 4 Stumpings

    Reliable wicketkeeper. He has filled this role since the retirement of Haddin close to a decade ago.

    Jim Hemp
    178 Tests, 2333 Runs @ 17.41, 2 x 50's, 990 Wickets @ 25.79, 71 x 5i's, 11 x 10m's
    274 ODI, 1041 Runs @ 18.09, 508 Wickets @ 22.36, 15 x 5i's

    The leader of my bowling attack for close to 15 years. I have always struggled for decent bowlers, and Hemp has always been the one bowler to turn to for wickets. Bowls RFM.

    Michael Pollard
    67 Tests, 1900 Runs @ 33.93, 2 x 100's, 9 x 50's, 217 Wickets @ 36.47, 5 x 5i's, 2 x 10m's
    106 ODI, 791 Runs @ 20.28, 2 x 50's, 198 Wickets @ 24.14, 5 x 5i's

    The record of Pollard highlights just how important Hemp is to Australia. A poor RMF bowler, but lack of a better option over the past decade means he keeps getting selected. I consider him the Mitch Johnson of my side, on his day will take a good haul, otherwise he will leak runs at over 4 an over and not look penetrative. Very useful batsman when in form too.

    Len Fry
    10 Tests, 141 Runs @ 15.67, 1 x 50's, 67 Wickets @ 24.67, 6 x 5i's, 1 x 10m
    12 ODI, 125 Runs @ 20.83, 30 Wickets @ 18.33, 3 x 5i's

    Only 22 years of age, and likely to be the first decent spin-bowler I have unearthed for Australia since the retirement of Warne. Bowls tight off-spin, and can also bat.

    Michael Bent
    39 Tests, 204 Runs @ 8.87, 125 Wickets @ 31.36, 4 x 5i's
    87 ODI, 24 Runs @ 2.18, 139 Wickets @ 22.56, 3 x 5i's

    Australia's best bowler in ODI's, and a useful option in Test cricket. Still only 26 years of age so may improve.

    Bench Warmers

    These are the players who are close to the main-squad.

    Richard Corbett
    67 Tests, 922 Runs @ 18.82, 244 Wickets @ 32.54
    67 ODI, 188 Runs @ 13.43, 82 Wickets @ 33.15

    Corbett has long been the first choice spinner until Fry unearthed himself. Bowls tidy leg-spin, but takes most of his wickets through weight of overs.

    Norman Deedes
    49 Tests, 690 Runs @ 18.65, 128 Wickets @ 39.50
    81 ODI, 349 Runs @ 13.96, 110 Wickets @ 28.55

    The worst bowler to play 49 Tests? This highlights my struggles for quality bowling talent. He has an economy rate close to 2.6, so I'm happy for him to play a supporting role when required.

    Christopher Spencer
    18 Tests, 763 Runs @ 40.16, 22 Wickets @ 67.41
    95 ODI, 2018 Runs @ 30.58, 107 Wickets @ 34.07

    The only true all-rounder in Australian cricket (the only decent one with an all-rounder icon at least). Spencer has a very aggressive approach which makes him useful in the ODI's. I have given him a number of Tests because I like him, and he is also one of the few decent Victorians.

    Bill Robertson
    41 Tests, 2253 Runs @ 44.18
    28 ODI, 658 Runs @ 41.12

    A decent batsman to have close to the squad. One of the better first-class batsmen so his name always stands out when selecting squads.

    Ramond Birtles
    18 Tests, 1342 Runs @ 58.35
    13 ODI, 463 Runs @ 38.58

    At 25 he will replace one of Jefferson or May upon retirement.

    Alex Agee
    70 Tests, 5481 Runs @ 63.00
    121 ODI, 3578 Runs @ 36.89

    One of my original regen's. Close to retirement, he spent most of his early career playing with the likes of Ponting, Hussey and White.

    Joseph Broudie
    45 Tests, 466 Runs @ 15.03, 183 Wickets @ 36.29
    50 ODI, 170 Runs @ 18.89, 78 Wickets @ 30.04

    Thankfully Broudie is now third choice in spin-bowling stocks. A very average off-spinner.

    Records
    Some of the records that have been logged:

    Highest Total: 831 v Sth Africa 2020
    Lowest Total: 115 v Sri Lanka 2008
    Highest Innings: 332, D May v England, 2014
    Best Bowling (inn): 9-58, J Gillespie v West Indies 2005
    Best Bowling (match): 14-144, M Pollard v West Indies 2011

    Tactics

    I have always kept my tactics simple in the ICC series. For batsman in Test cricket they always started on 2 bars until roughly 1/3 settled, after which point they moved to 3 bars. As my squad suggests, the strength of my side has always rested with our batting. The plan is to always score 500 + in the first innings and then slowly work our way through the opposition with the ball. For the majority of my career, the best tactic to bowl teams out has been to bowl long spells with the spinners (Fry, Corbett, Broudie and May), and wait for Hemp to fully rest for another spell. I rarely bowl teams out in less than 80 overs, hence the high averages for the majority of my bowlers.

    Current players still kicking

    For Australia, Ricky Ponting played until the age of 40. I believe he played close to 200 Tests when he retired. Cameron White was the only other modern-day player who achieved a decent career at international level.

    For England. Ian Bell is now 38 and has played 100 Tests to average 32.10. Matt Prior has 62 Tests with an average of 31.37.

    For India, Gautam Gambhir still survives and has 102 Tests with an average of 43.06.

    Jesse Ryder has 54 Tests for New Zealand, but not a great career with an average of 33.84.
    Taufeeq Umar has managed to play 154 Tests for Pakistan and has made a decent career. Umar has 11419 Runs @ 40.21. Zulqarnain Haider retains the gloves and has 151 Tests with an average of 34.30. Umar Gul has a fantastic record at 36 years of age. 135 Tests with 714 wickets @ 26.38.

    South Africa have not been a team to force players into retirement. The greatest career is Graeme Smith, who at 40 is still captain of South Africa. 233 Tests, 20228 Runs @ 46.39. Rudolph still manages to play for South Africa with 182 Tests, 15346 Runs @ 47.50. JP Duminy has 84 Tests at an average of 34.25. AB De Villiers has the terrible record of 54 Tests at an average of 24.79.

    Sri Lanka have a team of new faces.

    West Indies have retained the services of Devon Smith (why?). 8096 runs from 135 Tests at 31.38. Dwayne Bravo has 171 Tests, 6156 Runs @ 24.92. His bowling record is much better at 675 Wickets @ 32.35. Darren Sammy still plays too. 221 wickets @ 36.04.

    Aftab Ahmed has forged a decent career with Bangladesh. From 109 Tests he has an average of 38.50. Manjural Islam (RIP) is still playing with 115 Tests and 444 wickets @ 27.00. Adbur Razzak has become a great Test bowler with 357 Wickets @ 26.52.

    Zimbabwe has hardly changed. Mpofu, Rainsford, Panyangara, Utseya, Matsikenyeri, Sibanda, Strydom and Chibhabha still play. They are all rubbish.
    Last edited by Noble One; 15-01-2011 at 03:09 AM.

  3. #198
    International 12th Man
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    1,709
    In the last match of a 3 test tour of Pakistan just chased down 568 in the final innings to win. I might have had a larger 4th innings chase than this, but if so I can't remember one.

    Kind of an odd match overall, the pitch was a seaming wicket on day one as evidenced by the low scoring first innings, but then I completely let the game run away when they put on a double century opening partnership in the third innings.

    At first I was just looking to survive, but as it went along I got more confident and with around 170 runs to get in the final session upped the aggression to 5 bars, before needing 80odd in the last hour and going to 7 bars, then finally max aggression for the last couple of overs. In the end made it with two balls to spare!

    NB: Charles Harrison is my regular no. 10 who came in as a nightwatchman.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #199
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble One View Post
    Booted up my old version of ICC2005, and found my Australian career. I don't believe I have played this version in three or four years.

    I will share the details of this career, as I believe it to be my best ICC save. I was going to post screenshots, but it has become too messy.

    Year: 2021

    World Rankings:

    Test:

    Australia
    Pakistan
    India
    Bangladesh
    Sri Lanka
    England
    New Zealand
    South Africa
    West Indies
    Zimbabwe

    In typical ICC fashion, the Asian teams are all very strong. Somewhat of a surprise though it is not spin bowlers that dominate the game. The success of teams like India and Bangladesh are actually built on fantastic pace attacks.

    ODI:

    Australia
    West Indies
    Sri Lanka
    India
    England
    Pakistan
    New Zealand
    Bangladesh
    South Africa
    Zimbabwe

    Australian Team

    Barry Popplewell
    59 Tests, 6164 Runs @ 70.05, 19 x 100's, 23 x 50's
    94 ODI, 3916 Runs @ 45.05, 8 x 100's, 21 x 50's

    Amazingly only the third or fourth strongest batsman in my side

    Geoffrey Jefferson
    156 Tests, 19511 Runs @ 84.46, 68 x 100's, 65 x 50's
    231 ODI, 10489 Runs @ 50.92, 28 x 100's, 58 x 50's

    The Bradman of my side. Easily the greatest player I have ever had in any ICC career.

    Robert Forrest
    7 Tests, 576 Runs @ 72.00, 3 x 100's, 1 x 50's
    1 ODI, 40 Runs @ 40.00

    A player for the future.

    Dean May
    146 Tests, 14793 Runs @ 69.45, 55 x 100's, 51 x 50's, 275 Wickets @ 37.47, 8 x 5i
    183 ODI, 6419 Runs @ 44.58, 9 x 100's, 43 x 50's, 155 Wickets @ 31.01, 1 x 5i

    The Sobers of my side. Funnily enough he isn't classed as an all-rounder, he is an opening batsman. Spent the majority of his career opening with Jefferson, and often playing as the sole specialist spinner. May bowls very useful off-spinners, and when he has form will slip into the Top 10 bowlers in the world.

    Greg Fish
    59 Tests, 4301 Runs @ 67.20, 12 x 100's, 25 x 50's
    78 ODI, 2291 Runs @ 47.73, 2 x 100's, 14 x 50's

    Dependable middle-order batsman. Overshadowed by the heavy run-scorers above him in the order.

    Tom Gratrix
    83 Tests, 5297 Runs @ 53.50, 19 x 100's, 20 x 50's
    157 ODI, 4120 Runs @ 30.98, 3 x 100's, 21 x 50's

    One of my favourite batsmen. He never deserved to debut when first selected, Gratrix had a low 30's first class batting average and I only wanted him as he was the only decent batsman with a 'very aggressive' approach. He has turned into a wonderful counter-attacking batsman at 6. The perfect player to have bat after Jefferson, May, Popplewell and Fish have piled on the runs. Always scores close to a run a ball.

    Tim Danvers
    98 Tests, 3460 Runs @ 38.88, 6 x 100's, 14 x 50's, 225 Catches, 17 Stumpings
    154 ODI, 2262 Runs @ 30.57, 10 x 50's, 151 Catches, 4 Stumpings

    Reliable wicketkeeper. He has filled this role since the retirement of Haddin close to a decade ago.

    Jim Hemp
    178 Tests, 2333 Runs @ 17.41, 2 x 50's, 990 Wickets @ 25.79, 71 x 5i's, 11 x 10m's
    274 ODI, 1041 Runs @ 18.09, 508 Wickets @ 22.36, 15 x 5i's

    The leader of my bowling attack for close to 15 years. I have always struggled for decent bowlers, and Hemp has always been the one bowler to turn to for wickets. Bowls RFM.

    Michael Pollard
    67 Tests, 1900 Runs @ 33.93, 2 x 100's, 9 x 50's, 217 Wickets @ 36.47, 5 x 5i's, 2 x 10m's
    106 ODI, 791 Runs @ 20.28, 2 x 50's, 198 Wickets @ 24.14, 5 x 5i's

    The record of Pollard highlights just how important Hemp is to Australia. A poor RMF bowler, but lack of a better option over the past decade means he keeps getting selected. I consider him the Mitch Johnson of my side, on his day will take a good haul, otherwise he will leak runs at over 4 an over and not look penetrative. Very useful batsman when in form too.

    Len Fry
    10 Tests, 141 Runs @ 15.67, 1 x 50's, 67 Wickets @ 24.67, 6 x 5i's, 1 x 10m
    12 ODI, 125 Runs @ 20.83, 30 Wickets @ 18.33, 3 x 5i's

    Only 22 years of age, and likely to be the first decent spin-bowler I have unearthed for Australia since the retirement of Warne. Bowls tight off-spin, and can also bat.

    Michael Bent
    39 Tests, 204 Runs @ 8.87, 125 Wickets @ 31.36, 4 x 5i's
    87 ODI, 24 Runs @ 2.18, 139 Wickets @ 22.56, 3 x 5i's

    Australia's best bowler in ODI's, and a useful option in Test cricket. Still only 26 years of age so may improve.

    Bench Warmers

    These are the players who are close to the main-squad.

    Richard Corbett
    67 Tests, 922 Runs @ 18.82, 244 Wickets @ 32.54
    67 ODI, 188 Runs @ 13.43, 82 Wickets @ 33.15

    Corbett has long been the first choice spinner until Fry unearthed himself. Bowls tidy leg-spin, but takes most of his wickets through weight of overs.

    Norman Deedes
    49 Tests, 690 Runs @ 18.65, 128 Wickets @ 39.50
    81 ODI, 349 Runs @ 13.96, 110 Wickets @ 28.55

    The worst bowler to play 49 Tests? This highlights my struggles for quality bowling talent. He has an economy rate close to 2.6, so I'm happy for him to play a supporting role when required.

    Christopher Spencer
    18 Tests, 763 Runs @ 40.16, 22 Wickets @ 67.41
    95 ODI, 2018 Runs @ 30.58, 107 Wickets @ 34.07

    The only true all-rounder in Australian cricket (the only decent one with an all-rounder icon at least). Spencer has a very aggressive approach which makes him useful in the ODI's. I have given him a number of Tests because I like him, and he is also one of the few decent Victorians.

    Bill Robertson
    41 Tests, 2253 Runs @ 44.18
    28 ODI, 658 Runs @ 41.12

    A decent batsman to have close to the squad. One of the better first-class batsmen so his name always stands out when selecting squads.

    Ramond Birtles
    18 Tests, 1342 Runs @ 58.35
    13 ODI, 463 Runs @ 38.58

    At 25 he will replace one of Jefferson or May upon retirement.

    Alex Agee
    70 Tests, 5481 Runs @ 63.00
    121 ODI, 3578 Runs @ 36.89

    One of my original regen's. Close to retirement, he spent most of his early career playing with the likes of Ponting, Hussey and White.

    Joseph Broudie
    45 Tests, 466 Runs @ 15.03, 183 Wickets @ 36.29
    50 ODI, 170 Runs @ 18.89, 78 Wickets @ 30.04

    Thankfully Broudie is now third choice in spin-bowling stocks. A very average off-spinner.

    Records
    Some of the records that have been logged:

    Highest Total: 831 v Sth Africa 2020
    Lowest Total: 115 v Sri Lanka 2008
    Highest Innings: 332, D May v England, 2014
    Best Bowling (inn): 9-58, J Gillespie v West Indies 2005
    Best Bowling (match): 14-144, M Pollard v West Indies 2011

    Tactics

    I have always kept my tactics simple in the ICC series. For batsman in Test cricket they always started on 2 bars until roughly 1/3 settled, after which point they moved to 3 bars. As my squad suggests, the strength of my side has always rested with our batting. The plan is to always score 500 + in the first innings and then slowly work our way through the opposition with the ball. For the majority of my career, the best tactic to bowl teams out has been to bowl long spells with the spinners (Fry, Corbett, Broudie and May), and wait for Hemp to fully rest for another spell. I rarely bowl teams out in less than 80 overs, hence the high averages for the majority of my bowlers.

    Current players still kicking

    For Australia, Ricky Ponting played until the age of 40. I believe he played close to 200 Tests when he retired. Cameron White was the only other modern-day player who achieved a decent career at international level.

    For England. Ian Bell is now 38 and has played 100 Tests to average 32.10. Matt Prior has 62 Tests with an average of 31.37.

    For India, Gautam Gambhir still survives and has 102 Tests with an average of 43.06.

    Jesse Ryder has 54 Tests for New Zealand, but not a great career with an average of 33.84.
    Taufeeq Umar has managed to play 154 Tests for Pakistan and has made a decent career. Umar has 11419 Runs @ 40.21. Zulqarnain Haider retains the gloves and has 151 Tests with an average of 34.30. Umar Gul has a fantastic record at 36 years of age. 135 Tests with 714 wickets @ 26.38.

    South Africa have not been a team to force players into retirement. The greatest career is Graeme Smith, who at 40 is still captain of South Africa. 233 Tests, 20228 Runs @ 46.39. Rudolph still manages to play for South Africa with 182 Tests, 15346 Runs @ 47.50. JP Duminy has 84 Tests at an average of 34.25. AB De Villiers has the terrible record of 54 Tests at an average of 24.79.

    Sri Lanka have a team of new faces.

    West Indies have retained the services of Devon Smith (why?). 8096 runs from 135 Tests at 31.38. Dwayne Bravo has 171 Tests, 6156 Runs @ 24.92. His bowling record is much better at 675 Wickets @ 32.35. Darren Sammy still plays too. 221 wickets @ 36.04.

    Aftab Ahmed has forged a decent career with Bangladesh. From 109 Tests he has an average of 38.50. Manjural Islam (RIP) is still playing with 115 Tests and 444 wickets @ 27.00. Adbur Razzak has become a great Test bowler with 357 Wickets @ 26.52.

    Zimbabwe has hardly changed. Mpofu, Rainsford, Panyangara, Utseya, Matsikenyeri, Sibanda, Strydom and Chibhabha still play. They are all rubbish.
    Have an Indian save file on 2021 myself. Will post stats shortly. I think there was a problem with my save file which caused every good batsman to be a wicketkeeper for some reason.


  5. #200
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Have an Indian save file on 2021 myself. Will post stats shortly. I think there was a problem with my save file which caused every good batsman to be a wicketkeeper for some reason.
    My test XI:

    Openers:

    H Kanitkar - My sides official wicket keeper though 4 other players are specialist Wks too.

    59 tests 7037 runs @ 99.11 with 28 tons and 19 50s. Has 145 catches and 4 stumpings too. Aggressive opener who sets both tests and ODIs up from the opening spot. Incredible strike rate to go with that test avg. Age: 27.

    S Singh - One of the 2 specialist batsmen in my side. Great opening partner for Kanitkar.

    2749 runs from 27 tests at an average of 78.54 with 9 100s and 5 50s.
    Career highlight: Pummeling Zimbabwe in a test match where he got 478 runs at more than run a ball which is now the national record for the individual highest test score. Not as aggressive as Kanitkar though. Can block one end and play defensively when there is a collapse, not that there are any. Age: 26.

    Top/Middle Order

    T Sharma - Was the back bone of my batting line up when Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman and Sehwag retired in the same year(****s!). Was also the keeper/captain for a couple of seasons and allowed me to get more batsmen into the side to make up for that big blow the seniors gave me by retiring all at once. Best batsman of the side around who I built my team. Not an aggressive player. Not defensive either. Can switch gears at will.

    107 tests 12352 runs @ 95.75 with 47 100s and 39 50s. 209 catches and 6 stumpings as a keeper. Been the captain of the side for a long time too. Age: 30.

    S Chavan - The Wall V2.0. Defensive player who can bat for long periods while other batsmen play their shots. Can shield the tail and play crucial knocks to save test matches. The guy who remains not out and just stays there till the end no matter what. Been my no.4 for the last few seasons. Can keep wickets too. Specialist keeper. Never kept wickets though. Fields in the slips almost always.

    5549 runs from 75 matches @ 70.24. No double hundreds for him yet. Also has 157 catches. Age: 26.

    W Sunil - One of the 2 players from the side to have an English county contract. Plays for Northamptonshire. Great no.5 bat who is again a specialist Wk. Never kept wickets in international games. Surprisingly, only player who can bowl spin in the line up. Scored an impossible 300 when we were following on once to save a test match. Age: 27.

    40 tests 3392 runs @ 94.22 with 14 tons and 8 50s.

    N Gopal - New guy who just made it into the test side earlier in the season. Only decent counter attacking player I could find in the national pool. Very aggressive player who bats at 6 in the test side. Is a keeper again. Scored a 120 ball 184 to win a test for me in the last session of a test in his debut. One for the future for sure. Age: 22.

    9 tests 544 runs @ 90.67 with 3 100s and one 50.

    Lower Order

    M Gera - Specialist batsman @ no.7. My team's last line of defence when there is a collapse. Veteran player. Has played test cricket for 10 years. Age: 32.

    85 tests 5629 runs @ 66 with 20 100s and 28 50s.

    S Hussain - Promising left arm pace bowler who can bat a bit. Has 2 aggressive 100s from no.8. Can buy the team time to bowl the opponents out if we are looking for quick runs before a declaration. Always gets out in the single digits quickly if he is asked to play defensively. Not much use if you want to block your way to saving a test match. Age: 21.

    30 tests 746 runs @ 28 with 2 100s and 2 50s. 145 wickets @ 24.50.

    R Sachin - Promising pace bowler who debuted in tests this season. Almost like Mitchell Johnson. Goes wicketless for large parts of the game and grabs 4-5 wickets with a sudden burst in a spell out of nowhere. Frustrating bowler but promising. Age: 18.

    10 matches 45 wickets @ 26.11.

    H Arothe - First pure fast bowler in my test side. Has really good seasons and awful ones. Unpredictable bowler. Devastating when on form though. to give you an example, averaged 35+ last season for 32 wickets but he has taken 44 @ 14.93 so far this season. Veteran bowler. Age: 32.

    92 tests 324 wickets @ 28.56.

    K Khan - McGrath like Fast Medium bowler who has carried the attack with countless partners who have been chopped and changed over the years. The wheel of mediocrity exists in ICC too! Plays for Yorkshire when not playing for India. Age: 29.

    72 matches 418 wickets @ 22.45 with 29 5fers and 6 10fers.

    Reserves:

    A Kapoor - Specialist opener who averages 63 in FC cricket. Got a couple of chances when S Singh was injured and did not use the chance well. Averaging 7 in tests after 2 games. Age: 24.

    F Mehra - Batsman who used to play tests for India. Got into a form slump and others took his place and hasn't played national games since then if there are no injuries. Avgs 56 after 46 tests with 3320 runs. Has 8 tons and 20 fifties to his name. Age: 32.

    S Oasis - All rounder who just plays ODIs. Has just played one test. Don't need him tbf. Age: 27.

    K Kamal - Left arm fast bowler who is a back up bowler. Has played when one of my first choice fast bowlers is injured. Has 20 wickets @ 27 after 5 tests. Age: 24.

    S Johnson - Spin bowler who plays if two bowlers are injured. Has 38 wickets @ 24 after 10 games. Age: 32
    Last edited by Shri; 22-01-2011 at 09:32 PM.

  6. #201
    International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,113
    Very nice cricketers Shri. Reminds me of the original ICC which had the wicketkeeper bug. Wicketkeepers who could only be run-out, I always tried to avoid them for my own teams, but a nightmare when playing other county sides.

  7. #202
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble One View Post
    Very nice cricketers Shri. Reminds me of the original ICC which had the wicketkeeper bug. Wicketkeepers who could only be run-out, I always tried to avoid them for my own teams, but a nightmare when playing other county sides.
    Yeah, been a long time since I had a specialist bat. Every one of them are wicketkeepers though not like they can never be dismissed. Just batsmen who are too good compared to batters from other teams. Would gladly give every one of them up in exchange for great bowlers.

  8. #203
    U19 Vice-Captain Chewie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    540
    Tim McIntosh just batted through just over 5 sessions, scoring 125 from 498 balls. Pretty typical

    Last season he played 7 innings, scoring 486 runs at 69.43, with 3 centuries at a strike rate of 34.42

    And somehow in domestic cricket hes cored 89 in a T20 match (his career strike rate for T20 is currently 92.36)

  9. #204
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl:lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,473
    McIntosh isn't the worst domestic limited overs player.
    Direbirds FTW!

    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

  10. #205
    U19 Vice-Captain Chewie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    540
    In the next match he batted through the innings for 99* off 323 balls, as the rest of the lineup collapsed.

    Edit:



    Test match finished in 3 days. Raval on debut scored 1 in both innings.
    Last edited by Chewie; 23-01-2011 at 09:34 PM.

  11. #206
    Global Moderator Somerset's Avatar
    Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    9,863
    Nice to see Todd Astle performing well for you - is that with the original database or your adjusted one?

  12. #207
    U19 Vice-Captain Chewie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    540
    It's with the original database - he was doing well on my iPod so I thought I'd start a game on my computer and see how he went in that. Not too bad it would appear, as he has mid 20 averages in both tests and ODIs

  13. #208
    State Vice-Captain Crazy Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,184
    Here are the career stats for most of my test/odi batsmen and bowlers. I'm about to start the 2034-2035 season.

    my current first XI for tests is:
    Lynn (C) - 35
    Allenby - 28
    Darkes - 37
    Hales - 26
    Vincent - 30
    Kennedy - 33
    Law (WK) - 32
    Shelley - 35
    East - 25
    Gunson - 28
    Wise - 33

    My ODI lineup is a lot more volatile but this is my preferred team when they're in form:
    Lynn (C) - 35
    Ripley - 35
    Hales - 26
    Kennedy - 33
    Darkes - 37
    Allenby - 28
    Wallace - 22
    Smith (WK) - 24
    Gunson - 28
    Wise - 33
    McGregor - 25
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andrew Symonds 143*

  14. #209
    Global Moderator Somerset's Avatar
    Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    9,863
    Some gun players there - Lynn and Darkes especially. Interesting that Allenby's got such a good test record but has only hit 3 ODI tons.

  15. #210
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    15,998
    Have decided to give this a go. Wish me luck.
    And we still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-07-2009, 07:35 PM
  2. An A to Z of Cricketing Terms for newcomers
    By Dave Gregory in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-02-2008, 07:52 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22-11-2007, 05:51 AM
  4. *Official* Sri Lankan Domestic Cricket Thread
    By chaminda_00 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 01:01 PM
  5. Replies: 1876
    Last Post: 23-09-2005, 04:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •